Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

  • Author
For you Jim.

 

071104_PeytonManning2_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

 

Muchas Gracias! :thumb: :lol:

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this thread about Peyton not actually wearing a cape?

Brady wasn't healthy this year? Talk about excuses.

 

Well any expert would tell you it takes at least two years to get over the type of knee injury he had, but what do Doctors know??:laugh:

Brady wasn't healthy this year? Talk about excuses.

 

Actually he wasn't healthy this year. He was playing on a rebuilt knee, and played with broken ribs for a big part of the year.

  • Author
Brady wasn't healthy this year? Talk about excuses.

 

I find that interesting in light of how Carson Palmer is still recovering from his knee injury, to hear some Bengals fans tell it.

With or without the injury, the Pats have only put together 1 win against the Colts since the '05 season, and that was by only 4 points. I guess that also includes the "choke" job by Brady against the Colts in the playoffs a few years ago. :D None-the-less, I still like Peyton, but it does not take away the fact he is 9-9 in his postseason career.

 

And that one win was in the playoffs wasn't it? I really don't know for sure, I was seriously asking. Didn't they beat the Colts to go to the Superbowl the last time they went?

Is this thread about Peyton not actually wearing a cape?

 

That's a great analogy. The dude is a a great QB...

Brady wasn't healthy this year? Talk about excuses.

 

Like I said, it sucks being a Peyton fan at times, especially during the post season with high hopes, but hey, we've all been there.

That's a great analogy. The dude is a a great QB...

 

The post-season just happens to be his kryptonite.

I find that interesting in light of how Carson Palmer is still recovering from his knee injury, to hear some Bengals fans tell it.

 

:sssh:

I disagree, I don't think he's even the best right now. Tom Brady is the best in the game right now. They've both played 18 career playoff games. Their stats are almost identical in those games:

 

G Yards TD INT Completion % QB Rating

Peyton Manning 18 4108 28 15 62.97 88.46

Tom Brady 18 5164 28 19 63.0 87.41

 

The big difference. Brady is 14-4, Manning is 9-9 in career playoff games. I think Manning is a great qb, but I'd rank a few others ahead of him as for all-time accolades.

 

Manning is the Atlanta Braves of football IMO. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just saying that's who he is.

 

 

That's actually the best description I've ever heard of him. Dead on,imo.

  • Author

To weigh in on an earlier discussion, Manning has not historically been especially clutch in the postseason. He started shaking that off some in the comeback win over New England, which had been their chief foil. Then they got lucky to face what may have been one of the worst Super Bowl teams of all time in the Bears (with the great Rex Grossman as QB).

 

I'll grant that Manning has done a lot to shake off that choker image in recent years. Super Bowl wins do that for a guy. But more often than not, the Manning-led Colts come up short against an (on paper) inferior opponent in the playoffs.

No, no break given. As a senior he "Mooned" a female reporter. After beating Bama at our place he directed the Vol band in Rocky Slop, up on a stand. I don't know him personal, how many do, except the one guy who met him 3 times?

 

We all play sports, we shake their hands after they beat us. There were other Colts on the field walking around. This shows no class in the heat of the moment, and I'm entitled. Eli is not liked by other players in the league, we all kow that.

 

Peyton is a great QB and should be in the HOF first time ballot. I'm a fair person. And I wished he went to Bama. Honest too. :ylsuper:

Actually he mooned another athlete and a female trainer happened to be in the locker room and saw it. It wasn't a reporter and he wasn't mooning here. Even if he did so what.

 

You mean a player celebrated a win with his fans? Say it ain't so. I guess the entire ND team is classless and poor sports for singing their fight song with the fans after every game.

 

You admit you don't know if yet you don't hesitate to judge him as not being a nice person. Probably a few bible verses about that one.

And that one win was in the playoffs wasn't it? I really don't know for sure, I was seriously asking. Didn't they beat the Colts to go to the Superbowl the last time they went?

No, it was during the regular season. The Colts were beat by the Chargers in '07. It was during the Pats undefeated regular season.

To weigh in on an earlier discussion, Manning has not historically been especially clutch in the postseason. He started shaking that off some in the comeback win over New England, which had been their chief foil. Then they got lucky to face what may have been one of the worst Super Bowl teams of all time in the Bears (with the great Rex Grossman as QB).

 

I'll grant that Manning has done a lot to shake off that choker image in recent years. Super Bowl wins do that for a guy. But more often than not, the Manning-led Colts come up short against an (on paper) inferior opponent in the playoffs.

I think that is a fair post. I would argue it actually started with never being able to beat Florida in his college days. Manning has looked a bit differently the past few seasons in the post-season and in big games. Even in yesterday's game, with the exception of the pick 6 which was obviously huge, he carried himself with a lot of confidence. Something he has lacked in year's past. I attribute yesterday's win more to the Saints' offense keeping Manning off the field and taking him out of his rhythm.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.