A Great Investing Decision

Clyde

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how crazy high this has climbed in the last few months, is it even worth trying to jump on at this point, or is the risk no longer worth it?

It is certainly still worth it.. Some investors and analysts that predicted 10k by the end of 2017 are now predicting 50k by mid 2018. Their reasoning behind it makes a lot of sense honestly. BTC has had to fight the negativity from the banks and investment from the "wall street" folks. It appears that as more and more people are willing to get on board, some of the banking institutions are willing to do so as well.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone that hasn't researched it to put more than some play money in it. I feel like anyone that wants to invest anything more than play money should do their research and have multiple way's to monitor the market. I can certainly attest that BTC can make you some money though. But I will say that you need to monitor it regularly since it's such a volatile market.

Just looked at my investment accounts and man has 2017 been a heck of a year for my retirement. IRA and 401k are up 26% & 19% respectively for the year.

Lots of theories out there regarding the reasoning for the market performance, but I for one don't care. I just want it to keep it up!

• 4 months later...
What type of investments? Are you in stocks?

Yes primarily. I elected the 2050 retirement range when signing up with my 401K so as of now I am in a more aggressive investment strategy and as I get closer to retirement time start backing out of stocks and into more conservative investments.

Yes primarily. I elected the 2050 retirement range when signing up with my 401K so as of now I am in a more aggressive investment strategy and as I get closer to retirement time start backing out of stocks and into more conservative investments.

Our company 401k is all in T Rowe Price stuff. They have one fund that is super aggressive (currently putting about 60% in that one) an the rest split amounts 3 other funds.

My two IRA's are in the year index funds.

Stay heavy in the 2050 but dump a little into the others as well. Small caps are good for you youngsters. Can’t go wrong with large cap either. They may not grow but a lot are dividend companies.

Don't get too conservative too early. We're all living longer and we'll need money.