Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

The difference is that while Brady and Manning had similar supporting role type players, Brady's defense was one of the most dominant in the league, not so much for Peyton. I liken it to this. I feel if you switched Peyton and Brady to the opposite team, I feel NE wouldn't miss a beat, while the Colts would miss the playoffs.

 

 

Don't you think missing the playoffs is a bit of a stretch? After all Manning has had an excellent offensive line, a great pass catching tight end in Dallas Clark, two excellent wideouts in Wayne and Harrison (until this season) and a decent running game. Last I checked Brady didn't play defense so he wouldn't hurt them there. Do you honestly think Brady, who had a 50 TD season, is such a step down from Manning that a 14 win Colts team would drop far enough to miss the playoffs? If you truly believe that then I have to question your football knowledge.

 

I think you know better than that.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not even trying to argue with you, you're the only one who was talking about careers here, people were discussing who the better QB is.

Please explain to be the difference between 'greater' and 'better', I really have no idea what you're trying to argue.

 

I have nothing to get over, I just find it pointless when people use hypothetical situations to provide support for a stance on something.

 

Um buddy, I said that and that it was my bad. Lose the attitude man.

 

Better and greater, hmmm. Better means that today Peyton is a better player than Brady. Greater means that if they retired today, Brady would go down as the better player because of all of his success. Does that help you or do I need to bring it down another notch?

 

You like to argue the better player is the one with the ring....that's hilarious, especially in a game like football when it is so team dependent, more so than any other sport. In that case your argument would suggest that Trent Dilfer was a better Qb than Marino.

 

No that's not what I'm saying at all. In the playoffs Brady almost always comes through. Manning has only done it once. He's the guy that loses the big game, big difference in what you're trying to argue. Brady is infinitely better so far in the playoffs than Manning, spin it how you want.

The difference is that while Brady and Manning had similar supporting role type players, Brady's defense was one of the most dominant in the league, not so much for Peyton. I liken it to this. I feel if you switched Peyton and Brady to the opposite team, I feel NE wouldn't miss a beat, while the Colts would miss the playoffs.

 

Tom Brady wouldn't have thrown that pick. Now maybe the Colts don't get to the Super Bowl, but Brady isn't going to choke like that. Never has, and until I see it I have to believe he never will.

You like to argue the better player is the one with the ring....that's hilarious, especially in a game like football when it is so team dependent, more so than any other sport. In that case your argument would suggest that Trent Dilfer was a better Qb than Marino.

 

I was waiting for someone to make this point.:thumb:

Tom Brady wouldn't have thrown that pick. Now maybe the Colts don't get to the Super Bowl, but Brady isn't going to choke like that. Never has, and until I see it I have to believe he never will.

 

Brady threw the interception in the final minute that sealed the Colts' win over the Patriots three years ago.

 

He threw three interceptions in the playoff loss to Baltimore this year.

Brady threw the interception in the final minute that sealed the Colts' win over the Patriots three years ago.

 

He threw three interceptions in the playoff loss to Baltimore this year.

 

Brady's pick at the end of the Colts game was desperation, was it not? Last minute of the game with no TO's you kind of have to let it rip. Manning had 4 or 5 minutes when he threw his pick 6.

 

I don't care what Brady did this season, they weren't going to win. 3 picks in a blowout, 2 of which were deflected. Ah, not really my definition of choking. Brady isn't great IMO for what he does over the course of the game, it's the last few minutes.

 

But, I could see your point. So I won't argue, but just give how I view it. But, it's kind of hard to argue with his Super Bowl success as well though.

Don't you think missing the playoffs is a bit of a stretch? After all Manning has had an excellent offensive line, a great pass catching tight end in Dallas Clark, two excellent wideouts in Wayne and Harrison (until this season) and a decent running game.

 

decent running game?

 

2009 - colts were last, pats were 12th

2008 - colts were second to last, pats were 6th

2007 - colts were 18th, Pats were 13th

2006 - colts were 18th, Pats were 12th

 

 

Not so much on the running game. The Oline is efficient at best, if they were excellent they would be able to run better. So good in fact, that only 1 lineman was named to the pro bowl....

Tom Brady wouldn't have thrown that pick. Now maybe the Colts don't get to the Super Bowl, but Brady isn't going to choke like that. Never has, and until I see it I have to believe he never will.

 

You don't think Brady has thrown picks under pressure? You have blinders on my man. Brady was lucky to be in the perfect storm of great coaching, efficient offensive teammates, and a rock hard defense. As that defense has faded, so has his star. Don't get me wrong. He's considered a clutch performer and likely a lock for the HOF. He's no Peyton though.

You don't think Brady has thrown picks under pressure? You have blinders on my man. Brady was lucky to be in the perfect storm of great coaching, efficient offensive teammates, and a rock hard defense. As that defense has faded, so has his star. Don't get me wrong. He's considered a clutch performer and likely a lock for the HOF. He's no Peyton though.

 

When? He sure had boatloads of offensive talent during his 3 Super Bowl wins. Wow, every QB dreams of throwing to Troy Brown and Deion Branch. Man, Peyton Manning was at a serious disadvantage the last few years throwing Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Dallas Clark. Poor, poor, whittle Peyton Manning..... How did he ever manange?:cry:

The Colts won seven games this year after trailing in the fourth quarter. He's very good at coming from behind to win games. He wasn't able to do it in this year's Super Bowl, and he wasn't able to do it in several playoff games earlier in his career.

 

To say Brady is clearly better is incorrect, in my view. They are the two best quarterbacks of this generation. Manning is a future Hall of Famer and has played a huge role in bringing the Colts from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best for almost a decade now.

 

To comment about another previous post, I don't believe many Colts fans would like our chances to make the playoffs without Manning in charge.

When? He sure had boatloads of offensive talent during his 3 Super Bowl wins. Wow, every QB dreams of throwing to Troy Brown and Deion Branch. Man, Peyton Manning was at a serious disadvantage the last few years throwing Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Dallas Clark. Poor, poor, whittle Peyton Manning..... How did he ever manange?:cry:

 

How do we know how great these guys would be without Peyton?

 

He helped make them more than the other way around.

They had a shot to go undefeated but NO OTHER QB in the league could get them to the playoffs.....but then some say that football is a team sport and you can't hold Manning accountable for not having as many titles as Brady. Can't have it both ways.

 

If Manning is so good that he can single handedly go 14-2 with a realistic shot of being 16 and 0, then he should have about 10 Super Bowl rings now shouldn't he?

How do we know how great these guys would be without Peyton?

 

He helped make them more than the other way around.

 

No, now I'm convinced. Harrison, Wayne and Clark are the worst trio ever put together. They should have never been allowed to play in the league, but Peyton turned them into Pro Bowlers from his QB godliness and out of the goodness of his heart.......

Tom Brady - post season QB -

 

2009 - 23/42 - 54.8% - 154 yards - 2 tds - 3 ints - 3 sacks - 1 fumble lost - 49.1 qb rating

2008 - n/a

2007 - 77/109 - 70.6% - 737 yards - 6 tds - 3 ints - 8 sacks - 1 fumble lost - 96.0 rating

2006 - 70/119 - 58.8% - 724 yards - 5 tds - 4 ints - 4 sacks - 76.5 rating

2005 - 35/ 63 - 55.6% - 542 yards - 4 tds - 2 ints - 4 sacks - 92.2 rating

2004 - 55/ 81 - 67.9% - 587 yards - 5 tds - 0 ints - 7 sacks - 1 fumble lost - 109.4 rating

2003 - 75/126 - 59.5% - 792 yards - 5 tds - 2 ints - 0 sacks - 84.5 rating

2002 - n/a

2001 - 60/ 97 - 61.9% - 572 yards - 1 tds - 1 ints - 5 sack - 77.3 rating

decent running game?

 

2009 - colts were last, pats were 12th

2008 - colts were second to last, pats were 6th

2007 - colts were 18th, Pats were 13th

2006 - colts were 18th, Pats were 12th

 

 

Not so much on the running game. The Oline is efficient at best, if they were excellent they would be able to run better. So good in fact, that only 1 lineman was named to the pro bowl....

 

They are a very good line as far as pass protection goes. Manning is always among the least sacked players and he doesn't even get hit that often. Manning has had excellent receivers. You didn't answer my question....Do you honestly stand by your statement that if the quarterbacks traded places that Brady could not have made the playoffs? I'm not saying Brady is better than Manning but we aren't talking about taking JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn or even Matt Cassell and putting them in the Colts offense. We're talking about Tom Brady, he's not simply been a game manager. I mean the guy threw 50 touchdowns with no better receiving corps than Manning has--and that same year the Patriots rushed for a whopping 143 yards more than the Colts, and 2 less touchdowns. So I ask you again......Do you really believe that Tom Brady would not be able to make the playoffs as quarterback of the Colts?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.