Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jonathan Ferguson

Featured Replies

Has there been any updates on what Ferg is gonna do, seems like the reports and or leaks have died down somewhat?

  • Replies 260
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere, maybe the Cincy Enquirer that NKU has confirmed that he is not on their roster.

Hey I'm about ready to go straight over to Isonville to Dale's store and get the word directly!

Ferg was screwed over by one school and isn't playing at NKU. He does have a few other options that I'll mention as soon as the head Ferguson says it's ok.

Ferg was screwed over by one school and isn't playing at NKU. He does have a few other options that I'll mention as soon as the head Ferguson says it's ok.

 

Who is telling you that the young man was "screwed over?"

Hey I'm about ready to go straight over to Isonville to Dale's store and get the word directly!

I heard they were being very quiet on the issue.

Maybe he's waiting to see what LeBron does?? :rolleyes:

 

:clap: Now that is funny!

 

I am sure the young man is frustrated with his current situation, but when you sit out a year because you didn't want to play that raises some red flags with schools who would take a risk with you. I wish him luck in his search.

Maybe he's waiting to see what LeBron does?? :rolleyes:

 

This is a great point. I'm surprised he didn't get drafted as he should have been draft eligible.

:clap: Now that is funny!

 

I am sure the young man is frustrated with his current situation, but when you sit out a year because you didn't want to play that raises some red flags with schools who would take a risk with you. I wish him luck in his search.

 

That may have something to do with it.

Who is telling you that the young man was "screwed over?"

 

My bad, that should have said, "I was told" he was screwed over by one school.

After the emotionally draining 2009 season for Elliott County Ferg had every right to want to take a break! Nobody on here truly comprehends what those boys went through unless you saw it in person and up close. And, how truly has it affected his college choices, may schools have contacted him and made offers for his services?

After the emotionally draining 2009 season for Elliott County Ferg had every right to want to take a break! Nobody on here truly comprehends what those boys went through unless you saw it in person and up close. And, how truly has it affected his college choices, may schools have contacted him and made offers for his services?

 

College athletes don't take breaks. Every player participating in college athletics had an emotionally draining season the year before, so that is a poor excuse.

 

You want to talk emotionally draining? Look at Marky Krebs at UK-that is an example of emotionally drained. He didn't use his situation to take a year off, it built him into what he is. Emotionally drained is watching your mother fight cancer for 9 years all the while pursing the dream to be a walk-on at UK. With that, fighting to stay as a walk-on for 3 different coaches and eventually earning a scholarship. Having his mom come to midcourt on senior day knowing she only has months to live and turning around 5 minutes later to be mentally prepared to start-that is emotionally draining. Give me a break.

 

Beating weak 16th region opponents by 30 and doing interviews is emotionally draining?

 

Let's face it-if this kid was so good, some school would have snatched him up over the last 2 years. I hope I am proved wrong, but 6'1" forwards are a dime a dozen in the college game.

Kreb's is not the only one who has problem's. There is no use to belittle Ferg. He was sometimes a foward, sometimes a three, sometimes a shooting guard and a few times I even saw him run the point. Ferg had the chance to play at 5 different D1 schools, several D2's and a ton of others in NAIA. The tru story is..He didn't take a break, he quit for love. He became engaged his senior year to a girl that was wearin the britches so to speak, they were to be married the following May after graduation. She convinced Ferg that if he played College ball they would be through. For what he thought was true love he gave up his chances. Week or so into 2nd semester at MSU(yes He could have played there in the beginning) she drop him like a bad habit. He now is looking for a second chance and no one wants to give him his first year, not in fear of his talent but in fear of him not finishing. Can't really say that I blame them under the circumstance's. At this point he still has two NAIA school's and one NCAA school that is willing to give him a try. This info came from his father less than 4 hrs ago. You can bank on that it is true

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.