February 8, 201016 yr I don't see how that makes him a bad guy, bc he didn't shake hands. I wouldn't want to hang around and watch the other team celebrate either. What makes Eli and Peyton not very nice? I'm curious to know how those who viewed the LeBron thing as terrible would view this?
February 8, 201016 yr Well, it wouldn't be this — — since my post says nothing about his greatness. Just that I think it's funny when he messes up, and we haven't seen as much of it as it used to be in the old days. I'm just here to remind you that even when he messes up, he's still one of the greatest to ever play
February 8, 201016 yr Author I'm just here to remind you that even when he messes up, he's still one of the greatest to ever play Show me where I said he wasn't …
February 8, 201016 yr I'm just here to remind you that even when he messes up, he's still one of the greatest to ever play Once again, he was faced with a little pressure in the post-season, and once again we see the same result. I think I saw a stat where Brees actually had better stats than Manning since 2006 and now he's got a SuperBowl ring as well. Can we start putting him in Manning's class yet, or is he not in as good with the media yet?
February 8, 201016 yr Once again, he was faced with a little pressure in the post-season, and once again we see the same result. I think I saw a stat where Brees actually had better stats than Manning since 2006 and now he's got a SuperBowl ring as well. Can we start putting him in Manning's class yet, or is he not in as good with the media yet? This is the first time he faced a little pressure in the playoffs? Weird I figured being down 17-6 in the AFC Championship game was something?
February 8, 201016 yr This is the first time he faced a little pressure in the playoffs? Weird I figured being down 17-6 in the AFC Championship game was something? Easy now. I know Peyton is a touchy subject for a lot on here. I didn't say it was the first time he was faced with pressure, but that's more like the exception rather than the rule. The guy, for the most part, is a big time choke artist in the playoffs, but I'm sure I won't get a lot of agreement on here, because once again, people's love for a player will get in the way of what seems to be a trend for this young beast of a man.
February 8, 201016 yr Easy now. I know Peyton is a touchy subject for a lot on here. I didn't say it was the first time he was faced with pressure, but that's more like the exception rather than the rule. The guy, for the most part, is a big time choke artist in the playoffs, but I'm sure I won't get a lot of agreement on here, because once again, people's love for a player will get in the way of what seems to be a trend for this young beast of a man. I could care less for the guy one way or the other, but I do appreciate when I watch a player as good as he is. I HATE Tom Brady with everything I have but you can't deny how good he is. It's obvious which one of us is blinded by their feelings towards the guy :thumb: Jim Schue can't stand him but still recognizes him as one of the best to ever play. But you're right, I think he's good because I like him so much :lol: He went to UT for crying out loud :puke:
February 8, 201016 yr Easy now. I know Peyton is a touchy subject for a lot on here. I didn't say it was the first time he was faced with pressure, but that's more like the exception rather than the rule. The guy, for the most part, is a big time choke artist in the playoffs, but I'm sure I won't get a lot of agreement on here, because once again, people's love for a player will get in the way of what seems to be a trend for this young beast of a man. Back it up. What are some examples of Manning choking (which by the way is perhaps the most overused term in sports IMO)?
February 8, 201016 yr Back it up. What are some examples of Manning choking (which by the way is perhaps the most overused term in sports IMO)? Well for starters he wasn't on the field to recover the onside kick at the beginning of the half. Also, dropped the ball thrown to him by Garcon which would have completely changed the game. Wait...
February 8, 201016 yr Back it up. What are some examples of Manning choking (which by the way is perhaps the most overused term in sports IMO)? Seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks (at least I read that in an SI article comparing Brady to Manning a season or so ago). Big choker. I think he made one really bad pass today, and it was a good jump by the corner on a timing pattern.
February 8, 201016 yr I could care less for the guy one way or the other, but I do appreciate when I watch a player as good as he is. I HATE Tom Brady with everything I have but you can't deny how good he is. It's obvious which one of us is blinded by their feelings towards the guy :thumb: Jim Schue can't stand him but still recognizes him as one of the best to ever play. But you're right, I think he's good because I like him so much :lol: He went to UT for crying out loud :puke: Again, I didn't say he wasn't one of the greatest. He's won a SuperBowl. He tends to choke a lot in the post season. I'm not the only one who has said this before he finally won it. Back it up. What are some examples of Manning choking (which by the way is perhaps the most overused term in sports IMO)? Uhhhh. The interception today. Seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks (at least I read that in an SI article comparing Brady to Manning a season or so ago). Big choker. I think he made one really bad pass today, and it was a good jump by the corner on a timing pattern. Again, I'm talking about the post-season here.
February 8, 201016 yr Manning is a great role model. He did make a poor decision on the pass today. However, he can't hold a candle to Brett Favre when it comes to CHOKING!
February 8, 201016 yr Easy now. I know Peyton is a touchy subject for a lot on here. I didn't say it was the first time he was faced with pressure, but that's more like the exception rather than the rule. The guy, for the most part, is a big time choke artist in the playoffs, but I'm sure I won't get a lot of agreement on here, because once again, people's love for a player will get in the way of what seems to be a trend for this young beast of a man. Come on hoopboy...we need some examples of Manning choking. Something besides what happened today. Is Manning a choker because of one pass where his receiver ran a crappy route? He had seven second half comebacks this year where he not only didn't choke but made all the plays he needed to under pressure. I am not a Colts or Manning fan so I don't know if you are right or wrong but I need a lot more than what happened today to label him a choker. Help prove your case with some examples.
February 8, 201016 yr Actually, Peyton, IS the best to play the game, they may not have won tonight, but I venture they'll win the title again before he's done....AND, Peyton should break every known record we have to date.
February 8, 201016 yr My wife was upset at him, he was seen going off to the locker room. He didn't find time to walk around and give congrats to the Saints. I told her "he does a good job on TV, but he really isn't a very nice guy." Eli, same way. Archie is OK. I have had the great fortune to meet Peyton on three different occasions and he's been amazing each time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.