10th Region- Who is going to be the top 5 teams in the region?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery Co.

Clark Co.

Mason Co.

Bishop Brossart

Campbell Co.

After Mason Co and GRC it will be a pretty significant gap next season. Not so sure I would rank Bishop Brossart or Campbell County ahead of Scott HS in the 37th District. All 3 teams were hit hard by graduation and Scott does return top player in district and a coach who knows how to win in the postseason.

After Mason Co and GRC it will be a pretty significant gap next season. Not so sure I would rank Bishop Brossart or Campbell County ahead of Scott HS in the 37th District. All 3 teams were hit hard by graduation and Scott does return top player in district and a coach who knows how to win in the postseason.

To be honest I was kindof guessing. I do think Montgomery Co. will be better though.

I agree about the Eagles and Coach Carr!

Mason/Clark-----Clark/Mason does anybody else really matter?

Yes they do. We all know that upsets can happen.

I was looking at the teams that made the regional tourney this year and all teams except GRC has 4 or more seniors on their team. GRC has 1 senior and with the loaded team they had this year should be the favorite. I too look for Montgomery and Scott to be competitive this year with the coaching staffs they have.

I'm with Goldie on this one.

I know MC seems to carry on the "tradition" every year but I just don't see Mason winning the 10th next year or being the best team in the 10th next year.

Now that's not saying MC can't win the region, because upsets do happen, but I'll take Zollo, Purvis, Stenzel, Rogers, and Daniels over any other team in the 10th next year, and over 95% of the other teams around the state. That team will be absolutely loaded with size, athleticism, and experience. The only thing that I can see de-railing them is injuries. (Which for the players adn FANS sake, I hope they can avoid next year)

Also, don't count out Montgomery Co. They didn't have any seniors this year (I believe) and are loaded with underclassmen that have talent.

I know MC seems to carry on the "tradition" every year but I just don't see Mason winning the 10th next year or being the best team in the 10th next year.

Now that's not saying MC can't win the region, because upsets do happen, but I'll take Zollo, Purvis, Stenzel, Rogers, and Daniels over any other team in the 10th next year, and over 95% of the other teams around the state. That team will be absolutely loaded with size, athleticism, and experience. The only thing that I can see de-railing them is injuries. (Which for the players adn FANS sake, I hope they can avoid next year)

Also, don't count out Montgomery Co. They didn't have any seniors this year (I believe) and are loaded with underclassmen that have talent.

They had 4 seniors: Bradley Craycraft, Tyler Fruth, Avery Crisp, and Drew Robinson. Read my post above, all teams in the regional tourney had 4 or more seniors except GRC, which had 1.

Seems like we have been saying this for the last two years as well and we know how that turned out, Mason Co is still the favorite untill GRC beats them.

Don't forget about the extremely deep and talented freshman class that Scott will bring up next year as well as sophomores. I could see a couple of those kids contributing at the varsity level.

Seems like we have been saying this for the last two years as well and we know how that turned out, Mason Co is still the favorite untill GRC beats them.

True...but Clark Co also lost Hatton and Williams from last year's team.

This year, Mason loses the Lang boys, King, and Bluford while Clark returns everyone but one player.

And not to take anything away from Kindred, but honestly I thought the Cards looked better when their starting 5 was Daniels, Purvis, Zollo, Stenzel, and Rogers.

The difference the past two years between the two has been Mason Co's depth. Clark Co will be very deep next year which is why I like them to win the region.

I like GRC, Mason, Scott, and then after that its a open, but I still like Campbell, Brossart and Montgomery. I like Montgomery with thier youth, they may take some lumps this year, but give next year's Junior class, along with Prewitt and some of thier other young players coming up, another year to develop and mature, they will be in the regional chat in 2012.

What does Bracken lose? I know they had some nice younger teams the past two years. Depending on what they return they could be nice. Deming with the King brothers will be good

They had 4 seniors: Bradley Craycraft, Tyler Fruth, Avery Crisp, and Drew Robinson. Read my post above, all teams in the regional tourney had 4 or more seniors except GRC, which had 1.

You're right...I'm thinking of Madison Central that didn't have any seniors this past season.