Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jonathan Ferguson

Featured Replies

I don't see how any of what you wrote in post 178 would preclude you from telling us what offers he had more than two years ago (offers that are no longer valid). We're not asking who the current candidates are; just the ones who offered in 2008/09 that are no longer in the mix. Why does that have to be state secrets?
Bingo!
  • Replies 260
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I will ruffle a few feathers with this comment, but few things on message boards irk me more than someone getting on here and saying "I know this, but I can't talk about it here." Then why bring it up?

 

Frankly, I don't see how revealing the schools that have a genuine interest in Jonathan Ferguson hurts his cause. If a school really wants him to play basketball for them, I don't see how a discussion of it on a message board is going to affect the decision one way or the other.

 

And honestly, I don't know of anyone on this board that wishes for the kid to fall flat on his face. I think some of us get tired of reading the hype with no results to back it up.

I'm sure I will ruffle a few feathers with this comment, but few things on message boards irk me more than someone getting on here and saying "I know this, but I can't talk about it here." Then why bring it up?

 

Frankly, I don't see how revealing the schools that have a genuine interest in Jonathan Ferguson hurts his cause. If a school really wants him to play basketball for them, I don't see how a discussion of it on a message board is going to affect the decision one way or the other.

 

And honestly, I don't know of anyone on this board that wishes for the kid to fall flat on his face. I think some of us get tired of reading the hype with no results to back it up.

 

Interestingly enough, the bolded could've very easily applied to the whole Elliott Co. thing in general.

I'm sure I will ruffle a few feathers with this comment, but few things on message boards irk me more than someone getting on here and saying "I know this, but I can't talk about it here." Then why bring it up?

 

Frankly, I don't see how revealing the schools that have a genuine interest in Jonathan Ferguson hurts his cause. If a school really wants him to play basketball for them, I don't see how a discussion of it on a message board is going to affect the decision one way or the other.

 

And honestly, I don't know of anyone on this board that wishes for the kid to fall flat on his face. I think some of us get tired of reading the hype with no results to back it up.

 

Totally agree with every word.

I don't see how any of what you wrote in post 178 would preclude you from telling us what offers he had more than two years ago (offers that are no longer valid). We're not asking who the current candidates are; just the ones who offered in 2008/09 that are no longer in the mix. Why does that have to be state secrets?

 

Well in post 178 I explained to Westsider that Fergs dad is my very close friend and he dont want any names of schools given out yet. Westsider then ask me the names of the school and so I said read post 178.. which tells that I cant say! Which i am sure he had already read post 178 and asked again anyway. I would say that there are lot's of things done or said on a message board that different people at different times don't like but I guess that is just part of it. I explained why I couldn't say and hopefully everyone can respect that. If the shoe were on the other foot I would be tickled to read and find out that he is getting a second chance and would just wait for the information to be posted. Last but not least it is not state secret but it is Dale's and I will respect it.

Interestingly enough, the bolded could've very easily applied to the whole Elliott Co. thing in general.

 

Maybe some of us get tired of reading the hype of northern ky and louisville teams that dont back it up either. Where were your comments when the Holmes fans were above anything from ky but didnt get it done. You have claimed that there are no elitist on this site, but you prove that wrong over and over again. I dont see these insults when someone is talking about a Louisville player or a Northern Ky player. I guess you dont have the numbers in your favor to take a shot at them. And I disagree, there are plenty of posters that would love to see him fall on his face, some of you make it more than obvious!

Maybe some of us get tired of reading the hype of northern ky and louisville teams that dont back it up either. Where were your comments when the Holmes fans were above anything from ky but didnt get it done. You have claimed that there are no elitist on this site, but you prove that wrong over and over again. I dont see these insults when someone is talking about a Louisville player or a Northern Ky player. I guess you dont have the numbers in your favor to take a shot at them. And I disagree, there are plenty of posters that would love to see him fall on his face, some of you make it more than obvious!

I totally agree with every word.

Maybe some of us get tired of reading the hype of northern ky and louisville teams that dont back it up either. Where were your comments when the Holmes fans were above anything from ky but didnt get it done. You have claimed that there are no elitist on this site, but you prove that wrong over and over again. I dont see these insults when someone is talking about a Louisville player or a Northern Ky player. I guess you dont have the numbers in your favor to take a shot at them. And I disagree, there are plenty of posters that would love to see him fall on his face, some of you make it more than obvious!

 

I am a Cov. Cath. fan and had a close up view of Holmes getting it done in the recent past. The Bulldogs were state champs in 09, state runner up 08, and made it Saturday morning in 07. Pretty darn nice run by Elliott County as well. I really enjoyed the Elliott County teams and would have liked to have seen Jon play a home game in Sandy Hook. I was hoping Jon would end up at NKU. Best of luck to him on and off the court. :thumb:

This thread has been a circus since it started. Someone please just post if or when he decides to play somewhere.

I'm sure I will ruffle a few feathers with this comment, but few things on message boards irk me more than someone getting on here and saying "I know this, but I can't talk about it here." Then why bring it up?

 

Frankly, I don't see how revealing the schools that have a genuine interest in Jonathan Ferguson hurts his cause. If a school really wants him to play basketball for them, I don't see how a discussion of it on a message board is going to affect the decision one way or the other.

 

And honestly, I don't know of anyone on this board that wishes for the kid to fall flat on his face. I think some of us get tired of reading the hype with no results to back it up.

 

Well said! It happens far too often.

Since we are all lathering here in honesty, his dad makes it difficult sometimes to root for Jonathan. Similar to Clay Euton/Dakotah Euton.

I agree whole-heartedly with the "elitest" assertion in regards to Ferg and or Elliott County. As you can ascertain many are interested on where this young man takes his talents for the upcoming season. So to ask the question or state why anybody should care because he is not on a Brett Farve status level makes no sense. I'm starting to get the feeling a great story, Elliott's team, is being ripped apart over jealousy or the notion that a player Jonathon's caliber couldn't possibly come from a place like Sandy Hook, Kentucky. As far as Dale, he getting on BGP'S with his own name proves he has guts to be that bold. So to rip the man for doing so has no place folks. I would assume 95% of BGP'S today were here for 07-09, so we saw Dale's posts and many didn't find them outlandish in any regards. If the man ever bragged can you name one instance were his son didn't back it up! It isn't bragging folks when you back it up! Jonathon Ferguson so far has backed it up! And furthermore when did the 16th region become the equivalent of the Kentucky Home School league. The most historically speaking Kentucky high school basketball program, Ashland, Hails from the 16th so to label the area bad basketball shows lack of basketball history and or not being able to see out your current front window. The 16th region and the mountains in general put on a good product of basketball.

Since we are all lathering here in honesty, his dad makes it difficult sometimes to root for Jonathan. Similar to Clay Euton/Dakotah Euton.

 

I'm not sure this is fair to any kid. I have never seen Ferg react on or off the court in a negative way so to cheer against him or any kid based solely on the parent is unfair. Now, if you have seen a kid act up, then I understand your feelings but Jonathan has always been a pretty stand up kid from what I know. JMO.

I also think that Jonathan seems to be a stand up guy and teriffic player. But the drama with his father leaves him in a compromised light like it or not. And it's a shame. No different than how many posters around the state treated Dakotah Euton because of some of his fathers issues online and in the papers. Some of that venom spewed directly from Elliott posters ironically.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.