Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

True, but I bet it would be much sweeter to be a 3-time winning SuperBowl future Hall of Famer.

 

Brady wasn't very special this year. I wonder if he can bounce back.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you have given Wood a positive spin on his comments about me using bible verses to suit my thoughts. He cannot prove his statement and thats sad. He says he doesn't read my verses but he can comment on them to judge me. Thats confusing.

 

Again, I gave a honest opinion about Peyton and reasons I don't care for his actions after the game that was seen by the nation. I wished now I never said anything. Attacking my verses hurts me, when I shared them in the way I was taught.

Some of you have given Wood a positive spin on his comments about me using bible verses to suit my thoughts. He cannot prove his statement and thats sad. He says he doesn't read my verses but he can comment on them to judge me. Thats confusing.

 

Again, I gave a honest opinion about Peyton and reasons I don't care for his actions after the game that was seen by the nation. I wished now I never said anything. Attacking my verses hurts me, when I shared them in the way I was taught.

You have obviously missed the entire point. I doesn't matter what the verses say that you post. It's the fact that you sell yourself as a devout Christian yet you label Peyton Manning as a not so nice guy when you know NOTHING about him. How many conversations have you had with Peyton? I don't have prove anything. Your post proved it for me. You say you gave an honest opinion of Peyton but how in the world can you form an HONEST opinion of anyone you have never met? From the 3 incidents you cited? Really, that's enough to label someone as a not so nice person?

 

I am not attacking your verses, I am questioning how you choose to apply them.

A nice person would shake the hands of the person he just got thru playing, he chose not to. I don't know a lot of people but their actions speak for them selves. You don't know me either, but you did say some things about my Bible sharing of verses which still confuses me.

 

He is in the limelight and is a very good QB, don't go to the Bama boards and read, some do know him but I didn't share all the trash, its gossip.

 

I guess him leading the band at Tuscaloosa after them beating us has bothered me, and I've never seen another player do it again. You win go meet the other team and go home. He does this at home, no big deal.

 

I have 4 sons who played/playing sports and they shake hands after a game.

 

One lost to the Rocks in a huge loss for him, he walked around and spoke with the Rock players, not sure what he said.

No offense Larry, but anytime anyone ever questions Nick Saban's attitude or demeanor from year's past or any questionable call, we are chastised because according to you and Alabama message boards he really has a good heart and donates to various charities. Manning does the same but is not viewed as a nice person in your eyes. We are just trying to see the logic.

No offense Larry, but anytime anyone ever questions Nick Saban's attitude or demeanor from year's past or any questionable call, we are chastised because according to you and Alabama message boards he really has a good heart and donates to various charities. Manning does the same but is not viewed as a nice person in your eyes. We are just trying to see the logic.

 

The logic is in what colors they are wearing.

I know only a few people who have actually met him. One is a UT grad who graduated with Manning in the same major and had tons of classes with him. His take is that Manning is a great guy. The other was a friend who sat on a plane next to him. Their take was that he was an arrogant jerk who was rude to everyone that day.

 

Based on that I can say that all I know for sure is that Manning is a great QB. One of the best I have ever seen. He has something that one of the all time greats, Dan Marino, never got, ... a super bowl ring. But, he is .500 in the playoffs which says that in the post season he is average. As a person, I really have no clue. But I don't agree with leaving the field and not at least shaking hands with the team that just beat you. I think that shows bad sportsmanship. Randy Moss got RIPPED on here when he left the field early at the end of a game and didn't shake hands. Manning shouldn't get a free pass on here for the same thing.

I know only a few people who have actually met him. One is a UT grad who graduated with Manning in the same major and had tons of classes with him. His take is that Manning is a great guy. The other was a friend who sat on a plane next to him. Their take was that he was an arrogant jerk who was rude to everyone that day.

 

Based on that I can say that all I know for sure is that Manning is a great QB. One of the best I have ever seen. He has something that one of the all time greats, Dan Marino, never got, ... a super bowl ring. But, he is .500 in the playoffs which says that in the post season he is average. As a person, I really have no clue. But I don't agree with leaving the field and not at least shaking hands with the team that just beat you. I think that shows bad sportsmanship. Randy Moss got RIPPED on here when he left the field early at the end of a game and didn't shake hands. Manning shouldn't get a free pass on here for the same thing.

 

Didn't Randy Moss actually leave the field before the game was over? Not the same thing at all.

 

Rodney Harrison said as soon as the game is over, you try to get off the field before all of the confetti hits you. He also said the Super Bowl is unlike any other game when talking about shaking hands. The winners just want to celebrate and the losers avoid the celebration. He acted like it was a pretty common that this gets skipped after the Super Bowl. He has won some Super Bowls and also lost one, I will take his word for it.

I would like to go on record as saying I thought Manning was wrong to not do it but I also understood his reason. Not giving him a pass but oh. I sure as heck ain't going to toss him the gutter because of it.

A nice person would shake the hands of the person he just got thru playing, he chose not to. I don't know a lot of people but their actions speak for them selves. You don't know me either, but you did say some things about my Bible sharing of verses which still confuses me.

 

He is in the limelight and is a very good QB, don't go to the Bama boards and read, some do know him but I didn't share all the trash, its gossip.

 

I guess him leading the band at Tuscaloosa after them beating us has bothered me, and I've never seen another player do it again. You win go meet the other team and go home. He does this at home, no big deal.

 

I have 4 sons who played/playing sports and they shake hands after a game.

 

One lost to the Rocks in a huge loss for him, he walked around and spoke with the Rock players, not sure what he said.

 

Here's a good snippet from a story on why he didn't shake hands, it includes a quote from Peyton:

 

Being a good sportsman is playing fair, respecting the game and giving credit after to an opponent. Manning did all those things Sunday. In his postgame press conference he said of his quick exit:

 

"I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won. There's not much consolation for the guys who didn't win. There's the stage being set up and the celebration. It's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field."

 

 

 

For the record, Peyton did call Brees later in the night. Said the Saints quarterback: "Peyton's a class guy." If the man who was supposedly snubbed thinks so, that's enough for me.

 

As for the leading the band thing, I've seen several teams go stand in front of their band and sing the fight song when the band travels with them on the road. So he got excited and directed the band--big deal. He didn't do anything to the Alabama players except beat them--which seems to be your whole problem with him.

Brady wasn't very special this year. I wonder if he can bounce back.

 

4,398 YP, 28 TD, 13 INT. Horrible numbers. Brady already has 3 rings. Does it matter if he bounces back?

4,398 YP, 28 TD, 13 INT. Horrible numbers. Brady already has 3 rings. Does it matter if he bounces back?

 

 

 

His passing numbers are quite a bit below the all-time greats.

I know someone who worked with the Ole Miss football team when Eli was there, and they don't think highly of him either.

 

Put it this way there is a well circulated story where Eli had a run in with campus police while intoxicated and urinated all over their cop car saying something along the lines of "Don't you know who I am?" and "I can do whatever I want."

Put it this way there is a well circulated story where Eli had a run in with campus police while intoxicated and urinated all over their cop car saying something along the lines of "Don't you know who I am?" and "I can do whatever I want."

 

I find it hard to believe that story wouldn't be printed.

Why is that bothering who I am and am not a fan of? We've all got our picks.

 

It is not bothering me. I am just wondering where the deep seeded hate for Manning comes from.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.