March 13, 201016 yr If he left in a fit of petulance, many coaches would not have let him play further. Cal is kind of acting like Al McGuire at Marquette in that he is treating the players like peers almost. I guess he knows what he is doing. If he was pouting, isn't that quite out of character for Orton? Yes but how many times have we seen Cousins have to restrain a team mate? Which he did have to do with Orton today. Tempers were all ove the place today, these two teams don't seem to like each other at all. While I'd rather Orton had handled it different, it's whatever. Coach Cal recognized the situation and if that's the reason Orton left the bench which we may never know, well he didn't stay gone for long.
March 13, 201016 yr According to Larry Vaught, who talked to Orton about it after the game, its no big deal. Orton was frustrated and was voicing it. He got caught up in the moment and said some things. Coach Cal told him to go to the locker room to cool off. Orton said he never made it to the locker room because he cooled off. He said he came back and apologized to Cal and that was the end of it. You can read the whole accout at vaughtsviews.com
March 13, 201016 yr Emotional kid, heated game, simply needed to cool off he came back, he didn't bail on the team. Just like getting sent to the corner for a few mins to cool off :lol:
March 13, 201016 yr According to Larry Vaught, who talked to Orton about it after the game, its no big deal. Orton was frustrated and was voicing it. He got caught up in the moment and said some things. Coach Cal told him to go to the locker room to cool off. Orton said he never made it to the locker room because he cooled off. He said he came back and apologized to Cal and that was the end of it. You can read the whole accout at vaughtsviews.com If Cal told him to go, that puts it in a different light.
March 13, 201016 yr According to Larry Vaught, who talked to Orton about it after the game, its no big deal. Orton was frustrated and was voicing it. He got caught up in the moment and said some things. Coach Cal told him to go to the locker room to cool off. Orton said he never made it to the locker room because he cooled off. He said he came back and apologized to Cal and that was the end of it. You can read the whole accout at vaughtsviews.com As long as Cal, or another coach told him to leave, I have no problem with it. :thumb:
March 14, 201016 yr Author If Cal told him to go, that puts it in a different light. As long as Cal, or another coach told him to leave, I have no problem with it. :thumb: If Cal directed him to go "cool off" as Vaught reported, then it is really a non-issue. That is much different than if he just walked out on his own. Thanks to those who provided information, I figured I could get a good answer on here. :ylsuper:
March 14, 201016 yr Not a big deal at all imo. Now, if this had been Cousins, I'm sure he would be getting trashed on here. Nothing wrong with some fire and emotion. Need lots of it this team of the year.
March 14, 201016 yr I loved watching Orton show some emotion today. He brought some toughness we haven't seen from him all year. IMO it's why he wasn't benched after his T.
March 14, 201016 yr No issue IMO. Cal is 100 percent correct.... these are 18-19 year old kids with a lot of pressure, expectations, and emotions around them. Sometimes they don't know what to do with all that. Calipari is EXCELLENT at determining what sort of discipline or direction is appropriate. He does this with complete respect for them and it's obvious that ultimately he has the respect of all of these young men. Great coach/player relationships!!
March 14, 201016 yr When Daniel Orton left the bench and went to the locker room during the first half, what was the deal? He came back a few minutes later and Cal put him back in the game a couple minutes after that. Orton was intentionally punched in the groin by, I believe Goins. That is why he was so upset and had to go to the locker room. It happened right in front of me as I was about 10 rows from it. Disgusting display by Goins.:puke:
March 14, 201016 yr Wasn't Goins one of the 4 who got arrested this season and suspended for awhile? Can you say "thuggish"?
March 14, 201016 yr Goins hit Cousins between the legs and got thrown out. It was a real cheap shot. I was suprised and disappointed by Orton. I thought he had shown a lot more maturity than that this year. No a huge deal but not as big of a fan as I was. I was really high on him.
March 14, 201016 yr Orton was intentionally punched in the groin by, I believe Goins. That is why he was so upset and had to go to the locker room. It happened right in front of me as I was about 10 rows from it. Disgusting display by Goins.:puke: Are you confusing Orton and Cousins, or saying Goins hit them BOTH in the groin?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.