• Bobby Jindal
    • Mitt Romney
    • Sarah Palin
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • David Petraeus
    • Other
    • I vote Democrat, but wanted to vote anyway.

I would probably agree with that sentiment. However Jeb's last name, coupled with the events of the 2000 Florida election would probably cost him too much in the public eye. While I don't think there was anything wrong with any of Jeb Bush's actions in those months, the whole eye test fails to the uninformed electorate. It would be an albatross too great to overcome.

You are probably right HATZ, but who would have thought many years ago that a fellow with no experience at all would rise to the top of the Democratic Party in short order and be our current President. These are strange days indeed.

Just think, had Hillary won it would have been Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton, and then maybe Bush again with Jeb. Then in 2016 we would have to vote for Chelsea, then Jenna, then....well you get the point.

Just think, had Hillary won it would have been Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton, and then maybe Bush again with Jeb. Then in 2016 we would have to vote for Chelsea, then Jenna, then....well you get the point.

Even more so than that, there was a Bush or Clinton in the White House from 1980-2008 when you count George H.W. Bush's eight years as VP to Reagan.

Though I'm not as well-read on Jeb as I'd like to be, from what little I do understand, he's a little more center politically than Dad or Dubya. I believe he is against the Arizona immigration law that just about every conservative supports. I believe if he ran in 2012, he would coast to the Republican nomination. How he would fare in the general is another story, as FC & Hatz have stated. But if things in the economy are the same or even worse, Jeb would have a legitimate shot regardless of his last name. Other candidates, such as Newt & Palin, have no chance regardless of what happens, IMO.