Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What happened with Orton?

Featured Replies

When Daniel Orton left the bench and went to the locker room during the first half, what was the deal?

 

He came back a few minutes later and Cal put him back in the game a couple minutes after that.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Anybody know?

Tempers I'm sure. Life goes on. That's part of being a male.

Frustration looked like; like Coach Cal said 18 and 19 year olds, I think he told Cal he was sorry and then came back to the bench.

Orton got jumped for not grabbing a loose ball and got his feelings hurt. Atleast that's the way I saw it. Came back and apologized for bailing on his team and that was it.

Maybe he needed to replace a contact lense.

No big deal imo.

 

I agree, No big deal! I highly doubt he just left the bench, maybe a contact lens or restroom or something.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

  • Author
I aree, No big deal! I highly doubt he just left the bench, maybe a contact lens or restroom or something.

 

No there was some sort of incident. I'm not sure of the extent of it, but it did involve the coaches and it appeared he left the bench and went to the locker room. I'm not sure if Cal sent him or if he walked out on his own. I thought I saw him slap Scott Padgetts hand away. He came back out of the tunnel a few minutes later led by Padgett and took a seat.

 

Maybe it was a minor injury, a jersey change, or a personality conflict and bad decision by a freshman. I don't know, I'm just asking.

He got mad because Cal jumped Bledsoe and not him for not getting a loose ball they were both near. So he got up and went to the locker room (Cal told him too), Padgett had to go back and talk him in to coming back out. He must of said something pretty bad to Cal.

 

Pretty immature. I've never seen a kid do that at the college level.

If he left in a fit of petulance, many coaches would not have let him play further. Cal is kind of acting like Al McGuire at Marquette in that he is treating the players like peers almost. I guess he knows what he is doing. If he was pouting, isn't that quite out of character for Orton?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.