Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins? 89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      68%
    • Johnson Central
      31%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

CCH has not shown the ability to stop strong running games. They have made a few personnel changes upfront which may help but the loss of hard-hitting safety Dan Gregory is a problem.

 

I agree with those that say it will be a high-scoring game.

 

No clue who will win.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there you go.:ohbrother:

 

Gee, I just had to make your day didn't I? :lol:

From the 2009 playoff game thread:

 

If I can question two of Coach Matney's decisions.....

 

Bringing the qb back in after he got knocked out(literally)

Running a trick play on a 2 pt conversion up 17 with 2 minutes left and CCH with no timeouts left.

 

One was not very smart. The other just simply isn't good for the game.

 

 

I'm not the only one that remembers the latter.

 

When asked what he remembered most about last year’s 51-32 loss at Johnson Central, Wirth replied, “The two-point conversion attempt at the end - that sticks out.”

 

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101106/SPT0302/311040107/

Definitely pulling for the Blueboys vs. the JC Eagles. Go Blue Colonels! I'm sure they will remember the lack of sportsmanship from last year.

Cool, just making sure.

 

In that case, Commander, there is no way JC scores 49 on CC. What the crap where you thinking?:D

 

I don't know Ram I guess that I am crazy.

I don't know Ram I guess that I am crazy.

It happens.:lol:

Ok, after reading the thread and how JC handled themselves against WC I am changing my prediction.

 

TOG makes a good point that Bir is now a Jr in experience at this stage and another poster stated that the CCH off/def lines are huge. I think CCH has an ax to grind with JC and they are much improved. I would expect Bir to go to the air early and often against the weak JC secondary.

 

Cov CAth 35

JC 22

 

Go Blueboys save us Bird Fans a trip to Johnsonville.

Does JC have a secondary that can cover the four receivers that CovCath puts on the field on nearly every down? The passing game should be open and take pressure off the running game.

 

There is no doubt that CovCath will have to do something different on defense. If they don't it will be a long bus ride home. I, for one, would like to see Mr. Schaefer come back and play LB. I would also like to see nine guys in the box. Make them throw the ball.

 

One big difference between this year and the last two seasons. The weather forecast is not calling for sub arctic conditions. A temp in the low 40's will seem down right balmy compared to the last two years. That works in CovCath's favor.

 

Someone mentioned dimming the lights. Is that not the darkest field you've ever seen?

Well we have played both teams and IMO, CovCath is better than JC. Rude is an outstanding RB and although on the small side he is very hard to tackle. The QB is very fast and a good runner. JC is week running up the middle and around the left side. They had all their success running sweeps to the right against Scott. They have no passing game. Defensively they are not very strong. Their DB's looked lost at times and seem to struggle against the pass. A very weak Scott team gave them all they could handle for 2.5 quarters. JC looked very frustrated at times and was even arguing with each other on the field. Don't expect much sportsmanship from the JC players and coaching staff. Lots of extra pushing and hitting going on. I thought there were going to be punches thrown a couple of times last week. During one series alone, JC had 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I believe they had 5 for the game. Also, JC was up 41-13 with under 4 minutes to go in the 4th and they attempted an unsuccessful onside kick. I thought that was pretty classless.

 

JC will be facing a much faster, bigger and deeper team than they faced last week. CovCath should be able to take care of business this week.

 

Five unsportsmanlike penalties equals +75 yards , I think Cov-Cath wouldn't mind adding that to their offensive totals.

 

As far as being intimidated, they won't be. This is a very dangerous Cov-Cath team ,they are getting better and more confident everyday.I won't predict a score ,but if JC thinks they are going to run over CC , it's going to be a very long night for them. If I'm wrong I'll eat the first plate of crow raw!!!

Does JC have a secondary that can cover the four receivers that CovCath puts on the field on nearly every down? The passing game should be open and take pressure off the running game.

 

There is no doubt that CovCath will have to do something different on defense. If they don't it will be a long bus ride home. I, for one, would like to see Mr. Schaefer come back and play LB. I would also like to see nine guys in the box. Make them throw the ball.

 

One big difference between this year and the last two seasons. The weather forecast is not calling for sub arctic conditions. A temp in the low 40's will seem down right balmy compared to the last two years. That works in CovCath's favor.

 

Someone mentioned dimming the lights. Is that not the darkest field you've ever seen?

 

 

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 70.

 

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.

 

So my guess is by game time the temps could still be in the 60's and dropping only into the 50's by the time the game ends!

Can anyone tell us if this game will be broadcast on the internet? Would love to see this game, but can't make the drive down to JC.

After reading all these posts, it sounds like Johnson Central has put quite the target on their back with their unsportsmanlike penalties and decisions to intentionally try to humiliate opponents. What is their coach thinking?

Can anyone tell us if this game will be broadcast on the internet? Would love to see this game, but can't make the drive down to JC.

 

Of course CovCath Internet Radio with Mark Wehry and Greg Spencer will be bringing you the action live from Johnson Central HS. See the link below!

 

Covington Catholic Colonel Varsity Football vs. Johnson Central Golden Eagles - 5A Playoffs, live from Paintsville, KY

 

Note I think the game starts at 7:30 pm but not sure? Anyone?

Edited by Theoldguy

Someone mentioned dimming the lights. Is that not the darkest field you've ever seen?

 

Along with the black jerseys and black under armour sleeves, it DOES make it difficult to pick up who has the ball in their option style offense. Good luck to the crew announcing the game...hope you have "young eyes" for spotters! Go Colonels! (I can't believe I posted THAT! LOL!)

Edited by Birdsfan

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.