With X scoring with 18 seconds left to beat Male is it time to...

theguru

My only real assessment of the current goings on of St. Xavier and its staff, is that of a "dis-like" of how we returned to being a force in KY HS football. Glaser has had his ups and downs, X's fortunes going along with him. That said, Trinity was on the verge of becoming an afterthought in regards to football superiority. We answered by conducting a national search, and landing our man on the second attempt. Now, I can't really speak for Glaser. But, as an outside observer, I have developed the mindset that Glaser is not very fond at how we exactly went about returning to greatness. All the while, the Xaverians were the "fall-guy" to our successes. It is my opinion, that this practice, has made Coach Glaser a little bitter towards whatever success we achieve. Almost as if we didn't earn it, by not keeping everything "in-house" per se. While my perception may be completely off base in theory, I think it leans towards some credibility in that Glaser's actions and behaviors towards "the game", have certainly changed. In particular, when things are clearly in the Tigers' favor.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My only real assessment of the current goings on of St. Xavier and its staff, is that of a "dis-like" of how we returned to being a force in KY HS football. Glaser has had his ups and downs, X's fortunes going along with him. That said, Trinity was on the verge of becoming an afterthought in regards to football superiority. We answered by conducting a national search, and landing our man on the second attempt. Now, I can't really speak for Glaser. But, as an outside observer, I have developed the mindset that Glaser is not very fond at how we exactly went about returning to greatness. All the while, the Xaverians were the "fall-guy" to our successes. It is my opinion, that this practice, has made Coach Glaser a little bitter towards whatever success we achieve. Almost as if we didn't earn it, by not keeping everything "in-house" per se. While my perception may be completely off base in theory, I think it leans towards some credibility in that Glaser's actions and behaviors towards "the game", have certainly changed. In particular, when things are clearly in the Tigers' favor.

Mike Glaser has always had a deep in the gut hatred for Trinity. I can remember comments he made about Trinity back in the 80's that were anything but what you would say about a respected rival. When Coach Lampley stepped down as coach in 1994 I think he thought he could push St X to the top of the Louisville football world. For a few years in the late 90's he did it. Since then, not so much and I think it just intensifies his hatred to the point where he does things that no educator should do. The funny thing is that St X has spent very little time as Louisville's top program. Way back it was Male and Manual. When Flaget came along in the 40s, 50s and 60s, they trailed Flaget, Male and sometimes Manual. Since Trinity emerged as a state power in 1968 they have trailed Trinity most of the time. From an historical perspective, No2 is pretty good for them.

When exactly was Trinity "down?" What years did this occur?

When exactly was Trinity "down?" What years did this occur?

Down is a relative term. From Trinity's first state title in 1968 to 1998, every class to graduate from Trinity won a state football title during their four years of high school. The classes of 99, 00 and 01 did not win a title. For Trinity, that is down. Prior to that period Trinity's longest title drought was 3 years. Ther was a six year drought from 95 to 00. Some may not consider it much of a gap, but at Trinity, it was a long time. By the way, they were runner-up twice in that period.

Down is a relative term. From Trinity's first state title in 1968 to 1998, every class to graduate from Trinity won a state football title during their four years of high school. The classes of 99, 00 and 01 did not win a title. For Trinity, that is down. Prior to that period Trinity's longest title drought was 3 years. Ther was a six year drought from 95 to 00. Some may not consider it much of a gap, but at Trinity, it was a long time. By the way, they were runner-up twice in that period.

I remember that. I was there. :cry:

A loss in the title game my freshman year and senior year. While symmetry is nice, that was no fun.