With X scoring with 18 seconds left to beat Male is it time to...

theguru

I was under the impression that X went into last year as the favorite as T had lost many starters from the 2008 team? Do I have my years confused?

No, your problem is taking any of what Alan says seriously. If you look at things from Alan's perspective Trinity was the favorite in the 2005 title game after getting shellacked 48-16 in the regular season game, and we would like be be the favorite this year to win the Super Bowl if we were allowed to play up a little bit.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim,

This is the greatest of all Trinity teams only to be surpassed by next year's team.

Seriously, do you really think this Trinity team is better than the 1988 Trinity team or the 2002 Trinity team? Based on what? I recall Trinity beating Elder by several scores on a neutral field back in 2002, and that Elder team won the rest of their games that year and was the Ohio D-I champ. Also, Trinity beat an outstanding (and nationally ranked at the time) Male team in the title game; that Male team (which won all the rest of their games that season) was arguably the best KY team not to win a title. 2002 Trinity had quite a resume. I'm not exactly sure what you could point to this year that would surpass T's accomplishments in 2002.

Given this team has a bunch of sophomores on it, perhaps the debate about T's best team of all time should be put on hold and re-visited in 2012 (unless the Mayan calendar is right and we're all dead by then! :cry:).

I guess we all look at teams differently. In my mind the best Trinity team of all, at least prior to the All-Time Greatest this season (soon to be surpassed next season and again the season thereafter) was the one who took the field in 1984 (Carwell and Donnie Gardener, Mike Phiefer, Andy Murray, and many more). :cool:

I guess we all look at teams differently. In my mind the best Trinity team of all, at least prior to the All-Time Greatest this season (soon to be surpassed next season and again the season thereafter) was the one who took the field in 1984 (Carwell and Donnie Gardener, Mike Phiefer, Andy Murray, and many more). :cool:

Agreed.

I really feel sorry for all the XMen posting here that seem to have to live vicarioulsy through the accomplishments of Trinity. Then again I guess they are used to having better teams underachieve (how many "better" teams lost to Trinity in the playoffs recently?) so they have to look somewhere for satisfaction since their own team let them down so many times.:cool:

Seriously, do you really think this Trinity team is better than the 1988 Trinity team or the 2002 Trinity team? Based on what? I recall Trinity beating Elder by several scores on a neutral field back in 2002, and that Elder team won the rest of their games that year and was the Ohio D-I champ. Also, Trinity beat an outstanding (and nationally ranked at the time) Male team in the title game; that Male team (which won all the rest of their games that season) was arguably the best KY team not to win a title. 2002 Trinity had quite a resume. I'm not exactly sure what you could point to this year that would surpass T's accomplishments in 2002.

Given this team has a bunch of sophomores on it, perhaps the debate about T's best team of all time should be put on hold and re-visited in 2012 (unless the Mayan calendar is right and we're all dead by then! :cry:).

In all seriousness I repeat This is the greatest Trinity football team ever, only to be surpassed by next year's team!!!!

:notworthy:

Sorry, but I saw that team. They weren't even close to our best team ever. First, unlike in Mike World, in order to be the best, you have to get it done on the field. That team didn't get it done on the field, so they can't be the best. Second, that team had a lot of trouble scoring, so even if they had won the title, I wouldn't consider them our best team ever.

In all seriousness I repeat This is the greatest Trinity football team ever, only to be surpassed by next year's team!!!!

:notworthy:

I thought these threads were for fans to give reasonable input and ask questions? Alan60, your just wasting everybody's time with your sarcastic posts.

Possibly you could take your expertise of the high school football scene and help the X coaching staff with the boys so that they won't continue to struggle so mightly with their competition each week?

I thought these threads were for fans to give reasonable input and ask questions? Alan60, your just waisting everybody's time with your sarcastic posts.

Possibly you could take your expertise of the high school football scene and help the X coaching staff with the boys so that they won't continue to struggle so mightly with their competition each week?

Back to the thread topic, I believe I have answered Guru's question. What is your response to the topic at hand? I would be interested in what you have to add to this thread.

Back to the thread topic, I believe I have answered Guru's question. What is your response to the topic at hand? I would be interested in what you have to add to this thread.

Gladly! I would say Trinity looks to have the upper hand at this time! Although X has the players to make it interesting during the regular season rivalry game, I think that Trinity, barring injury, should prevail if they meet in the playoffs.

As I mentioned earlier and X fans don't want to hear, X has to have a clear advantage in talent(especially being dominant on the line) to win this game with the unimaginative schemes that Glaser uses and that doesn't appear to be the case at this point in the season.

Things can always change with the injury bug.

It is beyond me what posters' here aren't seeing. Trinity is light years ahead of other 6A teams this season. Just look at scores of games played both regular season and scrimmage and the competition played. This team has self declared great coaching staff, self declared great talent, and now most experienced team against top competition of all schools in 6A. You can't hide under a rock anymore. You are number one in all the polls. Am I missing something here? Please enlighten me.

Sorry, but I saw that team. They weren't even close to our best team ever. First, unlike in Mike World, in order to be the best, you have to get it done on the field. That team didn't get it done on the field, so they can't be the best. Second, that team had a lot of trouble scoring, so even if they had won the title, I wouldn't consider them our best team ever.

You have your opinion and I have mine, and never the twain shall meet. :D

I guess I should have qualified that by saying "most talented of All-Time", since they didn't get the title. :lol:

I don't know if I'd say far ahead. I saw Trinity play Manual and X play Male. I think Manual is heavily overrated and they were able to run the ball on Trinity between the 20s. They made a ton of mistakes, otherwise the score would have been closer. St X will move the ball and score points on Trinity, especially if their backs are at full strength. This will shorten the game for them and reduce the number of possessions. I don't see X's defense giving up the easy, long TD's like Manual did, either. I'd say Trinity is a 2 TD favorite, which is not prohibitively far in my book.

It is beyond me what posters' here aren't seeing. Trinity is light years ahead of other 6A teams this season. Just look at scores of games played both regular season and scrimmage and the competition played. This team has self declared great coaching staff, self declared great talent, and now most experienced team against top competition of all schools in 6A. You can't hide under a rock anymore. You are number one in all the polls. Am I missing something here? Please enlighten me.

X fans can say what they want but deep down they know they would trade us coaches in a heartbeat!

Both in his play calling and sportsmanship, Beatty has proven to have the upper hand in both over the past ten years and deep down all the X people know that. Now whether they want to admit it is another thing!