Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jonathan Ferguson

Featured Replies

The $$$ are not there to move up to D-1. NKU would have to add facilities, additional sports, etc. The university is laying off non-tenured professors and much of the adjunct faculty. The projected 2010-2011 budget is harsh for NKU. I was in Atlanta to watch the CATS in the Southeast Regional final game against UMass during one of NKU's championship runs. We watched NKU's championship game (which was being broadcast by CBS) in a restaurant filled with UK fans. Sell out or no, the place was rocking.

  • Replies 260
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The $$$ are not there to move up to D-1. NKU would have to add facilities, additional sports, etc. The university is laying off non-tenured professors and much of the adjunct faculty. The projected 2010-2011 budget is harsh for NKU. I was in Atlanta to watch the CATS in the Southeast Regional final game against UMass during one of NKU's championship runs. We watched NKU's championship game (which was being broadcast by CBS) in a restaurant filled with UK fans. Sell out or no, the place was rocking.

 

If NKU would go d-1 and lose to UK by 150 points in the first round of the NCAA tournament, it would do more for the school than winning 5 straight d-2crowns.

 

The largest crowd ever for a NKU hoops game-the exhibition game against U of L.

 

I was at the Louisville Gardens that day for the championship tilt, and besides having my choice of seats with plenty more available, the place was not rocking, and only with research had I heard of the Norse's opponent.

Honestly I enjoyed watching the Listerman brothers play at CovCath during the region games more than I did watching them in that national championship game.

The $$$ are not there to move up to D-1. NKU would have to add facilities, additional sports, etc. The university is laying off non-tenured professors and much of the adjunct faculty. The projected 2010-2011 budget is harsh for NKU. I was in Atlanta to watch the CATS in the Southeast Regional final game against UMass during one of NKU's championship runs. We watched NKU's championship game (which was being broadcast by CBS) in a restaurant filled with UK fans. Sell out or no, the place was rocking.

 

They need about $3M to $4M to go D1. About $1M can be raised by raising student activity fees. D1 sports would also garner more sponsorship $$. The delta is the question.

There was an article in the Enquirer today about NKU and the Horizon league. Sounds like an uphill battle, 325k just to apply for an invite.

Getting the thread back on track... Everyone must have missed my post that stated Ferguson is not signed at NKU yet and probably won't be!

In this economy and state budget environment, it would be a very hard sell for NKU to commit to moving up to D-1. The dollars just are not there. Making the jump would result in nearly a 100% increase in NKU's annual athletic expenditures. Governor Beshear and Senate President Williams cannot agree on whether it is daylight or dark, but do agree that the state cannot rack up additional debt, even for education, in these uncertain economic times. So if Ferguson decides to lace up his shoes again, I am going to enjoy watching him play...even if it is against Kentucky Wesleyan or Findlay.

I agree.

 

Field the following team, and that would be one heck of a team:

 

Austin Hill

Arrez Henderson

Jamel Riley

Ricardo Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson

Elijah Pittman

Greg Rice

 

You put those 7 guys together and they'd compete nationally with anyone.

 

"Compete nationally with anyone"--Bit of a stretch Walter??

Wow, another Elliott County/Holmes thread?

 

Come on guys, let's get back to Ferguson. Tomorrow will be an important day for Jonathan. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I spoke with someone that is a long standing member of the athletic department at NKU last week at Dickmann's and they will not be going D1 anytime in the near future. I don't think re-assembling the Elliott County Hoosiers would fare very well in the GLVC!

Wow, another Elliott County/Holmes thread?

 

Come on guys, let's get back to Ferguson. Tomorrow will be an important day for Jonathan. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

 

Tomorrow? Got an idea when the news you were speaking of earlier in the thread will be announced?

Tomorrow? Got an idea when the news you were speaking of earlier in the thread will be announced?

 

I should be able to talk a little about it tomorrow night and probably write an article about it over the weekend...

 

News will likely get out tomorrow anyways though because there will be too many eyes on the party :lol:

^Why not fill us in now?

 

Just kidding, gotta let the kid have his day. I'd rather not be the one to spoil it.

^Why not fill us in now?

 

Just kidding, gotta let the kid have his day. I'd rather not be the one to spoil it.

 

Its not really that...just don't want to screw up any opportunities for anyone (schools or kids).

In this economy and state budget environment, it would be a very hard sell for NKU to commit to moving up to D-1. The dollars just are not there. Making the jump would result in nearly a 100% increase in NKU's annual athletic expenditures. Governor Beshear and Senate President Williams cannot agree on whether it is daylight or dark, but do agree that the state cannot rack up additional debt, even for education, in these uncertain economic times. So if Ferguson decides to lace up his shoes again, I am going to enjoy watching him play...even if it is against Kentucky Wesleyan or Findlay.

 

Yeah! Or he could be playing for Ky Wes or Findlay. NKU is not sure thing as of right now.:eek:

Well besides the "big" rumor with where Ferg is headed I'm gonna circle back to what happended with Bezold at NKU, why didn't this things come together? I think think Bezold wouldn't offer him a schlorship offer with all the perks as he would anybody else.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.