Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins? 89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      68%
    • Johnson Central
      31%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Hey Now! The Cov. Cath. announcers/volunteers are Cov. Cath. fans, performing a service for the Cov. Cath. community. We in the Park Hills Mafia enjoy the enthusiam the announcers bring to the broadcast. I like the homespun touches (e.g. the Grandpa Otto drive of the game, the occasional table slap or offer of glasses to the referee. :D ) It is not meant to be a neutral broadcast. While I am sure the covcathiradio team welcomes listeners from all schools, their primary mission is to broadcast the game to Colonel Nation. I am looking forward to listening to the game on Friday night and will opt for their audio over the ihigh video/audio.

 

I agree Flotsam. At first I was like Whackem, it was loathesome to listen but after a couple games I finally bought into it and now I get a kick out of listening to the "Dave Lapham wannabees". They do provide an excellent service to the CovCath community and I think it would be in a lot of school's best interest to mirror this effort. It would be excellent experience for kids that want to get into broadcasting.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Now! The Cov. Cath. announcers/volunteers are Cov. Cath. fans, performing a service for the Cov. Cath. community. We in the Park Hills Mafia enjoy the enthusiam the announcers bring to the broadcast. I like the homespun touches (e.g. the Grandpa Otto drive of the game, the occasional table slap or offer of glasses to the referee. :D ) It is not meant to be a neutral broadcast. While I am sure the covcathiradio team welcomes listeners from all schools, their primary mission is to broadcast the game to Colonel Nation. I am looking forward to listening to the game on Friday night and will opt for their audio over the ihigh video/audio.
Geez! Some people are such complainers. :cool:

Look, I'm never, ever looking for "you guys are the best announcers ever" kind of comments. If you found out what was going on in the game eventually, but maybe you came in right after we gave the score and it takes a few minutes for us to give it again, thems the breaks. To please people that are blogging scores, I could care less if you get the score every few minutes. One thing to remember when it comes to us discussing off topic stuff. We do not have live stats to go over every break in the action and we don't have commercials like a radio broadcast. That is aa huge advantage to not have to talk non-stop for 3 hours. Try it sometime. When we had live stats, it changed everything. Losing Rusty Schilling was huge like we knew it would be. As always, if you don't like it, go to the game or don't tune in. It's so simple.

To please people that are blogging scores, I could care less if you get the score every few minutes.
Such hostility! If you're going to be in the public venue, you have to be able to tolerate criticism -- especially when it's meant constructively, as mine was. Many of your listeners are also the very BGPers to which you say you don't care about giving updates.

 

But this is all off the thread topic, so I'll just close by saying you do a fine job, and my "complaints" were only meant to improve the experience for your listeners.

  • Author

:clap:

All of the talk about the JC-Woodford game got me investigating for myself. After watching the last ten minutes I almost vomited. That's not football. That's a classless joke and the coach is a moron. Letting the other team score? Really? Sending out an ailing QB late in the 4th quarter up by 30? Really? Feeding your first team running back the ball when he is obviously exhausted? Really? Taking a knee is what a man would have done. Mattney must be pretty childish.

 

Anyways, Go Colonels!

 

:clap::clap: I think Cov Cath should watch this game and use it as a motivator. Matney has some major issues.

  • Author
Hey Now! The Cov. Cath. announcers/volunteers are Cov. Cath. fans, performing a service for the Cov. Cath. community. We in the Park Hills Mafia enjoy the enthusiam the announcers bring to the broadcast. I like the homespun touches (e.g. the Grandpa Otto drive of the game, the occasional table slap or offer of glasses to the referee. :D ) It is not meant to be a neutral broadcast. While I am sure the covcathiradio team welcomes listeners from all schools, their primary mission is to broadcast the game to Colonel Nation. I am looking forward to listening to the game on Friday night and will opt for their audio over the ihigh video/audio.

 

Well said.

Such hostility! If you're going to be in the public venue, you have to be able to tolerate criticism -- especially when it's meant constructively, as mine was. Many of your listeners are also the very BGPers to which you say you don't care about giving updates.

 

But this is all off the thread topic, so I'll just close by saying you do a fine job, and my "complaints" were only meant to improve the experience for your listeners.

 

If they're listening, they don't don't need the score on the blog now do they?

Hey Now! The Cov. Cath. announcers/volunteers are Cov. Cath. fans, performing a service for the Cov. Cath. community. We in the Park Hills Mafia enjoy the enthusiam the announcers bring to the broadcast. I like the homespun touches (e.g. the Grandpa Otto drive of the game, the occasional table slap or offer of glasses to the referee. :D ) It is not meant to be a neutral broadcast. While I am sure the covcathiradio team welcomes listeners from all schools, their primary mission is to broadcast the game to Colonel Nation. I am looking forward to listening to the game on Friday night and will opt for their audio over the ihigh video/audio.

 

Well put Flotsam. I know myself, and I would guess every one of the millions of folks in the Colonel Nation, love having a true Fan of Cov Cath broadcasting the events. I can only hope that comments which can be construed as negative by the Broadcast team, do not drive them to the point where they just stop providing the service to the Colonel Nation. IMO Cov Cath Radio is one of the things that help make Cov Cath special to all the young men who go there, and all the fans who follow the school.

So in case you do not hear it often enough - Thanks to the Cov Cath Radio team for what you do - It is appreciated by many, many folks.

JC wins by TD. in a really close game.

Well put Flotsam. I know myself, and I would guess every one of the millions of folks in the Colonel Nation, love having a true Fan of Cov Cath broadcasting the events. I can only hope that comments which can be construed as negative by the Broadcast team, do not drive them to the point where they just stop providing the service to the Colonel Nation. IMO Cov Cath Radio is one of the things that help make Cov Cath special to all the young men who go there, and all the fans who follow the school.

So in case you do not hear it often enough - Thanks to the Cov Cath Radio team for what you do - It is appreciated by many, many folks.

 

The time and commitment shown by Mark is unreal. He takes off of work to hit the road when necessary. Don't worry though. Mark is so obstinate that the more critics he garners the more games he'll broadcast. CCH LAX next if the critics keep at it!!

 

On one hand I'm shocked that only Brossart with the pioneer of NKY webcasting has made a serious effort to offer this service. Then I look at how much time it takes and I can see why.

 

You can tell by listening it's not a traditional broadcast like you hear on the radio. As Mark said there aren't any commercials so it's non-stop talking (which Mark has never had a problem with). Mark has always had the mentality of providing a service to others and LOVES when a grandparent in Alaska or Florida or Mishawaka gets to hear their grandson's name mentioned. I could go on and on about other examples of how he's done special things for people but that might hurt his "mafia" image so....

 

Back to the game.

If they're listening, they don't don't need the score on the blog now do they?
These are just part-time listeners...not first time/long timers. :cool:
Such hostility! If you're going to be in the public venue, you have to be able to tolerate criticism -- especially when it's meant constructively, as mine was. Many of your listeners are also the very BGPers to which you say you don't care about giving updates.

 

But this is all off the thread topic, so I'll just close by saying you do a fine job, and my "complaints" were only meant to improve the experience for your listeners.

 

Mark does every CovCath Football, Basketball and when CovCath Baseball gets into the District and Regional games, he does those games as well.

 

Other than Bishop Brossart, who else does this service for a NKy HS?

 

I can honestly tell you it is a lot more work than most think it is and the work just doesn't happen on game day. There are rosters to get, calls to the AD's office to get permission to broadcast the games, there are interviews to be done and practices to attend to get to know what just might happen at the game. Just think about how many nights that his lovely wife sits at home by herself while Mark is away doing a game. Heck about the only think Mark gets out of doing the games is maybe a free Coke to drink as he doesn't even get gas money to travel to games like in Paintsville.

 

Trust me after doing more than just a few baseball games with Mark and a couple of Basketball games also, it isn't as easy as some just might think it is as by the time you can done for the night, your voice is tired, and your mind is tired. Honestly it's much more work than most think it is.

 

Thanks Mark for the work you do for so many of the CovCath faithful!

  • Author

Just wondering if CCH has access to the films where Boyle and Bell defeated J.C.? These 2 teams are the only ones to score a bunch on Central. I look for anywhere between 4-6 tds which seems to be J.C.'s avg/game. If CCH can hold them under 30, I think they win handily. Does anyone know why Boyle and Bell were so effective at stopping Central?

If CCH can hold them under 30' date=' I think they win handily. [/quote']

 

Not sure about "handily" but I agree with the 30.

Go Colonels!!!!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.