February 8, 201016 yr I am not sure they really compare. When you win the Superbowl, a parade basically ensues on the field. When you win the NBA Eastern conference championship, about 20 additional people come on the court. Manning acknowledged it in his press conference and said he wanted to let them have their moment but he would most definitely be calling Payton, Brees, et al. Just what I thought.:idunno:
February 8, 201016 yr My wife was upset at him, he was seen going off to the locker room. He didn't find time to walk around and give congrats to the Saints. I told her "he does a good job on TV, but he really isn't a very nice guy." Eli, same way. Archie is OK. I hapen to know that Eli is a very good guy and give Peyton a little break they had just lost the Super Bowl and no one goes around talk ing to each other after that game. The winning team is too busy celebrating and the losing team is to worried about showering and getting back to the team hotel.
February 8, 201016 yr I don't know how anyone could watch the Manning interview after the game and say that he's a sore loser.
February 8, 201016 yr Just what I thought.:idunno: I guess you are trying to call me out as being hypocritical. Here is what I said after the Cavs loss to the Magic: I have thought about this all weekend, and I am not as upset as others are that he did not shake hands. I am glad he showed some emotion and frustration that he was irritated. Was it a selfish thing to do? Yes, but for some reason I liked it. Nothing makes me more mad as when these guys lose a series and then they are all chummy with one another goofing around. Good to see some passion. Obviously the right thing to do would be to shake these guys hands, but he didn't. Speaking to the media on the other hand is an obligation these guys have. Ask BCG He had time to cool off after the game to answer questions.
February 8, 201016 yr No comment. And actually, Cris Carter is the one who blamed Reggie Wayne. I'm sure he knows nothing about being a receiver in the NFL :ohbrother: Well, I know you read my posts. Either way, Peyton ended up being the big loser once again. It was on his shoulders, and I for one could not be happier about that. And FWIW, Peyton probably wouldn't have made that throw during the regular season.
February 8, 201016 yr This is the first time he faced a little pressure in the playoffs? Weird I figured being down 17-6 in the AFC Championship game was something? Back it up. What are some examples of Manning choking (which by the way is perhaps the most overused term in sports IMO)? Seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks (at least I read that in an SI article comparing Brady to Manning a season or so ago). Big choker. I think he made one really bad pass today, and it was a good jump by the corner on a timing pattern. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Peyton-Manning-Back-to-being-a-choker-?urn=nfl,218134 Just to let you guys know that I'm not the only idiot out there who thinks Manning chokes in big games. And from the way this guy talks, it used to be a common opinion. :sssh: I can't wait to hear the rest of the tears and excuses laid out here for Manning, but I'm sure enjoying what I've been hearing so far.
February 8, 201016 yr No, no break given. As a senior he "Mooned" a female reporter. After beating Bama at our place he directed the Vol band in Rocky Slop, up on a stand. I don't know him personal, how many do, except the one guy who met him 3 times? We all play sports, we shake their hands after they beat us. There were other Colts on the field walking around. This shows no class in the heat of the moment, and I'm entitled. Eli is not liked by other players in the league, we all kow that. Peyton is a great QB and should be in the HOF first time ballot. I'm a fair person. And I wished he went to Bama. Honest too. :ylsuper:
February 8, 201016 yr Looks like Tom Brady may be back healthy next year as well, so looks like we'll go back to the Pats beating the Colts out of the playoffs every year. Oh well. Somebody's gotta do it, may as well be the Pats.
February 8, 201016 yr No, no break given. As a senior he "Mooned" a female reporter. After beating Bama at our place he directed the Vol band in Rocky Slop, up on a stand. I don't know him personal, how many do, except the one guy who met him 3 times? We all play sports, we shake their hands after they beat us. There were other Colts on the field walking around. This shows no class in the heat of the moment, and I'm entitled. Eli is not liked by other players in the league, we all kow that. Peyton is a great QB and should be in the HOF first time ballot. I'm a fair person. And I wished he went to Bama. Honest too. :ylsuper: :laugh: I liked that too, I guess cause he met him 3 times and he was nice to him than he's a class act.
February 8, 201016 yr Looks like Tom Brady may be back healthy next year as well, so looks like we'll go back to the Pats beating the Colts out of the playoffs every year. Oh well. Somebody's gotta do it, may as well be the Pats. Brady wasn't healthy this year? Talk about excuses.
February 8, 201016 yr Looks like Tom Brady may be back healthy next year as well, so looks like we'll go back to the Pats beating the Colts out of the playoffs every year. Oh well. Somebody's gotta do it, may as well be the Pats. With or without the injury, the Pats have only put together 1 win against the Colts since the '05 season, and that was by only 4 points. I guess that also includes the "choke" job by Brady against the Colts in the playoffs a few years ago. None-the-less, I still like Peyton, but it does not take away the fact he is 9-9 in his postseason career.
February 8, 201016 yr Actually, Peyton, IS the best to play the game, they may not have won tonight, but I venture they'll win the title again before he's done....AND, Peyton should break every known record we have to date. I disagree, I don't think he's even the best right now. Tom Brady is the best in the game right now. They've both played 18 career playoff games. Their stats are almost identical in those games: G Yards TD INT Completion % QB Rating Peyton Manning 18 4108 28 15 62.97 88.46 Tom Brady 18 5164 28 19 63.0 87.41 The big difference. Brady is 14-4, Manning is 9-9 in career playoff games. I think Manning is a great qb, but I'd rank a few others ahead of him as for all-time accolades. Manning is the Atlanta Braves of football IMO. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just saying that's who he is.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.