Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins? 89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      68%
    • Johnson Central
      31%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

And be sure to not make the "mistake" and listen to us Birdsfan. Would not want to bore you with our chit chat.

 

Ouch

  • Replies 152
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And be sure to not make the "mistake" and listen to us Birdsfan. Would not want to bore you with our chit chat.
I had to turn you guys off last time because you hadn't given the score or the time remaining for an age. It causes a lot of anxiety when "someone" is obsessively trying to update the game thread here on BGP. :cool:

 

I mean, not that I don't really enjoy hearing about Grandma Baumbgartner who listens to every game from the rest home in Miami Beach, or about every former player who happens to walk by...but, you know. :D j/k

 

Seriously though, giving the time and score every so often really does help the listener -- especially if they've just tuned in. I remember one announcer saying that he kept a little sand timer on his table. He updated the score and time each time it ran out.

 

At least you have the comfort of knowing I'm one of your loyal listeners -- even if I am complaining the whole time. :thumb:

I had to turn you guys off last time because you hadn't given the score or the time remaining for an age. It causes a lot of anxiety when "someone" is obsessively trying to update the game thread here on BGP. :cool:

 

I mean, not that I don't really enjoy hearing about Grandma Baumbgartner who listens to every game from the rest home in Miami Beach, or about every former player who happens to walk by...but, you know. :D j/k

 

Seriously though, giving the time and score every so often really does help the listener -- especially if they've just tuned in. I remember one announcer saying that he kept a little sand timer on his table. He updated the score and time each time it ran out.

 

At least you have the comfort of knowing I'm one of your loyal listeners -- even if I am complaining the whole time. :thumb:

 

Now you have gone too far... It's one thing to print shirts that have the word "again" on them (again), criticize the noise and exhaust from our portable lights and accuse the Colonel faithful of being members of La Cosa Nostra, but when you go after Grandma Baumbgartner you have stepped over the line. The gloves are off should there be a rematch in 11 days in Gotham City. [Colonels pack 8 in the box and hang on to beat J.C. in a spirited rematch, of the rematch of the rematch contest this Friday.]

Highlands, Ryle, St. X, and Dixie all seemed to have a very effective running game against Cov Cath - particularly Ryle and St. X. Is JC's run game really superior to all of these?

 

 

I haven't seen X this year. Of the others you mentioned (as well as NewCath), I'd say that JC's run game was superior based on the one game I saw JC play earlier this year. Now admittedly, I saw them play Ashland and without wanting to incite the Ashland followers, perhaps Ashland's run defense played a role in JC's run game looking so strong. Supporting that possibility is the fact that JC evidently struggled running the ball in the half against Scott (I haven't seen that game on tape yet, so I don't know why JC struggled). Scott's improved considerably this year, but unless JC had a lot of players out with injuries, spent the first half working on other things or the JC kids just came out of the locker room totally unfocused, I'd have expected JC to run the ball rather well against Scott based on what I saw JC do against Ashland.

 

Jude, Hall and Bratton are three of the best running backs in one back field I've seen this year. Add a big blocking back like Ousley coming in motion off the slot and being a lead blocker in the hole, that's a pretty darn good running game I'd think.

I had to turn you guys off last time because you hadn't given the score or the time remaining for an age. It causes a lot of anxiety when "someone" is obsessively trying to update the game thread here on BGP. :cool:

 

I mean, not that I don't really enjoy hearing about Grandma Baumbgartner who listens to every game from the rest home in Miami Beach, or about every former player who happens to walk by...but, you know. :D j/k

 

Seriously though, giving the time and score every so often really does help the listener -- especially if they've just tuned in. I remember one announcer saying that he kept a little sand timer on his table. He updated the score and time each time it ran out.

 

At least you have the comfort of knowing I'm one of your loyal listeners -- even if I am complaining the whole time. :thumb:

 

Sorry, but Grandma Baumgartner comes first. She had her personal nurse send us an email that giving the score too often sends her heart into de-fib.

 

I always like to go back and check the update threads to see if there was something written by someone that we've ticked of for some reason. You never seem to disappoint. You were getting the scores from Ashland radio, no need to check us out just to rip on us. When it's out of hand like that and all the subs are coming in, we feel the need to give them their props and we stop giving the score every 5 seconds.

 

I'm sure you feel entired to the score, but you can't handle the score! Son, we live in a world that has internet radio. And those broadcasts have to be announced by men who have other jobs. Who else is gonna do it? You Birdsfan? You, NamecipS? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for not hearing the score and you curse the announcers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not doing what we do, that not giving the score, while tragic, probably makes someone else's day. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes someone's elses day...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that radio. You need us on that radio. We use words like professionalism, integrity, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent giving the score. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain outselves to a man who listens to our broadcasts we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it! We'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, we suggest you pick up a microphone and go on the air. Either way, we don't give a darn what you think you're entitled to!

Now you have gone too far... It's one thing to print shirts that have the word "again" on them (again), criticize the noise and exhaust from our portable lights and accuse the Colonel faithful of being members of La Cosa Nostra, but when you go after Grandma Baumbgartner you have stepped over the line. The gloves are off should there be a rematch in 11 days in Gotham City. [Colonels pack 8 in the box and hang on to beat J.C. in a spirited rematch, of the rematch of the rematch contest this Friday.]
Oh geez! Is there really a Grandma Baumgartner? :ohbrother:

If you are interested in checking out Johnson Central in a few game here is the link to the Johnson/Scott playoff game on ihigh

 

http://www.ihigh.com/school7174/broadcast_134726.html?silverlight=1

 

and here is the belfry game on senior night

http://www.ihigh.com/school7174/broadcast_134361.html?

silverlight=1

Nice job on the National Anthem on this one!

Oh geez! Is there really a Grandma Baumgartner? :ohbrother:

 

No, but if there were she would be plenty mad. :taz: :D

Sorry, but Grandma Baumgartner comes first. She had her personal nurse send us an email that giving the score too often sends her heart into de-fib.

 

I always like to go back and check the update threads to see if there was something written by someone that we've ticked of for some reason. You never seem to disappoint. You were getting the scores from Ashland radio, no need to check us out just to rip on us. When it's out of hand like that and all the subs are coming in, we feel the need to give them their props and we stop giving the score every 5 seconds.

 

I'm sure you feel entired to the score, but you can't handle the score! Son, we live in a world that has internet radio. And those broadcasts have to be announced by men who have other jobs. Who else is gonna do it? You Birdsfan? You, NamecipS? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for not hearing the score and you curse the announcers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not doing what we do, that not giving the score, while tragic, probably makes someone else's day. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes someone's elses day...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that radio. You need us on that radio. We use words like professionalism, integrity, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent giving the score. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain outselves to a man who listens to our broadcasts we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it! We'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, we suggest you pick up a microphone and go on the air. Either way, we don't give a darn what you think you're entitled to!

 

Hey now, I spent my time on the internet(and in the service). I've earned that right:thumb::lol:

Hey now, I spent my time on the internet(and in the service). I've earned that right:thumb::lol:
Sorry, collateral damage! ha

Grandma Baumgartner says "Beat Highlands"crazy-grandma.jpg

I always like to go back and check the update threads to see if there was something written by someone that we've ticked of for some reason. You never seem to disappoint. You were getting the scores from Ashland radio, no need to check us out just to rip on us. When it's out of hand like that and all the subs are coming in, we feel the need to give them their props and we stop giving the score every 5 seconds.
You should spend more time updating your listeners and less time worrying about what they're saying about you. :D

 

And I did not check you out just to rip on you. I think you do a fine job. I just get antsy when I can't give people the score or time. Shoot, I'm probably one of your most semi-loyal listeners of all! I even emailed in a couple times a year or two ago. :cool:

 

Btw, loved the (modified) speech from Jack. :thumb: I used it in a post myself, a few years back.

 

 

[Now you guys will have to give a shoutout to Grandma Baumgartner, this week!] :lol:

Edited by Birdsfan

  • Author
Highlands, Ryle, St. X, and Dixie all seemed to have a very effective running game against Cov Cath - particularly Ryle and St. X. Is JC's run game really superior to all of these?

 

yes, it is. Much better than the teams mentioned.

This just in from Covcathiradio:

 

Johnson Central 0 - Covington Catholic 0

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.