Top Juniors in the 9th Region

theshack13

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larrimore from Beechwood is top 3 IMO if he plays this year.

I didnt add him on any of my lists because he isnt playing this year. Next year he will be on the list of top Seniors for sure. But unfortunately he will not be playing this year.

Lets take a look at some of the top Juniors in the 9th Region this year. Here is my order:

1. Popham- Dixie

3. Sexton- Dixie

8. Dematteo- Dixie

10. Barnhorst- Dixie

Thoughts?

So which Dixie juniors did you NOT put on the list?

So which Dixie juniors did you NOT put on the list?

What position? P?

Yes Pitch. He caught last year at the JV level but in the summer his coach got him to pitch and he only lost one game. He beat KBC, Bluegrass and some more well known teams. His only lost was to the Columbus Cobras 18u team. They had 11 D1 signees on their team. He has great velocity and his delivery makes it even harder to hit. His curveball his very good too. I look for him to be one of the top pitchers in the next 2 years. Well some of the Juniors i didnt put was Abeling, Leonard, Wiley, Muntis, Brosmore... The only reason i put those juniors is because I can see every one of them performing BIG at this season. They each have I think been playing a little bit of varsity since their freshman year with the exception of Barnhorst. Popham played as an 8th grader. Sexton and Dematteo have been playing on and off with varsity since freshman year and I think they both are finally ready to do big things. They both had excellent summers competing at the 18u select/ travel level. Thats the only reason why I put 4 Dixie juniors up. But its an open thread so if you think there is juniors better than them then feel free to post it because I only posted what I thought.

Yes Pitch. He caught last year at the JV level but in the summer his coach got him to pitch and he only lost one game..

Oh, I'm familiar with him on the mound. Great live arm. He certainly has a chance to do well. I can see him as a closer.

Yeah a very live arm. He would be a great closer but I dont think Dixie is one of those schools like Cov Cath that has a set and stone closer. I think they just pitch whoever they think will get it done at the end of the game. He will be in the rotation this year for Dixie. Ill have to come watch a few Dixie games. Seems like every one of their pitchers will be exciting to watch.

Hempel is the top returning junior in the 9th. Shumate needs to be on any top 10 list in the 9th Region.

The best Fuller at Holy Cross would be Kyle and he is only a soph.

Cottingham is just too one dimensional and isn't a top 10 player in the 9th.

I agree with Hempel, he is a very good player. What has Shumate done to say he must be on any top 10 list? He may fall in there, but in the lower half. I seen him pitch a couple games over the summer and did not fair very well. I was also told he did not have a very good summer from a couple of his team mates. He certainly struggled the summer before. JMO

I would add Nick Ritter from Holy Cross to the conversation. Heard he had an outstanding summer. I believe he's a junior.

I thought Nick was not playing baseball anymore. He was going to play tennis???

Josh Bertke should be on the list. With all of the experience he already has at the varsity level and big wins on the mound vs. quality teams.

Tyler Sexton at Dixie has a very good chance at a breakout season if given a chance.

I guess we can each view a player differently, these are just my opinions.

Lets take a look at some of the top Juniors in the 9th Region this year. Here is my order:

1. Popham- Dixie

2. Hempel- Ryle

3. Sexton- Dixie

4. Bertke- Beechwood

5. Roberts- Connor

6. Cain- NCC

7. Cottingham- Beechwood

8. Dematteo- Dixie

9. Fuller- Holy Cross

10. Barnhorst- Dixie

Thoughts?

Here is the original list, Bertke and Sexton are included. I must also ask, what has Shumate done to be included. Fuller is only a Soph. I would also think that Lonkard from Ryle should have a place on this list.

But like I said in a previous post. There are some very good baseball players that are Juniors in the 9th region which should make for some quality baseball.

What has Shumate done to say he must be on any top 10 list? He may fall in there, but in the lower half. I seen him pitch a couple games over the summer and did not fair very well. I was also told he did not have a very good summer from a couple of his team mates. He certainly struggled the summer before. JMO

Tyler Sexton at Dixie has a very good chance at a breakout season if given a chance.

I also agree with your assessment re: Shumate.

With regard to Sexton, does he offer anything besides pitching? I've seen him throw and do think he'll do very well this year, but does he offer anything offensively or defensively? I'm asking moreso than questioning, as I really don't know for certain, but my impression from what little I've seen and heard is that his hitting and fielding are fairly average.

Here is the original list, Bertke and Sexton are included. I must also ask, what has Shumate done to be included. Fuller is only a Soph. I would also think that Lonkard from Ryle should have a place on this list.

But like I said in a previous post. There are some very good baseball players that are Juniors in the 9th region which should make for some quality baseball.

Shack13 altered his list and subsequently included Lonkard.