Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

Maybe, but one would have a hard time buying that if they believed what the media told them about Manning and the Colts all those years.

 

2002 - they were 11 - 5

2004 - they were 14 - 2

2005 - they were 14 - 2

 

Hardly think anyone put them in the underdog role after year one.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of his criticism left him after the 06 title, but after this year, whether deservingly or not, those same critics are right smack dab back. I don't see many more chances for the old boy, but hey, who am I to say.

 

are you kidding me? The defense is young, and his offense is much, much more young....they'll bounce right back next season.

2002 - they were 11 - 5

2004 - they were 14 - 2

2005 - they were 14 - 2

 

Hardly think anyone put them in the underdog role after year one.

 

Nah, nobody ever said "this is Peyton's year" or anything like that during those years. :laugh: At least they never layed down the last couple weeks like the Colts did/do.

are you kidding me? The defense is young, and his offense is much, much more young....they'll bounce right back next season.

 

:thumb: I've heard that before.

Nah, nobody ever said "this is Peyton's year" or anything like that during those years. :laugh: At least they never layed down the last couple weeks like the Colts did/do.

What's that have to do with Peyton?

:thumb: I've heard that before.

 

Quite sure they are one of, if not the premiere franchise in the NFL right now. I tend to think they'll win a couple of games next season.

  • Author
Before the cheating I never understood why people hated Tiger, because of his winning. He simply out thought, out worked, and out performed most everyone, most of the time. Peyton has done the same. Why not love someone who has decided to marry himself to the game, and not all of the other goings on in life.

 

Is there a rule that says all great players must be universally loved? I didn't get that memo ... :idunno:

  • Author
What's that have to do with Peyton?

 

 

Quite sure they are one of, if not the premiere franchise in the NFL right now. I tend to think they'll win a couple of games next season.

 

Sorry dude, but that honor goes to the Starboys and the Steelers.

Sorry dude, but that honor goes to the Starboys and the Steelers.

 

Not talking about $$$$.....I could even see the Steelers but they are very Jekyll and Hyde. The Cowboys are a joke, performance wise.

Is there a rule that says all great players must be universally loved? I didn't get that memo ... :idunno:

 

Nope, just said I find it hard to believe the hatred, when there isn't something there to hate, other than success. Hatred for Tiger is now easily explained, just like Kobe, Pete Rose, etc...

  • Author
Not talking about $$$$.....I could even see the Steelers but they are very Jekyll and Hyde. The Cowboys are a joke, performance wise.

 

Performance is only part of that equation. Bottom line is those two teams are the marquee franchises in the NFL. The Colts are a regional fad that seems bigger than it really is because of all the hype overkill surrounding No. 18.

:thumb: I've heard that before.

 

They've won more than anybody the last decade, so the Colts do bounce back pretty well.

  • Author
Nope, just said I find it hard to believe the hatred, when there isn't something there to hate, other than success. Hatred for Tiger is now easily explained, just like Kobe, Pete Rose, etc...

 

Well, like Tiger, when a public image is so carefully manufactured and maintained, usually there's something under the surface that's hidden for a reason. I can't help but wonder if there's more to Peyton than meets the eye.

Performance is only part of that equation. Bottom line is those two teams are the marquee franchises in the NFL. The Colts are a regional fad that seems bigger than it really is because of all the hype overkill surrounding No. 18.

 

 

 

Because of No. 18 they are no longer a regional fad. You're letting your dislike of Peyton cloudy reality. They are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, draw for the television networks nationally. I doubt anyone has more prime time games the past seven or eight years.

 

I found this on Yahoo sports:

Dallas most popular NFL team, Jags least

By Joe Zedalis

 

The Dallas Cowboys may be a few years from their last Super Bowl, but they are the favorite football team among adults who follow professional football, rising one spot since last year. Since this survey began in 1998, the Cowboys have always been in one of the top four positions, usually in the top two.

The Indianapolis Colts have continued their steady rise in the rankings and move up one spot, from No. 3 last year to No 2 this year. In 1999, the Colts were tied for No. 27 and have moved up each year since. Rounding out the top five are the Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 3, dropping from No. 1 last year), the Green Bay Packers (remaining at No. 4) and the Chicago Bears (No. 5, moving up one spot). Jacksonville was the least popular NFL franchise for the third straight year.

Because of No. 18 they are no longer a regional fad. You're letting your dislike of Peyton cloudy reality. They are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, draw for the television networks nationally. I doubt anyone has more prime time games the past seven or eight years.

 

I found this on Yahoo sports:

Dallas most popular NFL team, Jags least

By Joe Zedalis

 

The Dallas Cowboys may be a few years from their last Super Bowl, but they are the favorite football team among adults who follow professional football, rising one spot since last year. Since this survey began in 1998, the Cowboys have always been in one of the top four positions, usually in the top two.

The Indianapolis Colts have continued their steady rise in the rankings and move up one spot, from No. 3 last year to No 2 this year. In 1999, the Colts were tied for No. 27 and have moved up each year since. Rounding out the top five are the Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 3, dropping from No. 1 last year), the Green Bay Packers (remaining at No. 4) and the Chicago Bears (No. 5, moving up one spot). Jacksonville was the least popular NFL franchise for the third straight year.

Jim.....you gotta hate when facts dispute your reality.

They've won more than anybody the last decade, so the Colts do bounce back pretty well.

 

Superbowls??? I've missed that memo somewhere. I believed they lost this years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.