Look like Reds lose out

Wildcat Dad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Damon is washed up and I think it will show once he is out of the Bronx. He benefited greatly with the short porch in right field as well as the jet stream that seemed to present in that direction as well.

Plus it certainly helps having all of those great hitters in the line-up around you.

I do like Johnny Damon, but I'm not upset that he isn't a Redleg.

I think Damon is washed up and I think it will show once he is out of the Bronx. He benefited greatly with the short porch in right field as well as the jet stream that seemed to present in that direction as well.

He may be washed up , but he will still put up better numbers than Dickerson which looks like our choice as of now.:cry::cry:

He may be washed up , but he will still put up better numbers than Dickerson which looks like our choice as of now.:cry::cry:

He will at the plate, but how many runs do you lose with third base coaches knowing the left fielder has to run the ball in like that kid in the movie "The Sandlot" did?

But was he or was he not an important part of the Yankess puzzle last year . Thats what is funny , he was good enough to be an important part of a World Championship Team last year but not good enough to be the Reds left fielder this year . I hope you all are right but I just don't believe Dickerson is or will be good enough to be a starting left fielder for a World Championship Team , I honestly hope I am wrong.

But was he or was he not an important part of the Yankess puzzle last year . Thats what is funny , he was good enough to be an important part of a World Championship Team last year but not good enough to be the Reds left fielder this year . I hope you all are right but I just don't believe Dickerson is or will be good enough to be a starting left fielder for a World Championship Team , I honestly hope I am wrong.

You are right, he was a big piece of the title. Unfortunately I think you are also right in that Dickerson is not an everyday MLB player.

Its pretty easy for the Yankees to dish out 8 million to an aging veteran. Not so much for the Reds...

Its pretty easy for the Yankees to dish out 8 million to an aging veteran. Not so much for the Reds...
I agree with you also, but the bottom line is the Yankees ownership wants to win and the Reds don't want to spend the $$$, which we all know it takes the $$ to win..:idunno:

Money is never a problem for the Yankees or Red Sox. They waste it like its Candy. JD Drew has one of the worst contracts in baseball. Sox also just give away money to Renteria, Lugo... they don't care they have it. This is why some point to a cap the debate goes both ways. The Reds have to start with contending in division then go from there.