Beechwood Vs LCA

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LCA has been preparing for this game all year..They knew there district was weak, so they beefed up there schedule with Lex Cath, Desales, Corbin and CAL..yes, they were blown out by Lex Cath, but, so would Beechwood if they played them, imo.

The Desales win was impressive and they dominated CAL right after Lville HCross barely escaped CAL a week before..

IMO, they've got equal talent, but, lack the tradition and big game experience, which may or may not be a factor, but, at least has homefield advantage and have seen teams of equal or greater talent throughout the year, so I don't think they'll be intimidated..

I've been picking LCA to make it to the Carpet for most of the season, so, i'm going to stick with 'em, right or wrong.....LCA 27 Beechwood 21

I think LCA has been preparing for this game all year..

All the pressure of gearing your entire season on ONE game, One team. If just a couple of things go wrong everything COULD go down hill from there.

IMO, they've got equal talent, but, lack the tradition and big game experience,

Again, all the pressure, and lacking "BIG GAME Experience," which Beechwood has had plenty of BIG GAME Experiences, to them it's just another playoff game.

As stated before, one thing Beechwood always has going for them is Tradition. No matter how far behind Beechwood may be, they ALWAYS think they are in the game and that they can come back and win (like in the Bellevue game).

If things go wrong for Beechwood they do not panic, they will find a way back. Not so true about other teams, when things go wrong for them and things are clicking for Beechwood, the other team sees a Tradition program on yet another mission, and they panic, or see their hopes fading, yet again.

***LCA cannot make a mistake and have Beechwood capitalize on it. Beechwood always looks to capitalize on your mistakes, This could be bad news and a lot of pressure for LCA.

***One thing in favor of LCA is, they have nothing to lose, everything to gain. That could be dangerous for Beechwood.

As stated before, one thing Beechwood always has going for them is Tradition. No matter how far behind Beechwood may be, they ALWAYS think they are in the game and that they can come back and win (like in the Bellevue game).

If things go wrong for Beechwood they do not panic, they will find a way back. Not so true about other teams, when things go wrong for them and things are clicking for Beechwood, the other team sees a Tradition program on yet another mission, and they panic, or see their hopes fading, yet again.

***LCA cannot make a mistake and have Beechwood capitalize on it. Beechwood always looks to capitalize on your mistakes, This could be bad news and a lot of pressure for LCA.

***One thing in favor of LCA is, they have nothing to lose, everything to gain. That could be dangerous for Beechwood.

In a way I agree with you and then I don't expect for the last part. LCA does have something to lose. Beat one of the best Class A programs in the state and go farther and they have ever been. If Beechwood doesn't come out to play I will be surprised since it is playoff time. This could be very dangerous for LCA.

Again, all the pressure, and lacking "BIG GAME Experience," which Beechwood has had plenty of BIG GAME Experiences, to them it's just another playoff game.
Good point. In their only other experience with a "big game" atmosphere, LCA was embarrassed. Granted, LexCath is a very talented team, more so than Beechwood, but it's my understanding that LCA did nothing to stop or even lessen the bleeding. If things go bad early against Beechwood, will LCA have another meltdown?

LCA had problems with Paris throughout the first half. With less than four minutes remaining in the half, LCA only led Paris 21-13. The Eagles then came out pumped up in the second half and ended up blowing the Greyhounds away but not in a very impressive fashion. I've seen Newport Catholic, a team in which Beechwood beat. I've seen LCA as well as Beechwood and I know a lot about Region III District VI in Class A. Trust me, Fairview teams of the past two years and Paris' team of 2001 (all whom were outsed by Beechwood) were a lot better than this LCA team this season. Don't get me wrong, LCA is a very talented team, but so was Fairview and Paris and we saw the results. Northern Kentucky football is a step above any team in this district and it'll be proven again Friday night.

Beechwood rolls 45-22! :thumb:

LCA had problems with Paris throughout the first half. With less than four minutes remaining in the half, LCA only led Paris 21-13. The Eagles then came out pumped up in the second half and ended up blowing the Greyhounds away but not in a very impressive fashion. I've seen Newport Catholic, a team in which Beechwood beat. I've seen LCA as well as Beechwood and I know a lot about Region III District VI in Class A. Trust me, Fairview teams of the past two years and Paris' team of 2001 (all whom were outsed by Beechwood) were a lot better than this LCA team this season. Don't get me wrong, LCA is a very talented team, but so was Fairview and Paris and we saw the results. Northern Kentucky football is a step above any team in this district and it'll be proven again Friday night.

Beechwood rolls 45-22! :thumb:

I would disagree with your statement. I guess that DeSales (#4 in 2A) must not have showed up. Neither did Corbin or CAL. Seems to me that LCA has beat some good programs this year. Yet the Fairview teams of the past two years are better than this year's LCA team????

Also, check your info. NCC beat Fairview last year, not Beechwood.

LCA over Beechwood in a VERY good game...

LCA 34 - Beechwood 28

I believe the LCA passing attack along with their multi-talented running game will prevail and be a huge WIN for the young and growing LCA program that Rains and his Staff are putting together.

LCA's defense has proven to be able to handle the running game this year and Krueger (QB) has a lot of confidence this year (won the MVP in the State Baseball Championship).

I gotta one up ya EagleEye. According to Bluto the kicker is only good from 3 yards in, and with LCA's talented running game, I don't see them having to settle for 2 field goals inside the 3. So Im going with:

LCA 35

Beechwood 28

This is gonna be a great game, and I think its LCA's time to make a statement. GO EAGLES!!!