Williamsburg vs. Lynn Camp

cnc78

This week the annual neighboring county brawl occurs between Lynn Camp and Williamsburg. Williamsburg dominated a tough Campbellsville squad and was physically dominating, especially on defense. Andrew Root at MLB and nose has been leading this unit with hard hitting Cody Perkins, Travis Thomas, and Kevin Hoffman also playing very well. Offensively the Jackets behind Logan Hamlin at QB, and JP Payne at receiver, along side a new found ground game, have been lighting up the scoreboard. Lynn Camp as always is tough and physical. This one is always a war, one where you hide the women and children. Who wins this tough district battle between two schools who have tremendous enmity for one another? If a moderator could put this into a poll format it would be greatly appreciated :cool:

This is always a weird game where about anything can happen. Many times the team that should crush the other goes home a loser. I'll post more on this later, but right now LC is a banged up squad. Let me find out who has the band-aids and where they are before I try to make a prediction.

Not good. Couple of key players up in the air. Black (Starting QB) hurt his knee in the opening offensive series against Clinton Co. Mills, DE/K out right now due to some malady. Waiting on word on these two. A few more banged up, but nothing at the level of the above 2 players.

Not good. Couple of key players up in the air. Black (Starting QB) hurt his knee in the opening offensive series against Clinton Co. Mills, DE/K out right now due to some malady. Waiting on word on these two. A few more banged up, but nothing at the level of the above 2 players.

That doesn't sound good. How many players does LC have right now?

Lynn Camp has players injuried. WOW this is a 1st!!!!!!!!!!!! LC still has a very good team and Coach Mitchell, 1 of the best coaches ever. LC should win this game 28-14.

I was thinking, after the losses that Williamsburg had to graduation, players such as the all time leading passer, and an all state receiver, as well as other key players, that this would have been a re-building year for the Jackets. However, they are poised to win their third district title in 4 years. I think that this is a testament to what a marvelous job Jerry Herron and his staff of Mike Abbot, Vaughn Hatcher, David Root, Chad Price, Troy Thomas, Matt Jones, and Will Renfro have done. Personally I think Coach Herron may be one of the most under rated coaches in SE KY. He really gets those kids to buy in to wearing the orange and taking pride in Williamsburg football. As to the game friday, Williamsburg is on a roll. They have been more physical on defense than I have seen in at least 4 years. Root and Perkins have been smashing ball carriers and quarterbacks like their lives depend on it. Logan Hamlin has taken the bull by the horns and flourished at QB. JP Payne should be all state at receiver and is making plays like a demon. The two headed beast of Hoffman and Thomas have made this a very balanced attack. I know Campers will disagree but I think Williamsburg will be more physical again this year and will win the District title outright with a 32 - 12 victory.

Well said, I agree 100% the coaching staff at Williamsburg is wonderful, and I really think the players play like their motto this year, One Family One Goal!!! Let's go Jackets I see another District Title coming your way

I was thinking, after the losses that Williamsburg had to graduation, players such as the all time leading passer, and an all state receiver, as well as other key players, that this would have been a re-building year for the Jackets. However, they are poised to win their third district title in 4 years. I think that this is a testament to what a marvelous job Jerry Herron and his staff of Mike Abbot, Vaughn Hatcher, David Root, Chad Price, Troy Thomas, Matt Jones, and Will Renfro have done. Personally I think Coach Herron may be one of the most under rated coaches in SE KY. He really gets those kids to buy in to wearing the orange and taking pride in Williamsburg football. As to the game friday, Williamsburg is on a roll. They have been more physical on defense than I have seen in at least 4 years. Root and Perkins have been smashing ball carriers and quarterbacks like their lives depend on it. Logan Hamlin has taken the bull by the horns and flourished at QB. JP Payne should be all state at receiver and is making plays like a demon. The two headed beast of Hoffman and Thomas have made this a very balanced attack. I know Campers will disagree but I think Williamsburg will be more physical again this year and will win the District title outright with a 32 - 12 victory.

I know what you are implying ff. PM me and I will give you the details on what I know about the injuries. No sandbagging with the two kids. LC has about 27 kids out right now, not counting the two injured kids. Have to agree with the above. LC has to show they are more physical than what I have seen this year before I will say they can win the battle of the trenches against WHS friday. Mitchell can get the best out of his kids, but sometimes the best you can get is only part of what a player can be. This group has a weird mindset sometimes. Mental toughness needs to be there for 4 qtrs.....