May 20, 201016 yr Loved watching the kid play, and he's very versatile for his size. I've said all along he is the PERFECT 4 for the DDM and could easily play the 3 in any situation needed. No doubt a huge get for UK to close out the signing period... So you're saying they're going to actually play the DDM next season?
May 20, 201016 yr That is certainly true, but if the NBA draft projections are true last year's class probably turned out that way. I guess time will tell.
May 20, 201016 yr Loved watching the kid play, and he's very versatile for his size. I've said all along he is the PERFECT 4 for the DDM and could easily play the 3 in any situation needed. No doubt a huge get for UK to close out the signing period... We should see a ton more than last year. Don't need to run it with the bigs they had.
May 20, 201016 yr Are you saying he has the potential to be as good as Carmelo? Do you think that this years class is a better all around class than last year? He has a lot of the same skills as Carmelo at that age. Being that good down the road is on how hard he works, but I don't think that will be an issue at all from what I know of the kid. If I was grading the two classes side by side I would have to take 09 just because of how dynamic Wall was, and I don't see that in this class. Top to bottom though, the 10 class is right up there with them...
May 20, 201016 yr Just because you land the top recruits from what websites say, doesn't mean that they'll end up being the top recruits, IMO.Don't mix the best coach with the best recruiter. Cal has proven time and time again he can get the best talent in the land. Now Coach K has proven he can take whatever talent he get and cut down the nets. That is the title of best coach :thumb:
May 20, 201016 yr We should see a ton more than last year. Don't need to run it with the bigs they had. It would have been silly to run it as a primary set last year because it didn't play to the talent on the roster. Totally different story with this group, at least on paper...
May 20, 201016 yr My goodness, hilarious....how many times can a team depend on freshman to get them to the promised land? While UK's team this past season was very good, they got pantsed by the best team they played. Had they played tougher competition maybe their record would've suffered, but they could've turned out better overall. Having a slew of freshman phenoms is fun, but it doesn't win titles. I find it hilarious that you found anywhere in my post that UK was going to win the championship next year? I asked GT a simple question about Terrence Jones.
May 20, 201016 yr Well he's gotten the top classes for back to back seasons, I'd say doing that increases UK's chances at a championship every time.
May 20, 201016 yr NO way UK loses 5 guys to the NBA again off of the upcoming roster. Put the guys that stay with the 2011 guys, and you can start talking about a championship. I look for UK to cut down the nets in 2012. Cal has got this ship headed in the right direction, and it feels great. Just what the doctor ordered. TJones was a tremendous get. Glad this worked itself out. I hope The Deuce weighs in, I love that guy.
May 20, 201016 yr My goodness, hilarious....how many times can a team depend on freshman to get them to the promised land? While UK's team this past season was very good, they got pantsed by the best team they played. Had they played tougher competition maybe their record would've suffered, but they could've turned out better overall. Having a slew of freshman phenoms is fun, but it doesn't win titles. Calipari is bringing in top talent, which is excellent. The key is getting the top talent and having some kids that are 3 and 4 year players mixed with the 1 and dones. Obviously no one expected Orton and Bledsoe to leave early. Once Calipari gets the right mix of experienced good players with the John Walls, and Gilchrists, then UK can be scary. People have to give Calipari 3 or 4 years to get the program to where he wants it.
May 20, 201016 yr It would have been silly to run it as a primary set last year because it didn't play to the talent on the roster. Totally different story with this group, at least on paper... Yet so many complained about not seeing it last year, only UK fans would be disappointed in not seeing an offensive system implemented that they had looked forward to seeing; most of whom knew nothing about it.
May 20, 201016 yr My goodness, hilarious....how many times can a team depend on freshman to get them to the promised land? While UK's team this past season was very good, they got pantsed by the best team they played. Had they played tougher competition maybe their record would've suffered, but they could've turned out better overall. Having a slew of freshman phenoms is fun, but it doesn't win titles. RP, I am not sure why, but it seems like you are trying to take away from a very happy night for UK fans. This is a celebratory thread, and I'm not sure what your motive is here? Can't you just be happy for the UK fans? Cal has been here for one year, let's give the guy a chance to get his foundation built before we start the premature critique. Let's reserve judgment for his body of work at UK, not just a small sample.
May 20, 201016 yr NO way UK loses 5 guys to the NBA again off of the upcoming roster. Put the guys that stay with the 2011 guys, and you can start talking about a championship. I look for UK to cut down the nets in 2012. Cal has got this ship headed in the right direction, and it feels great. Just what the doctor ordered. TJones was a tremendous get. Glad this worked itself out. I hope The Deuce weighs in, I love that guy. Hope you mean spring of 2012, seeing as how the world is supposed to end in December 2012.:lol:
May 20, 201016 yr Once Calipari gets the right mix of experienced good players with the John Walls, and Gilchrists, then UK can be scary. People have to give Calipari 3 or 4 years to get the program to where he wants it. That's really the key. People quickly forget just how awful UK would have been this past season had Calipari not brought in an amazing recruiting class. Once he puts his pieces together, UK will be a contender. Right now, I see this team as Sweet 16. Still not there, but by no fault of Cal.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.