Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jonathan Ferguson

Featured Replies

Maybe some of us get tired of reading the hype of northern ky and louisville teams that dont back it up either. Where were your comments when the Holmes fans were above anything from ky but didnt get it done.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Holmes did get it done ... and knocked out Elliott County along the way.

And I disagree, there are plenty of posters that would love to see him fall on his face, some of you make it more than obvious!
Really? Who?
  • Replies 260
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree whole-heartedly with the "elitest" assertion in regards to Ferg and or Elliott County. As you can ascertain many are interested on where this young man takes his talents for the upcoming season. So to ask the question or state why anybody should care because he is not on a Brett Farve status level makes no sense. I'm starting to get the feeling a great story, Elliott's team, is being ripped apart over jealousy or the notion that a player Jonathon's caliber couldn't possibly come from a place like Sandy Hook, Kentucky. As far as Dale, he getting on BGP'S with his own name proves he has guts to be that bold. So to rip the man for doing so has no place folks. I would assume 95% of BGP'S today were here for 07-09, so we saw Dale's posts and many didn't find them outlandish in any regards. If the man ever bragged can you name one instance were his son didn't back it up! It isn't bragging folks when you back it up! Jonathon Ferguson so far has backed it up! And furthermore when did the 16th region become the equivalent of the Kentucky Home School league. The most historically speaking Kentucky high school basketball program, Ashland, Hails from the 16th so to label the area bad basketball shows lack of basketball history and or not being able to see out your current front window. The 16th region and the mountains in general put on a good product of basketball.

 

Since I brought up Brett Farve-let me say you misunderstood my meaning. I simply meant that every off season the past couple of years we have been awaiting Brett's word as to where he was playing. That is the comparison I was making. We are waiting to hear where Jonathon will sign. I wish him the best-have zero animosity towards his Dad, and enjoyed watching him play a few times. I am more rankled by folks intimating that he is about to sign-oh my gosh-and it will be huge news. They act like they have a big "scoop" for us, and have been telling us that for three months. Check the dates on the thread. The region argument holds no water for me, as I root for all the teams at state, and even like some of theose "hated" Louisville and Northern Kentucky teams.

And I disagree, there are plenty of posters that would love to see him fall on his face, some of you make it more than obvious!
This website was created for the promotion of prep athletics across the state. Since Ferguson's high school days he has a been an interesting topic of discussion for a myriad of reasons. Most notably:

 

- Where he played

- Who is father is

- The fact he was a balla

- College decision

 

Do not misconstrue the questioning of his abilities or his previous or pending decisions as a sign that people want him to fall flat on his face. I am not buying it for a second. There are few, if any person on here that wishes for a kid to fail in his future endeavors. Please, feel free to call out those people with some supporting evidence so that they may defend themselves.

Hey guys, Ferguson has picked up two more offers today. Both are NCAA DII.

Hey guys, Ferguson has picked up two more offers today. Both are NCAA DII.
So ... who are his scholarship offers from?
So ... who are his scholarship offers from?

 

I'm not sure that I can disclose that at this point.

My grandpa is Mississippi told me that six NBA scouts from teams I can't disclose are having a fishing party.

 

I want to tell you who they are, but can't. I might lose my status as a superscout-grandson. Nana nana boo boo. Stay tuned news at eleven.

Come on give Wireman a break, if he can't tell you he can't tell you. What a previuos poster stated about Dale's loyalty is dead on, so when it can be told it will told by Wireman or however breaks the word. That being said the rumors that swirl have been about 85% correct so you can kinda figure out the schools from word of mouth.

I'm not sure that I can disclose that at this point.
Point made ...
Maybe some of us get tired of reading the hype of northern ky and louisville teams that dont back it up either. Where were your comments when the Holmes fans were above anything from ky but didnt get it done. You have claimed that there are no elitist on this site, but you prove that wrong over and over again. I dont see these insults when someone is talking about a Louisville player or a Northern Ky player. I guess you dont have the numbers in your favor to take a shot at them. And I disagree, there are plenty of posters that would love to see him fall on his face, some of you make it more than obvious!

 

A) Show me where I've done any hyping of Northern Ky. or Louisville teams. Your research will more likely find that I call them as I see them.

 

B) I watch 5th Region schools more than any other region. Given the 5th's dismal performance statewide in recent years, calling me an "elitist" would be a huge reach.

 

C) I have nothing against Ferguson or any of the Elliott Co. kids. I enjoyed watching them as much as anybody else and I wish them the best. But to act like the EC Hype Machine didn't go in overdrive is extremely dishonest. For a school to get as much attention as they did, the fact remains that they didn't do much more than beat up on a painfully weak region and pick up a handful of nice regular-season wins.

 

D) With regard to Holmes, I'll come clean. I used to live one block from HHS; my back porch overlooked their football field. I'll confess that I was cheering for them a bit. As far as any other NoKy school other than my own (Gallatin Co.), I don't know if I could care less, and I probably didn't even read their threads.

Well in post 178 I explained to Westsider that Fergs dad is my very close friend and he dont want any names of schools given out yet. Westsider then ask me the names of the school and so I said read post 178.. which tells that I cant say! Which i am sure he had already read post 178 and asked again anyway. I would say that there are lot's of things done or said on a message board that different people at different times don't like but I guess that is just part of it. I explained why I couldn't say and hopefully everyone can respect that. If the shoe were on the other foot I would be tickled to read and find out that he is getting a second chance and would just wait for the information to be posted. Last but not least it is not state secret but it is Dale's and I will respect it.

 

I still don't understand why it's such a big deal to give us the names of schools recruiting him two years ago, who have since rescinded their offers. How is that going to make any difference in the current process. And since you know Dale so well, please tell him that Jim Schue and Westsider don't understand the need for all the cloak-and-dagger stuff. At the end of the day, it's just basketball. Nobody's life is at stake should these state secrets leak out.

Point made ...

 

Yeah, the point made is that I run a basketball site and I'm good friends with many coaches in the state. I'm not willing to jeopardize those relationships by disclosing information that they do not wish to have out.

 

Jonathan worked out with a DII team tonight and performed well. He'll be visiting another DII school on Friday.

Interesting stat of the day:

 

NBA Free Agency Updates: 1,849 Views

 

Jonathan Ferguson Updates: 5,948 Views

 

:lol:

I still don't understand why it's such a big deal to give us the names of schools recruiting him two years ago, who have since rescinded their offers. How is that going to make any difference in the current process. And since you know Dale so well, please tell him that Jim Schue and Westsider don't understand the need for all the cloak-and-dagger stuff. At the end of the day, it's just basketball. Nobody's life is at stake should these state secrets leak out.

 

One thing for sure, I know Dale very well. He is one of my siblings. I told him what you said and he said he wasn't 100% sure about you but Westsider and a few others are the reason's for the cloak and dagger stuff. Most of the time any thing good was posted about Ferg it was disputed and contradicted and people saying he cant play here, there, or anywhere and he got tired of it. He is convinced that if any offers were posted from the past or now they would be ripped apart and Jonathan would be back in the bashing spotlight, so until he signs i guess you will have to wait. He did say that Ferg scrimmaged in open gym today with a D2 team along with some pro players from over seas and the coaches were very pleased even though he was out of shape.

I told him what you said and he said he wasn't 100% sure about you but Westsider and a few others are the reason's for the cloak and dagger stuff.
Little ol' me? You've got to be kidding.

Most of the time any thing good was posted about Ferg it was disputed and contradicted and people saying he cant play here, there, or anywhere and he got tired of it.
Wow ... the nerve of some people to express an opinion.

He is convinced that if any offers were posted from the past or now they would be ripped apart and Jonathan would be back in the bashing spotlight, so until he signs i guess you will have to wait.
He could also be convinced that the world is flat or the moon is made of cottage cheese ... it doesn't mean that either view is accurate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.