Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

Did you watch the game? Do you understand the game? You do realize that on many patterns the WR is supposed to come to the ball to prevent that very thing from happening? Since it is based on timing, the WR MUST complete his responsiblities just as the QB MUST put the ball in the right place.

 

I do agree that at 9-9, Manning is not a Montana, Warner, etc. Heck, I don't really like Manning. He is a UT grad and I have a hard time cheering for him at all. BUT, I can't put that particular play on him.

 

Then it was Wayne's fault. I guess it's everyone else's fault that the Colts are 9-9 in the playoffs as well.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys recovering from the type of injury Brady suffered typically aren't fully back until their second season. At least that's what I've always heard the experts, analysts and guys who've suffered similar injuries say...:idunno:

 

I'll go a step farther and say that Brady already has 3 rings and almost another, but I guess that's still not enough to place him higher than the great Peyton Manning.

Then it was Wayne's fault. I guess it's everyone else's fault that the Colts are 9-9 in the playoffs as well.

 

Nope. It is 100% on Manning just like last night :lol:

I disagree, I don't think he's even the best right now. Tom Brady is the best in the game right now. They've both played 18 career playoff games. Their stats are almost identical in those games:

 

G Yards TD INT Completion % QB Rating

Peyton Manning 18 4108 28 15 62.97 88.46

Tom Brady 18 5164 28 19 63.0 87.41

 

The big difference. Brady is 14-4, Manning is 9-9 in career playoff games. I think Manning is a great qb, but I'd rank a few others ahead of him as for all-time accolades.

 

Manning is the Atlanta Braves of football IMO. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just saying that's who he is.

 

Peyton has rarely had a running game or a solid defense. You see what happens when the defense got old for New England. Peyton is hands down the best in the league. If you had a vote of the entire NFL, he'd win rather convincingly.

Wood, let me see the verses. I need a good study right now, notice I said "I'm entitled" which means that show I feel, don't like the guy, he mooned the team mate knowing she was still there, you don't lead the band on away games period. Don't really care about Eli, don't really care how y'all feel about him, only care how I feel.

Peyton has rarely had a running game or a solid defense. You see what happens when the defense got old for New England. Peyton is hands down the best in the league. If you had a vote of the entire NFL, he'd win rather convincingly.

 

Very tough to argue against that logic.:thumb::thumb:

I know it's apples and anchovies, BUT you saw Matt Cassel be amazing last year, going 11-5. This year he was very average.

How could anyone not like Peyton? He works very hard to be one of the greatest ever.

Peyton has rarely had a running game or a solid defense. You see what happens when the defense got old for New England. Peyton is hands down the best in the league. If you had a vote of the entire NFL, he'd win rather convincingly.

 

My thoughts exactly...well said. Garcon+Wayne had HUGE drops. The Colts only ran like 6 plays the 2nd quarter and lost the onside kick to start the 3rd. That stuff isn't on Manning.

I think the Saints played to win in the 2nd half and the Colts played not to lose.

I still think what the Colts did this year is pretty amazing. Lost Harrison...Gonzo...B Sanders who was their game changer last year. Lost Freeny being 100%. Lost Dungy but still had a great shot to win the Super Bowl.

Nope. It is 100% on Manning just like last night :lol:

 

:thumb: I love that logic. It's on Peyton when he does something right, but nothing at all to do with him when he does something wrong. I can go for that.

My impersonation of Petyon Manning fans during the regular season:

:dancingpa :banana: :ylsuper:

 

My impersonation of Peyton Mannning fans during the playoffs:

:madman: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Somebody's sounding awfully ate up about Manning. Check out his 2009 postseason stats and get back to us.

 

His team lost. He threw a key interception which may or may not have been his fault. Doesn't change the fact that he played well.

Wood, let me see the verses. I need a good study right now, notice I said "I'm entitled" which means that show I feel, don't like the guy, he mooned the team mate knowing she was still there, you don't lead the band on away games period. Don't really care about Eli, don't really care how y'all feel about him, only care how I feel.

 

So your holding something a guy did in college against him now? Ooookay. :idunno: Man if people held everything against me I did in my youth (which included mooning a few folks among other pranks) I would be more hated than Obama in the politics forum!

 

I met Manning when he was a senior at UT. He was very nice and jokingly offered to sign my UK shirt. I politely declined.

 

Guy is one of the best Quarterbacks on the planet. He will go down as one of the 10 best ever to play the position IMO. Part of the Colts lack of success in the playoffs in years past has been a mediocre defense, you can't blame all losses in a TEAM sport on just one guy. Heck it took Elway 14 seasons to get to 9 postseason wins- I never considered him a choke artist and had a losing record (2-3) in the Super Bowl.

 

This stupid debate reminds me of that old Michael Jordan commerical:

 

 

All that said- the Manning Face is pretty funny!

Somebody's sounding awfully ate up about Manning. Check out his 2009 postseason stats and get back to us.

 

His team lost. He threw a key interception which may or may not have been his fault. Doesn't change the fact that he played well.

 

I just did. He lost.

Somebody's sounding awfully ate up about Manning. Check out his 2009 postseason stats and get back to us.

 

His team lost. He threw a key interception which may or may not have been his fault. Doesn't change the fact that he played well.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.