Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

I wonder if any of you noticed that Wayne didn't recognize the press coverage, and broke differently then what Peyton read? You need to understand, that sometimes he'll look horrible when the offense isn't entirely on the same page.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if any of you noticed that Wayne didn't recognize the press coverage, and broke differently then what Peyton read? You need to understand, that sometimes he'll look horrible when the offense isn't entirely on the same page.

 

Blitz was on.. Peyton stared down Wayne the whole time and Porter read it like a book. If Peyton would have glanced at Collie, he would noticed him open for the "Peyton Window throw." Third down trying to get it past the marker and forced it.

My wife was upset at him, he was seen going off to the locker room. He didn't find time to walk around and give congrats to the Saints. I told her "he does a good job on TV, but he really isn't a very nice guy." Eli, same way. Archie is OK.

I didn't realize you knew them personally?

Come on hoopboy...we need some examples of Manning choking. Something besides what happened today. Is Manning a choker because of one pass where his receiver ran a crappy route? He had seven second half comebacks this year where he not only didn't choke but made all the plays he needed to under pressure. I am not a Colts or Manning fan so I don't know if you are right or wrong but I need a lot more than what happened today to label him a choker. Help prove your case with some examples.

 

:laugh: Yeah, it was the receiver's fault. You've got to be kidding me, and again, I know people don't read my posts, but I'm not talking about his comebacks and great performances in the regular season, I'm talking POST SEASON. Do you not agree that his post season performances throughout his career have been disapointing? That's your prerogative.

Actually, his post season performance has been pretty good after the first 2-3 years. It's interesting that his worst post season statistics came in the year they won the superbowl.

Actually, his post season performance has been pretty good after the first 2-3 years. It's interesting that his worst post season statistics came in the year they won the superbowl.

 

I guess I'm referring to all those times the Pats owned him in the playoffs, yet during the regular season, it went to the wire. Either way, I'm glad he choked last night. SAINTS!!!!

The DB made a great play and jumped the route. Like Chris Carter said as a WR you NEVER let a DB get the jump in the passing lane like that. The WR made no break to the ball at at all and the DB made a great play. While I really don't want to like Manning, he is one of best ever and I can't lay that interception entirely in his lap. He was driving them right down the field. That defensive play was tremendous and should be praised as such. The Saints made the plays they had to make and earned their first super bowl. There are around 30 other teams who would love to be in the Colt's shoes right now. And Lord how I want to hate the Colts. I mean Manning did play for UT. But I love how a great play by a DB which basically won the game becomes a choke by Manning. That is humorous.

I had Neil O'Donnell flashbacks.

I'm curious to know how those who viewed the LeBron thing as terrible would view this?

I am not sure they really compare. When you win the Superbowl, a parade basically ensues on the field. When you win the NBA Eastern conference championship, about 20 additional people come on the court. Manning acknowledged it in his press conference and said he wanted to let them have their moment but he would most definitely be calling Payton, Brees, et al.

I had Neil O'Donnell flashbacks.

Maybe the most idiotic two throws throws in the history of man-kind. At least this one some of the blame can be deflected and a great play was made by the defender. I could have picked off the two O'Donnell throws.

The DB made a great play and jumped the route. Like Chris Carter said as a WR you NEVER let a DB get the jump in the passing lane like that. The WR made no break to the ball at at all and the DB made a great play. While I really don't want to like Manning, he is one of best ever and I can't lay that interception entirely in his lap. He was driving them right down the field. That defensive play was tremendous and should be praised as such. The Saints made the plays they had to make and earned their first super bowl. There are around 30 other teams who would love to be in the Colt's shoes right now. And Lord how I want to hate the Colts. I mean Manning did play for UT. But I love how a great play by a DB which basically won the game becomes a choke by Manning. That is humorous.
You are right about Wayne. Something looked off all night from Reggie. From that play and even the dropped pass at the end of the game.
  • Author
You are right about Wayne. Something looked off all night from Reggie. From that play and even the dropped pass at the end of the game.

 

My buddy asked me if Garcon had supplanted him as No. 1 WR because of how quiet Wayne was.

My buddy asked me if Garcon had supplanted him as No. 1 WR because of how quiet Wayne was.

I do not believe so. There was a lot of talk about his knee injury, although it was hidden because of the Freeny injury. He just did not look 100% healthy yesterday. Caldwell said it was something he has been battling all season.

:laugh: Yeah, it was the receiver's fault. You've got to be kidding me, and again, I know people don't read my posts, but I'm not talking about his comebacks and great performances in the regular season, I'm talking POST SEASON. Do you not agree that his post season performances throughout his career have been disapointing? That's your prerogative.

 

No comment.

 

 

And actually, Cris Carter is the one who blamed Reggie Wayne. I'm sure he knows nothing about being a receiver in the NFL :ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.