Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins? 89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      68%
    • Johnson Central
      31%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Just just in from Covcathiradio:

 

Johnson Central 0 - Covington Catholic 0

Birdsfan and Flotsam, you certainly helped this day fly. No pun intened Birdsfan.
  • Replies 152
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be one of the better games this week. I believe that this one will be close and believe that if Cov Cath plays the way they have been for the past few weeks that they can get this one. It will require a full game of effort though. I say the winner gets this one between 7 and 10 points, no blowout.

Sorry, but Grandma Baumgartner comes first. She had her personal nurse send us an email that giving the score too often sends her heart into de-fib.

 

I always like to go back and check the update threads to see if there was something written by someone that we've ticked of for some reason. You never seem to disappoint. You were getting the scores from Ashland radio, no need to check us out just to rip on us. When it's out of hand like that and all the subs are coming in, we feel the need to give them their props and we stop giving the score every 5 seconds.

 

I'm sure you feel entired to the score, but you can't handle the score! Son, we live in a world that has internet radio. And those broadcasts have to be announced by men who have other jobs. Who else is gonna do it? You Birdsfan? You, NamecipS? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for not hearing the score and you curse the announcers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not doing what we do, that not giving the score, while tragic, probably makes someone else's day. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes someone's elses day...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us on that radio. You need us on that radio. We use words like professionalism, integrity, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent giving the score. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain outselves to a man who listens to our broadcasts we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it! We'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, we suggest you pick up a microphone and go on the air. Either way, we don't give a darn what you think you're entitled to!

 

You do know you are "quoting" a lunatic, right? :lol:

Johnson Central 28-24.

Where are the Johnsonville fans? All I'm hearing are crickets.

Where are the Johnsonville fans? All I'm hearing are crickets.

 

Hard at work tabulating Jude's yards on an abacus.

  • Author
Where are the Johnsonville fans? All I'm hearing are crickets.

 

I'm hearing Bird fans. Not sure why they would rather play Cov. Cath over J.C.? Cov Cath almost put it to em' in their first game. Sounds like the Birds would match up better with J.C.

I'm hearing Bird fans. Not sure why they would rather play Cov. Cath over J.C.? Cov Cath almost put it to em' in their first game. Sounds like the Birds would match up better with J.C.

 

travel vs home game!

You do know you are "quoting" a lunatic, right? :lol:
Yeah...me! :jump:
Travel vs home game!
Bingo.
Where are the Johnsonville fans? All I'm hearing are crickets.

 

I don't recall hearing too much from them last year either. I guess they play the strong & silent type. If memory serves, Proud Eagle may have been one of the only Paintsville posters last year in the JC v. CCH thread.

I'm hearing Bird fans. Not sure why they would rather play Cov. Cath over J.C.? Cov Cath almost put it to em' in their first game. Sounds like the Birds would match up better with J.C.

 

This is a CovCath-JC thread, not a HHS thread. Both teams will assuredly leave it all out on the field Friday in Paintsville in their quest to advance to play the HHS-Dixie winner. Contrasting styles will make for a great game, far better than last season. Good luck to both squads.

 

If there was any question that the game wouldn't be one of the best of the weekend, I ran into a couple of friends from Pikeville and Inez today who both will be in attendance for the game.

  • Author
This is a CovCath-JC thread, not a HHS thread. Both teams will assuredly leave it all out on the field Friday in Paintsville in their quest to advance to play the HHS-Dixie winner. Contrasting styles will make for a great game, far better than last season. Good luck to both squads.

 

If there was any question that the game wouldn't be one of the best of the weekend, I ran into a couple of friends from Pikeville and Inez today who both will be in attendance for the game.

 

Thanks for clarifying. You're a real pal.

I don't recall hearing too much from them last year either. I guess they play the strong & silent type. If memory serves, Proud Eagle may have been one of the only Paintsville posters last year in the JC v. CCH thread.
And ProudEagle is a good man. Can't wait to see you again on Friday.
Does JC have a secondary that can cover the four receivers that CovCath puts on the field on nearly every down? The passing game should be open and take pressure off the running game.

 

There is no doubt that CovCath will have to do something different on defense. If they don't it will be a long bus ride home. I, for one, would like to see Mr. Schaefer come back and play LB. I would also like to see nine guys in the box. Make them throw the ball.

 

One big difference between this year and the last two seasons. The weather forecast is not calling for sub arctic conditions. A temp in the low 40's will seem down right balmy compared to the last two years. That works in CovCath's favor.

 

Someone mentioned dimming the lights. Is that not the darkest field you've ever seen?

 

I had to brighten this up quite a bit, but that's likely due to my camera more than anything else. It did seem dark, but not oppressively so. I liked it. It's a nice setting for a football game and I'd love to see a Highlands/JC regular season matchup there when the game starts in the twilight. Fairly awesome, I'm guessing.:ylsuper:

 

Johnsonville stadium

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.