Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jonathan Ferguson

Featured Replies

I doubt that I am his favorite poster, but I've actually met Dale.

 

You can't reveal the offers you say he had a year ago?

 

Read post #178....you didn't answer my pm either.

  • Replies 260
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much talk...no action.

 

Lot's of people like to talk and brag about what is going on and then if nothing happen's they look like fool's. There are some who wait until they have the prize in hand, and then they do their talkin. That is exactly how Jonathan's dad is. When he signs at one of the four school's that is dealing with him right now, then the info will be posted.

Lot's of people like to talk and brag about what is going on and then if nothing happen's they look like fool's. There are some who wait until they have the prize in hand, and then they do their talkin. That is exactly how Jonathan's dad is. When he signs at one of the four school's that is dealing with him right now, then the info will be posted.

So, who is signing? Jonathan or his dad? Can't seem to separate the two.

Hey let's not start Dale bashing again, if any of you have ever spoken or had a real conversation with him you would realize he is one of the finiest people you could meet. Dale really gets a rap that is not deserved!

Has anyone stopped to consider that folks are interested in the kid? Not interested in all the junk attached in each post about the dad. I watched him play in high school and and would like to see him play in college perhaps. I wish him luck where ever he ends up. Problem is that you can't get thru a thread without it morphing into a thread about the dad. Now I wonder why that is??

Has anyone stopped to consider that folks are interested in the kid? Not interested in all the junk attached in each post about the dad. I watched him play in high school and and would like to see him play in college perhaps. I wish him luck where ever he ends up. Problem is that you can't get thru a thread without it morphing into a thread about the dad. Now I wonder why that is??

 

Since you are new, you weren't around when Elliott County with Ferguson and company was rolling over people. And welcome to BGP by the way.

 

To answer your question, Dale was very vocal on here when his son was playing at Elliott County and that is why people are always wondering about him.

Read post #178....you didn't answer my pm either.
You didn't send me one ...
Lot's of people like to talk and brag about what is going on and then if nothing happen's they look like fool's. There are some who wait until they have the prize in hand, and then they do their talkin. That is exactly how Jonathan's dad is. When he signs at one of the four school's that is dealing with him right now, then the info will be posted.

 

I get where you are coming from kgsob, it is just that this thread has been going on for three months, and that is not Jonathan or his family's fault, but I feel like we are deciding if Brett Farve is coming back to play. It really isn't that big of a deal. I don't think the choices are UK, Duke , UNC and Florida.

Edited by History
Can't spell Duke

Since you are new, you weren't around when Elliott County with Ferguson and company was rolling over people. And welcome to BGP by the way.

 

To answer your question, Dale was very vocal on here when his son was playing at Elliott County and that is why people are always wondering about him.

Actually I let my subscription expire. I've been reborn. I was here for the whole shebang. Yet not much since his graduation has changed. I was hoping he'd attend NKU so I might see him play some.

Jon is weighing his options right now; he is taking two visits this week, he made one visit last week and he'll be taking one more visit soon. He has a list of 4: one NCAA D1 school in the Atlantic 10, two NCAA DII schools and an NAIA school.

 

I know who they all are, but I'm friends with the coaching staffs at all four schools and not willing to interfere publicly until a decision is made.

 

This has been going on for a long while, but let's face it - a kid is trying to decide his future and there's no reason for him to jump right in without weighing all options. This isn't about Dale at all and I agree that he is passionate but greatly misunderstood.

 

This thread is over 4 pages long and growing mostly because of bickering and bantering about crazy stuff, not genuine interest in Jon Ferguson's basketball career. I, for one, am ecstatic when any kid has an opportunity to play college basketball - particularly Kentucky kids. We should all rally around kids like that and lose our high school rivalries. JMO...

Actually I let my subscription expire. I've been reborn. I was here for the whole shebang. Yet not much since his graduation has changed. I was hoping he'd attend NKU so I might see him play some.

 

Then you should know why everyone spends so much time and energy asking about Dale. After all, he is one of the few people I have ever seen on BGP whose handle on here was their own name.

 

I agree with Wireman's comment above - let's focus on Jonathon and hope he finds the place where he can best be successful in basketball and life after basketball.

Jon is weighing his options right now; he is taking two visits this week, he made one visit last week and he'll be taking one more visit soon. He has a list of 4: one NCAA D1 school in the Atlantic 10, two NCAA DII schools and an NAIA school.

 

I know who they all are, but I'm friends with the coaching staffs at all four schools and not willing to interfere publicly until a decision is made.

 

This has been going on for a long while, but let's face it - a kid is trying to decide his future and there's no reason for him to jump right in without weighing all options. This isn't about Dale at all and I agree that he is passionate but greatly misunderstood.

 

This thread is over 4 pages long and growing mostly because of bickering and bantering about crazy stuff, not genuine interest in Jon Ferguson's basketball career. I, for one, am ecstatic when any kid has an opportunity to play college basketball - particularly Kentucky kids. We should all rally around kids like that and lose our high school rivalries. JMO...

 

Yep. Good post Wireman.

Then you should know why everyone spends so much time and energy asking about Dale. After all, he is one of the few people I have ever seen on BGP whose handle on here was their own name.

 

I agree with Wireman's comment above - let's focus on Jonathon and hope he finds the place where he can best be successful in basketball and life after basketball.

I agree with all of that. No one has recently said anything to the contrary. It's the other junk on here that makes this topic difficult to follow with any hope of clarity on the young man's future.
Read post #178....you didn't answer my pm either.

 

I don't see how any of what you wrote in post 178 would preclude you from telling us what offers he had more than two years ago (offers that are no longer valid). We're not asking who the current candidates are; just the ones who offered in 2008/09 that are no longer in the mix. Why does that have to be state secrets?

The more I think about it, the more I hope for ferg's sake he chooses one that lives up to the hype. Good luck young man

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.