Terrence Jones Is A Cat

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After he first announced to UW, and waited to the last minute to make his choice, I didn't like our chances either.

While I agree, how would you have liked to be a UW fan? He announces that he's going there yet never signed. He could have ended this a long time ago by signing there. UK always seemed to have a good chance.

GT after next years class if it stays the same or gets better how good of a 3 year recruiting cycle is Cal on historically? I know nothing is equal to it, but who is the closest?

Just because you land the top recruits from what websites say, doesn't mean that they'll end up being the top recruits, IMO.

So just get the ones that are not the top recruits. :jump: If this was UL's class you would be going nuts. :lol:

Should make the Maui Invitational interesting with both UK and WASH as participants.

I would also think that they will be placed in the same region in the NCAA tourney. You know how the selection committee likes all the little side drama's to promote the games.

WOW. I will never doubt my source anymore. I thought there was no way Jones was going to come to UK. Simply amazing.

Not only did you say you were told that he was coming, but that he'd sign financial aid papers. Exactly what happened!!

My goodness, hilarious....how many times can a team depend on freshman to get them to the promised land? While UK's team this past season was very good, they got pantsed by the best team they played. Had they played tougher competition maybe their record would've suffered, but they could've turned out better overall. Having a slew of freshman phenoms is fun, but it doesn't win titles.

You don't have to win the title or get to the "promised land", wherever that may be, to have a great season. We should just enjoy the ride and appreciate the watching great talent and good basketball.

Just because you land the top recruits from what websites say, doesn't mean that they'll end up being the top recruits, IMO.

UK didn't have more talent than just about anyone last year? They lost 3 games. Sure they didn't win the title, but one bad game knocks you out of the tourney. The best team does not always win the tourney. I'm not saying UK had the best team, but they had to be in the discussion. Talk about sour grapes.:idunno:

Heres an ESPN article on Jones. He says he has no regrets picking Washington the first time. http://espn.go.com/blog/CollegeBasketballNation/post/_/id/11644/terrence-jones-not-regretting-news-conference

I just hope he ultimately made the decision he wanted to make. Kids are often pressured to make decisions before they are ready. I thought his tweet was kind of funny.