Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal on Nets radar

Featured Replies

Let me rephrase. Cal 'said' he was happy at Memphis.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the Nets job better than UK?

 

Depends. Do you want to be at the bottom of the NBA or at the top of the NCAA?

The chance of Cal going to the Nets is less than zero.

 

Everybody has their price.

I don't think Calipari would or should take this job, but stranger things have happened.

 

Is this all because that's what LeBron may want? Because if I was a billionaire owner looking to make a splash, I wouldn't get some guy that couldn't hack it the first time around... But that's just me.

The Nets are so terrible, I might be on their radar.

Depends. Do you want to be at the bottom of the NBA or at the top of the NCAA?

 

Sounds like the new owner wants to win and win fast but I cant see Cal leaving the bluegrass. I think he's at his idea type of place to retire from. He'll also go from coaching in front of 24,000 to 10,000

Edited by D IT UP

If Calipari wins NCAA this year he is gone,mark it down. Part ownership,Lebron and Bosh or Wade and either Cousins or Wall depending on how the ball drops, a short drive from New York, are you kidding me?

Everybody has their price.

 

While I hate to admit it, you are correct. I think the odds are very slim that he would leave UK for the Nets, ... but stranger things have happened. I just don't think it will happen. Or maybe, ... I just hope it doesn't happen!!

If Calipari wins NCAA this year he is gone,mark it down. Part ownership,Lebron and Bosh or Wade and either Cousins or Wall depending on how the ball drops, a short drive from New York, are you kidding me?

 

And if that scenario happens I will be ecstatic. Not because Cal has left, but because we won the title. I'm just happy to be relevant again and hope we would score another great coach like this one. :thumb:

The Nets are so terrible, I might be on their radar.

 

Rumors are The Guru has been contacted by the Nets.:sssh:

I remember in April of 1997 when Pitino had his new book tour promo going when he was on Bob and Tom. He said no chance he goes to the NBA because its not a coach's league. He said the players had too much power , etc. A few days later he signed.

 

It may be a players' league but its also a league that will put out major jack for a big name coach.

 

Therefore, you never say never is both a cliche and true.

As a previous poster said, I would be happy that we won the title. Just the fact we would be king of college basketball again; I don't think we would have trouble finding another coach.

Rumors are The Guru has been contacted by the Nets.:sssh:

 

:lol: They better be ready to empty their pocketbooks. I can't see the 'Ru taking less than 10 million a year. :thumb:

Big Blue Nation would riot if Cal left. Sort of like Lane Kiffin and Knoxville.

 

Worse...

 

I find it interesting that I was vilified and roundly dismissed when I said exactly the same thing when the Kiffin thing went down. Where's the outrage now, Wildcat fans? :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.