With X scoring with 18 seconds left to beat Male is it time to...

theguru

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only reason I would say no at this point is that, according to the LCJ St. X's top two rushers are out due to either injury or team disciplinary action. Perhaps if these guys come back at full strength St. X will get in gear. It does sound like T may be pulling way far ahead, though.

Following up with what fatsnbul wrote, there have been years (2005 being one of them) when most everyone felt St. X was quite a bit better than T, and yet T walked away with the trophy in the end. However, I can't seem to recall a recent year when T was thought to have the better squad and St. X beat them...

I will say this. Trinity is hungry and will remember the disrespect shown in the state title game with a fake field goal being called followed by the bow on the field towards the Trinity side immediately after that touchdown...Trinity's defense also is improving each and every week.

Edited by mcpapa

Anyone who is counting the Tigers out of contention for the 6A Championship is simply crazy! They may be struggling right now, but they will eventually have their missing players back, and no one should eschew Glaser because he does produce results. The giant is napping but will be back in the mix. Two weeks from now, I feel we'll have a better idea of the future of this season for the Tigers. Right now, I don't think you can count them out. And to be perfectly candid, the Rocks have a lot of work to do to get to Bowling Green in December. They can't afford to discount the Tigers and they won't.

I will say this. Trinity is hungry and will remember the disrespect shown in the state title game with a fake field goal being called followed by the bow on the field towards the trinity side immediately after that touchdown...trinity's defense also is improving each and every week.

Let's not discuss disrespect. I could go on and on but because St X fans have more respect than that, we won't bring anything up. St X had alot of players out last night and were still able to come out with a win. Hopefully Jay Hayden will be back in 2 weeks - we may need him against the best team ever at Trinity.

declare Trinity the 6A state champs?

Would you agree Trinity appears to be far ahead of X at this point?

A. Trinity is ahead at this point in time.

B. I'm pretty sure that Simon Kenton has already been anointed as 6A champs.:notworthy:

Anyone who is counting the Tigers out of contention for the 6A Championship is simply crazy! They may be struggling right now, but they will eventually have their missing players back, and no one should eschew Glaser because he does produce results. The giant is napping but will be back in the mix. Two weeks from now, I feel we'll have a better idea of the future of this season for the Tigers. Right now, I don't think you can count them out. And to be perfectly candid, the Rocks have a lot of work to do to get to Bowling Green in December. They can't afford to discount the Tigers and they won't.

I'm not sure I can agree on this! I think if you go back the past 5-6 years and look at the OVERALL talent on the team and in-season rankings/results, STX has had the advantage EVERY year yet could only win the title last year when Trinity just was nowhere close to them in talent level. I agree with the comment above that Trinity fans should hope that Glaser has many years left at X.