Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

Peyton Manning - post season - QB -

 

2009 - 87/128 - 68.0% - 956 yards - 6 td's - 2 ints - 4 sacks - 99.0 rating

2008 - 25/ 42 - 59.5% - 310 yards - 1 td - 0 int - 1 sack - 90.4 rating

2007 - 33/ 48 - 68.8% - 402 yards - 3 tds - 2 ints - 0 sack - 97.7 rating

2006 - 97/153 - 63.4% - 1,034 yards - 3 tds - 7 ints - 6 sacks - 70.5 rating

2005 - 22/ 38 - 57.9% - 290 yards - 1 td - 0 int - 5 sacks - 90.9 rating

2004 - 54/ 75 - 72.0% - 696 yards - 4 tds - 2 ints - 2 sacks - 107.4 rating

2003 - 67/103 - 65.0% - 918 yards - 9 tds - 4 ints - 5 sacks - 106.4 rating

2002 - 14 / 31 - 45.2% - 137 yards - 0 tds - 2 ints - 1 sack - 31.2 rating

2001 - n/a

2000 - 17 / 32 - 53.1% - 194 yards - 1 td - 0 int - 82.0 rating

1999 - 19/ 42 - 45.2% - 227 yards - 0 td - 0 int - 62.3 rating

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are a very good line as far as pass protection goes. Manning is always among the least sacked players and he doesn't even get hit that often. Manning has had excellent receivers. You didn't answer my question....Do you honestly stand by your statement that if the quarterbacks traded places that Brady could not have made the playoffs? I'm not saying Brady is better than Manning but we aren't talking about taking JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn or even Matt Cassell and putting them in the Colts offense. We're talking about Tom Brady, he's not simply been a game manager. I mean the guy threw 50 touchdowns with no better receiving corps than Manning has--and that same year the Patriots rushed for a whopping 143 yards more than the Colts, and 2 less touchdowns. So I ask you again......Do you really believe that Tom Brady would not be able to make the playoffs as quarterback of the Colts?
I am not 100% sure the Colts would've made the playoffs with Brady this season. This year, more than any other has it made me more confident in the superiority of Peyton above all others. Brady is a gamer, and he adjusts during the play. That said, he wouldn't have the same line to protect his mistakes. Peyton isn't afforded that luxury, he makes sure the ball is gone b4 the sack is given up.

Career Stats:

 

Tom Brady (129 games)

 

2,672 - 4,218 - 63.3% - 30,844 yards - 225 tds - 99 ints - 219 sacks - 93.3 rating

 

Peyton Manning (192 games)

 

4,232 - 6,531 - 64.8% - 50,128 yards - 366 tds - 181 ints - 215 sacks - 95.2 rating

RP, I will not argue if you admit that LeBron is better than Kobe and has been for a few years. And that if there careers ended today that LeBron is the better player.

 

Career Stats:

LeBron: 27.8 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.9 APG, .9 BPG, 1.7 SPG.

Kobe: 25.3 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.6 APG, .6 BPG, 1.5 SPG.

 

Heck it's not even close statistically, as LeBron is better in every category. Just say that he's better because according to your argument he's would be better than Kobe.

 

That's all I want, I'm not a huge Brady guy and don't absolutely hate Manning. People always complained back in the day when people would say LBJ was better and used to Title excuse. Well now people are saying it doesn't matter when comparing Manning and Brady. Well Manning has one title, but 3 super bowl titles are about like winning 6 NBA championships really. Which is it?

Um buddy, I said that and that it was my bad. Lose the attitude man.

 

Better and greater, hmmm. Better means that today Peyton is a better player than Brady. Greater means that if they retired today, Brady would go down as the better player because of all of his success. Does that help you or do I need to bring it down another notch?

 

 

 

No that's not what I'm saying at all. In the playoffs Brady almost always comes through. Manning has only done it once. He's the guy that loses the big game, big difference in what you're trying to argue. Brady is infinitely better so far in the playoffs than Manning, spin it how you want.

:lol: Where are you getting this attitude stuff from? You're the one who seems to have a problem any time anybody disagrees with you on the topic and are overly defensive, I've shown no attitude whatsoever. I was just trying to get things straightened out and apparently I missed the post you are speaking of so if you did then I apologize for my simple question.

 

So based on what you said, right now Peyton is the better player but if they both retired today then Brady is better?

:lol: Where are you getting this attitude stuff from? You're the one who seems to have a problem any time anybody disagrees with you on the topic and are overly defensive, I've shown no attitude whatsoever. I was just trying to get things straightened out and apparently I missed the post you are speaking of so if you did then I apologize for my simple question.

 

So based on what you said, right now Peyton is the better player but if they both retired today then Brady is better?

 

Well, you did miss it. I don't appreciate people acting like I'm stupid, so I give it back when I feel like someone is being overly pushy. Basically, we said the same thing, which I said was my mistake.

 

Yes, today IMO Peyton is better but if for some reason they both retired today historically Brady would be remembered as the better QB. Just like I have said with LeBron and Kobe. Everyone (just about) knows that LeBron is better right now, but most agree that if both careers ended today Kobe would go down as the better player. Kind of hard to word, but I think it's kind of obvious.

RP, I will not argue if you admit that LeBron is better than Kobe and has been for a few years. And that if there careers ended today that LeBron is the better player.

 

Career Stats:

LeBron: 27.8 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.9 APG, .9 BPG, 1.7 SPG.

Kobe: 25.3 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.6 APG, .6 BPG, 1.5 SPG.

 

Heck it's not even close statistically, as LeBron is better in every category. Just say that he's better because according to your argument he's would be better than Kobe.

 

That's all I want, I'm not a huge Brady guy and don't absolutely hate Manning. People always complained back in the day when people would say LBJ was better and used to Title excuse. Well now people are saying it doesn't matter when comparing Manning and Brady. Well Manning has one title, but 3 super bowl titles are about like winning 6 NBA championships really. Which is it?

 

There is no stat for clutch or rings.

There is no stat for clutch.

 

Actually 82 games charts it and LeBron is usually the leader season in and season out. But, nice try.:thumb:

Actually 82 games charts it and LeBron is usually the leader season in and season out. But, nice try.:thumb:

 

I know there literally is a stat for it but come on lets be honest here. 1 Shot who is taking it Lebron or Kobe? 4 rings, 0 rings....

RP, I will not argue if you admit that LeBron is better than Kobe and has been for a few years. And that if there careers ended today that LeBron is the better player.

 

Career Stats:

LeBron: 27.8 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.9 APG, .9 BPG, 1.7 SPG.

Kobe: 25.3 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.6 APG, .6 BPG, 1.5 SPG.

 

Heck it's not even close statistically, as LeBron is better in every category. Just say that he's better because according to your argument he's would be better than Kobe.

 

That's all I want, I'm not a huge Brady guy and don't absolutely hate Manning. People always complained back in the day when people would say LBJ was better and used to Title excuse. Well now people are saying it doesn't matter when comparing Manning and Brady. Well Manning has one title, but 3 super bowl titles are about like winning 6 NBA championships really. Which is it?

I believe that LBJ is the better player, and likely the best of all time (and believe me, I am a huge MJ fan, so that takes a lot)....titles are nice, and if there is someone that chokes every time their in the big game, that makes a difference. LBJ hasn't choked, and Peyton has proven his mettle, IMO.
I know there literally is a stat for it but come on lets be honest here. 1 Shot who is taking it Lebron or Kobe? 4 rings, 0 rings....

 

So you would also take Brady over Manning? If you use the rings you have to IMO.

I know there literally is a stat for it but come on lets be honest here. 1 Shot who is taking it Lebron or Kobe? 4 rings, 0 rings....

 

LBJ hasn't been around long enough for the ring argument.

So you would also take Brady over Manning? If you use the rings you have to IMO.

 

Game on the line Brady all day.

I believe that LBJ is the better player, and likely the best of all time (and believe me, I am a huge MJ fan, so that takes a lot)....titles are nice, and if there is someone that chokes every time their in the big game, that makes a difference. LBJ hasn't choked, and Peyton has proven his mettle, IMO.

 

Okay, you'll get no more argument from me then. :thumb:

 

For the record I would take Manning over Brady as a QB as well, but with the way people on here acted over the Kobe/LeBron things, I think if you go Kobe because of the rings you have to go with Brady as well.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.