Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins? 89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      68%
    • Johnson Central
      31%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 152
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to reap what you sew. I hope that CovCath smokes JC.

 

CovCath is a better team in the 4th quarter than they are in the first. If they come out and play 4 full quarters, then they will not lose this game. If they tackle like they did against NewCath and the first half of the Highlands game, then they will need some more of that second half magic, which at some point runs out.

Good luck to the Colonels, but JC's run game will be much better than any thing the Colonels have faced this year. Much better.

Halftime score - Johnson Central 12 Scott 7. Hmmmm .....

 

One of the guys in the pressbox told me that on Saturday at the Cov Cath game. Was Johnson Central playing all of their starters?

Edited by Birdsfan
Typo

Good luck to the Colonels, but JC's run game will be much better than any thing the Colonels have faced this year. Much better.

 

Highlands, Ryle, St. X, and Dixie all seemed to have a very effective running game against Cov Cath - particularly Ryle and St. X. Is JC's run game really superior to all of these?

Highlands, Ryle, St. X, and Dixie all seemed to have a very effective running game against Cov Cath - particularly Ryle and St. X. Is JC's run game really superior to all of these?

 

I wouldn't say superior..I would say different..

Highlands, Ryle, St. X, and Dixie all seemed to have a very effective running game against Cov Cath - particularly Ryle and St. X. Is JC's run game really superior to all of these?

 

Excellent question. I will be surprised if JC's running game is not shown to be overated.

I have heard they are not running the Belly option as much as in years past is that true?

 

I know that Hall, Bratton and Jude are very very good. But I also think that the option aspect is a big part of the reason teams from NKY have trouble with them. If they have gone to a more power I look, I think that bodes well for CovCath!

Highlands, Ryle, St. X, and Dixie all seemed to have a very effective running game against Cov Cath - particularly Ryle and St. X. Is JC's run game really superior to all of these?

 

NewCath put up over 400 yards against CovCath and had over 78 plays against them. I would love to see how JC would better that.

I wouldn't say superior..I would say different..
It's smashmouth. So bring your padded chinstraps. :cool:

 

I think Cov Cath can win this, as long as they contain the run and keep an eye on who has the ball. Good Luck Colonels -- we want to give you another shot in the nest!

NewCath put up over 400 yards against CovCath and had over 78 plays against them. I would love to see how JC would better that.

 

Very good point. My apologies for overlooking the Breds in my post.

Along with the black jerseys and black under armour sleeves, it DOES make it difficult to pick up who has the ball in their option style offense. Good luck to the crew announcing the game...hope you have "young eyes" for spotters! Go Colonels! (I can't believe I posted THAT! LOL!)

 

Mark and Greg have the young eye's! Me? I just have a good pair of binoculars :lol: :D

I have heard they are not running the Belly option as much as in years past is that true?

 

I know that Hall, Bratton and Jude are very very good. But I also think that the option aspect is a big part of the reason teams from NKY have trouble with them. If they have gone to a more power I look, I think that bodes well for CovCath!

 

They didn't run it as much in their district game vs. Ashland as I would have expected. But then, they did't have to. Jude was unbelievably quick to the edge, and once a Tomcat or two missed, he was off to the races. Something like 3 touchdowns in the first 5 plays from scrimmage. Later on, they did run the belly, and ran it well, but nowhere near the kind of yardage they were getting outside.

Very good point. My apologies for overlooking the Breds in my post.

 

I was speaking more to Leatherneck's comment.

It's smashmouth. So bring your padded chinstraps. :cool:

 

I think Cov Cath can win this, as long as they contain the run and keep an eye on who has the ball. Good Luck Colonels -- we want to give you another shot in the nest!

 

And be sure to not make the "mistake" and listen to us Birdsfan. Would not want to bore you with our chit chat.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.