Beechwood Vs LCA

I was not saying that the rivalry was any where close to the Mich-OSU rivalry. I would never say that any rivalry compares to this rivalry. Just trying to compare the rivalry that exists between the two teams.
It sure read that way to me. How else are we supposed to interpret the following statement?

"This game is a lot like the rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State."

And I mentioned Bellevue because they beat Beechwood this year and have gained very little respect. So I just see the ball rolling to, if LCA beats Beechwood, there will be little respect. May not be the case.
Bellevue and LCA are both ranked in virtually every Class A poll ... I would say they're getting respect. Just because some people don't think LCA is ready to beat a powerhouse like Beechwood isn't a sign of disrespect.

I did not say that Corbin was a powerhouse this year. I said that they were a perennial powerhouse. In other words, they have tradition. Last I checked DeSales has two losses and one of those was to LCA. And both of these teams are still in the playoffs. One will be gone after this week, since they play each other. These teams were scheduled a year or two ago when they had better records. How is the coaching staff supposed to know that a usually strong team is going to have a down year?
Corbin is a failrly good 2A program. DeSales has a nice team this year, but they were 5-6 just two years ago. Scheduling them was clearly an upgrade for LCA, and they deserve credit for that, but let's not build those opponents up to be more than they are.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCA had problems with Paris throughout the first half. With less than four minutes remaining in the half, LCA only led Paris 21-13. The Eagles then came out pumped up in the second half and ended up blowing the Greyhounds away but not in a very impressive fashion. I've seen Newport Catholic, a team in which Beechwood beat. I've seen LCA as well as Beechwood and I know a lot about Region III District VI in Class A. Trust me, Fairview teams of the past two years and Paris' team of 2001 (all whom were outsed by Beechwood) were a lot better than this LCA team this season. Don't get me wrong, LCA is a very talented team, but so was Fairview and Paris and we saw the results. Northern Kentucky football is a step above any team in this district and it'll be proven again Friday night.

Beechwood rolls 45-22! :thumb:

I think you are correct in your observations!! Of course my opinion has little to no value!!

Just so we're clear Gus, that was a scrimmage, right?

Yes it was...but what I was referring too was LCA jumped out early on South. I understand it was a scrimmage and all....

I am saying that LCA must come have a fast start in order to win the game.

Before I give my prediction I have a question for Beechwood supporters, since I have not seen them play.

Last year Menetrey was making plays all over the place. As I recall, Menetrey was the MVP of the championship game. Would you say Sawyer is as good as Menetrey was? (Those would be hard shoes to fill)

Before I give my prediction I have a question for Beechwood supporters, since I have not seen them play.

Last year Menetrey was making plays all over the place. As I recall, Menetrey was the MVP of the championship game. Would you say Sawyer is as good as Menetrey was? (Those would be hard shoes to fill)

Not even remotely close. That is not a knock on Sawyer....Menetry was just that much better.

I have followed Beechwood for a long time and in opinion they lack a true leader like Menetry and others in the past.Again not a knock on this group just an observation.

This team could go down this Friday or win it all neither would surprise me.

My gut tells me Yeagle and the Tigers roll in this one BUT.........

If I remember correctly a very good Hazard team also tried this on Beechwood in the playoffs and it did not get them anywhere.

It almost got them a game winning touchdown, '89. They only did it on the final drive; Anthony Sharpey was the QB-what an athlete.

Bluto,

Do you have enough G2 on Beechwood yet to predict an outcome?

"You mind if we dance wif yo' dates?"