May 7, 201016 yr The only difference, Shelby Valley didn't have the attention of the national media. If the Elliott County story didn't run in the national news would they have been as big of a story? Unfortunately I say no. I do not in any way, shape, or form discredit anything that they accomplished in High School. And they were an incredible team. Shelby Valley had a better run, with less publicity. :thumb::thumb: Very true! They were both extremely fun to watch and root for, but I have to give Shelby Valley the nod for winning the All-A twice and State Title this year.
May 7, 201016 yr Northern didn't give Ferg what he wanted which was nothing near a full ride, so from what I hear from a very reliable source is that he is going to Western Kentucky. This is from one of the coaches on the staff here at Elliott, so we shall see. That is 100% false. Not being rude, but I can guarantee you that this is false...
May 7, 201016 yr From what I'm hearing this is going to be at least another month before any decision is made which is good to make the right decision! Whatever choice it is I will get up the next morning and call the college bookstore to order lots of gear from that particular institution. But I'm hopeing Cal gets somebody in his ear and does the right thing with a call being made to Isonville to get this deal done. I think we need a call Rocky Adkins to call Coach Cal campaign to seal the deal, everybody loves ole Rocky he will broker the two sides together!
May 7, 201016 yr I am so sorry, I meant Kentucky Wesleyan. I looked at my post and the next person had something about D-1 and it made me catch my error. Sorry Guys!
May 7, 201016 yr I am so sorry, I meant Kentucky Wesleyan. I looked at my post and the next person had something about D-1 and it made me catch my error. Sorry Guys! I still think I would be suprised he if went to Wesleyan over NKU. He would have an opportunity to play with Ethan Faulkner. I am biased because I went to NKU, but I think nicer facilities, closer to home, and opportunity to play with a former teammate would make NKU a better situation. Plus I think NKU will have a better team.
May 7, 201016 yr If he is looking at schollys, maybe it has to do with money. Good luck to him regardless.
May 7, 201016 yr I still think I would be suprised he if went to Wesleyan over NKU. He would have an opportunity to play with Ethan Faulkner. I am biased because I went to NKU, but I think nicer facilities, closer to home, and opportunity to play with a former teammate would make NKU a better situation. Plus I think NKU will have a better team. Kentucky Wesleyan was a lot better team than NKU last season. IMO NKU would be a lot better off developing his players from within than shopping around for transfers every year. (I would not put Ferg. in this category as he did not play at Morehead.) Then maybe Bezold could manage his scholarship dollars better.
May 7, 201016 yr Yeah this episode has got my wondering what if any direction Northern is going with their basketball program? I will give them credit, Bezold is at least trying to cultivate some relationship with the rest of Kentucky besides the top three counties. For Northern to become any kind of statewide (Kentucky) team they must forge a relationship with the people in the rest of the state. That being said if Ferg was gonna go there I think it would be a done deal by now!
May 7, 201016 yr Yeah this episode has got my wondering what if any direction Northern is going with their basketball program? I will give them credit, Bezold is at least trying to cultivate some relationship with the rest of Kentucky besides the top three counties. For Northern to become any kind of statewide (Kentucky) team they must forge a relationship with the people in the rest of the state. That being said if Ferg was gonna go there I think it would be a done deal by now! Agreed, and as said earlier-NKU needs to go D-1. I know it costs alot of money, but check out their enrollment vs. WKU, EKU, Morehead + Murray, and then compare it to Kentucky Weslyan and teams in the GLVC. They are huge for a d-2 school.
May 7, 201016 yr Kentucky Wesleyan was a lot better team than NKU last season. IMO NKU would be a lot better off developing his players from within than shopping around for transfers every year. (I would not put Ferg. in this category as he did not play at Morehead.) Then maybe Bezold could manage his scholarship dollars better. NKU had a lot of injuries in 2009/10 that had a lot to do with their record. Imo coach Bezold is trying to build a recruiting base in anticipation of a move to D1. He can always recruit the kids in Ky. that aren't good enough for the top D1 programs, once that move occurs if it does.
May 8, 201016 yr NKU had a lot of injuries in 2009/10 that had a lot to do with their record. Imo coach Bezold is trying to build a recruiting base in anticipation of a move to D1. He can always recruit the kids in Ky. that aren't good enough for the top D1 programs, once that move occurs if it does. I've stayed out of this argument because its not my place to be talking about a potential recruit here at NKU....which I have no idea if he was/is ever coming here....BUT the above statement needs to be corrected in my opinion. It has been said over and over again in the last couple weeks that NKU is NOT going Division I any time soon. There simply is no good reason to do so right now especially with the money that would be needed to be Division I. Do I see a move to DI in the future, unfortunately yes, BUT I don't think it would be coming any time within the next 5-10 years because of how much mone would be needed to do so.
May 9, 201016 yr I've stayed out of this argument because its not my place to be talking about a potential recruit here at NKU....which I have no idea if he was/is ever coming here....BUT the above statement needs to be corrected in my opinion. It has been said over and over again in the last couple weeks that NKU is NOT going Division I any time soon. There simply is no good reason to do so right now especially with the money that would be needed to be Division I. Do I see a move to DI in the future, unfortunately yes, BUT I don't think it would be coming any time within the next 5-10 years because of how much mone would be needed to do so. You are probably right and IMHO that is a shame.
May 10, 201016 yr That's why so many have expressed their support for Ferg to NKU because many believe he would help draw a larger crowd to the BOK with all the media attention Elliott received through the years. NKU would receive more in economic terms by awarding Ferg the four year schlorship than it would actually cost by added ticket sales!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.