Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Look like Reds lose out

Featured Replies

On the services of Johny Damon, I for one would have liked to seen him in the Reds Uniform .:madman:

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Damon is washed up and I think it will show once he is out of the Bronx. He benefited greatly with the short porch in right field as well as the jet stream that seemed to present in that direction as well.

I think Damon is washed up and I think it will show once he is out of the Bronx. He benefited greatly with the short porch in right field as well as the jet stream that seemed to present in that direction as well.

 

Plus it certainly helps having all of those great hitters in the line-up around you.

 

I do like Johnny Damon, but I'm not upset that he isn't a Redleg.

  • Author
I think Damon is washed up and I think it will show once he is out of the Bronx. He benefited greatly with the short porch in right field as well as the jet stream that seemed to present in that direction as well.

He may be washed up , but he will still put up better numbers than Dickerson which looks like our choice as of now.:cry::cry:

He may be washed up , but he will still put up better numbers than Dickerson which looks like our choice as of now.:cry::cry:

 

He will at the plate, but how many runs do you lose with third base coaches knowing the left fielder has to run the ball in like that kid in the movie "The Sandlot" did?

  • Author

But was he or was he not an important part of the Yankess puzzle last year . Thats what is funny , he was good enough to be an important part of a World Championship Team last year but not good enough to be the Reds left fielder this year . I hope you all are right but I just don't believe Dickerson is or will be good enough to be a starting left fielder for a World Championship Team , I honestly hope I am wrong.

But was he or was he not an important part of the Yankess puzzle last year . Thats what is funny , he was good enough to be an important part of a World Championship Team last year but not good enough to be the Reds left fielder this year . I hope you all are right but I just don't believe Dickerson is or will be good enough to be a starting left fielder for a World Championship Team , I honestly hope I am wrong.

 

You are right, he was a big piece of the title. Unfortunately I think you are also right in that Dickerson is not an everyday MLB player.

But was he or was he not an important part of the Yankess puzzle last year . Thats what is funny , he was good enough to be an important part of a World Championship Team last year but not good enough to be the Reds left fielder this year . I hope you all are right but I just don't believe Dickerson is or will be good enough to be a starting left fielder for a World Championship Team , I honestly hope I am wrong.

 

Its pretty easy for the Yankees to dish out 8 million to an aging veteran. Not so much for the Reds...

  • Author
Its pretty easy for the Yankees to dish out 8 million to an aging veteran. Not so much for the Reds...
I agree with you also, but the bottom line is the Yankees ownership wants to win and the Reds don't want to spend the $$$, which we all know it takes the $$ to win..:idunno:
I agree with you also, but the bottom line is the Yankees ownership wants to win and the Reds don't want to spend the $$$, which we all know it takes the $$ to win..:idunno:

 

You can't spend money you don't have.

  • Author

Why don't they have it ,because we don't win!!!

Money is never a problem for the Yankees or Red Sox. They waste it like its Candy. JD Drew has one of the worst contracts in baseball. Sox also just give away money to Renteria, Lugo... they don't care they have it. This is why some point to a cap the debate goes both ways. The Reds have to start with contending in division then go from there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.