Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

And that one win was in the playoffs wasn't it? I really don't know for sure, I was seriously asking. Didn't they beat the Colts to go to the Superbowl the last time they went?

Since 2002 Indy holds a 5-3 regular season, 1-2 postseason record against the Pats.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find that interesting in light of how Carson Palmer is still recovering from his knee injury, to hear some Bengals fans tell it.

 

I actually heard very little of that and if someone did say it, the haters would just say that it is an excuse. But heck if Brady was hurt then you're darn right Palmer was too.

Like I said, it sucks being a Peyton fan at times, especially during the post season with high hopes, but hey, we've all been there.

 

Like I said, I could care less for the guy.

 

For people to not appreciate how good he is, well that's just down right laughable.

To weigh in on an earlier discussion, Manning has not historically been especially clutch in the postseason. He started shaking that off some in the comeback win over New England, which had been their chief foil. Then they got lucky to face what may have been one of the worst Super Bowl teams of all time in the Bears (with the great Rex Grossman as QB).

 

I'll grant that Manning has done a lot to shake off that choker image in recent years. Super Bowl wins do that for a guy. But more often than not, the Manning-led Colts come up short against an (on paper) inferior opponent in the playoffs.

 

This is a solid post.

 

I will add that often the Colts to better on paper is simply because of Manning.

I had Neil O'Donnell flashbacks.

 

:puke:

Brady wasn't healthy this year? Talk about excuses.

 

Guys recovering from the type of injury Brady suffered typically aren't fully back until their second season. At least that's what I've always heard the experts, analysts and guys who've suffered similar injuries say...:idunno:

Guys recovering from the type of injury Brady suffered typically aren't fully back until their second season. At least that's what I've always heard the experts, analysts and guys who've suffered similar injuries say...:idunno:

 

I agree, but people wouldn't let that slide for Palmer.

 

The Pats had many issues this year far ahead of Brady's performance.

:laugh: Yeah, it was the receiver's fault. You've got to be kidding me, and again, I know people don't read my posts, but I'm not talking about his comebacks and great performances in the regular season, I'm talking POST SEASON. Do you not agree that his post season performances throughout his career have been disapointing? That's your prerogative.

 

Did you watch the game? Do you understand the game? You do realize that on many patterns the WR is supposed to come to the ball to prevent that very thing from happening? Since it is based on timing, the WR MUST complete his responsiblities just as the QB MUST put the ball in the right place.

 

I do agree that at 9-9, Manning is not a Montana, Warner, etc. Heck, I don't really like Manning. He is a UT grad and I have a hard time cheering for him at all. BUT, I can't put that particular play on him.

It was both of their fault. The play they were running isnt a timing play its a play that they run about 10-12 plays a game when the outside receiver runs a 5 yard dig and the slot runs either a 12 yard courner or dig based on coverage. The Saints knew they were running the play and made a great break on the ball. Peyton tried to make a play and Reggie couldn't get their in time. But that's just what I saw.

No, no break given. As a senior he "Mooned" a female reporter. After beating Bama at our place he directed the Vol band in Rocky Slop, up on a stand. I don't know him personal, how many do, except the one guy who met him 3 times?

 

We all play sports, we shake their hands after they beat us. There were other Colts on the field walking around. This shows no class in the heat of the moment, and I'm entitled. Eli is not liked by other players in the league, we all kow that.

 

Peyton is a great QB and should be in the HOF first time ballot. I'm a fair person. And I wished he went to Bama. Honest too. :ylsuper:

 

Really? This is the first I've heard of it.

 

Sounds like you are making it up to me :lol:

 

And again, I have no problem with Peyton leaving after the game. It's the super bowl...usually right after the game is over the celebration starts, why not just let them get to celebrating?

 

I've seen tons of players on the losing team leave immediately after the Superbowl. That doesn't make Peyton a bad guy. Neither does him directing his school bands fight song.

 

I'd hate to be judged as a bad person based on 3 things by a person who had never even met me.

It was both of their fault. The play they were running isnt a timing play its a play that they run about 10-12 plays a game when the outside receiver runs a 5 yard dig and the slot runs either a 12 yard courner or dig based on coverage. The Saints knew they were running the play and made a great break on the ball. Peyton tried to make a play and Reggie couldn't get their in time. But that's just what I saw.

I will take it even further and say it was 1/3 Peyton's fault, 1/3 Wayne's fault, and 1/3 the fault of the Saints DB that made a heck of a play.

Really? This is the first I've heard of it.

 

Sounds like you are making it up to me :lol:

 

And again, I have no problem with Peyton leaving after the game. It's the super bowl...usually right after the game is over the celebration starts, why not just let them get to celebrating?

 

I've seen tons of players on the losing team leave immediately after the Superbowl. That doesn't make Peyton a bad guy. Neither does him directing his school bands fight song.

 

I'd hate to be judged as a bad person based on 3 things by a person who had never even met me.

 

That's the first I have heard that people didn't like Eli either. As a matter of fact he is liked around the league. Some people in NY may not like the way he deals with the media but I know the players like him. After the Super Bowl is over no one of the opposing team stands around. The last thing you want is to watch the other team celebrate. You put too much time and energy into that game and when you lose you just want to get back in the locker room and collect your thoughts.

I will take it even further and say it was 1/3 Peyton's fault, 1/3 Wayne's fault, and 1/3 the fault of the Saints DB that made a heck of a play.

 

Good call and it was arguably the only mistake Manning made all game. The deep ball to Wayne that was under thrown is the only other I can think of. Man, what a choke artist :lol:

This is a solid post.

 

I will add that often the Colts to better on paper is simply because of Manning.

 

The Colts weren't a better team than the Saints this year. I was surprised to see the consensus of opinion that Indy would win, and many people saying it may not be close.

 

Their defense got way overhyped because they shut down two offensively handicapped teams in the Ravens and Jets. They caught a real break with the Jets upset San Diego. It paved the way for an easy Super Bowl berth.

I will take it even further and say it was 1/3 Peyton's fault, 1/3 Wayne's fault, and 1/3 the fault of the Saints DB that made a heck of a play.

 

:thumb:

 

I would probably give the DB about 1/2 of the credit. He read that play like a book and made the play. That was a tremendous job! 2 weeks in a row for that young man making a game changing interception.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.