Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Manning Face

Featured Replies

Pretty sure I posted that Brady hadn't played superior to Manning in the post season, his team has. That said, we'll have to see if Brady ever gets back to the promised land, their team isn't getting any younger.

  • Replies 298
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Career Stats:

 

Tom Brady (129 games)

 

2,672 - 4,218 - 63.3% - 30,844 yards - 225 tds - 99 ints - 219 sacks - 93.3 rating

 

Peyton Manning (192 games)

 

4,232 - 6,531 - 64.8% - 50,128 yards - 366 tds - 181 ints - 215 sacks - 95.2 rating

 

Looks like end of discussion.:sssh:

Pretty sure I posted that Brady hadn't played superior to Manning in the post season, his team has. That said, we'll have to see if Brady ever gets back to the promised land, their team isn't getting any younger.

 

One thing that strengthens Brady's status, IMO, is that for many years Manning's Colts were considered the best team in the AFC, if not the league, while Brady's Patriots were underappreciated. Whether true or not, the perception for the first half this past decade was that Brady quarterbacked an inferior, outgunned Patriots roster to critical regular season and post-season victories over Manning's unstoppable aerial show. And, then Brady finished with 3 Super Bowls.

 

The perception that Brady was continually beating Manning en route to titles with an inferior team really helped him and hurt Peyton.

Pretty sure I posted that Brady hadn't played superior to Manning in the post season, his team has. That said, we'll have to see if Brady ever gets back to the promised land, their team isn't getting any younger.

 

http://community.foxsports.com/StreetCred/blog/2009/04/07/Tom_Brady_or_Peyton_Manning_Who_is_the_Quarterback_of_this_Decade

The bottom line is that for the majority of the decade Peyton Manning has been one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL come playoff time and those numbers are skewed upwards by three games that were off the charts. It raises his playoff QB rating for the decade by over 15.0 points

 

Those 3 games were Kansas divisional game and two Wildcard games with Denver. If Brady never makes it back, I'd venture to say he's secured his legacy.

Let's take his three worst games away instead and see what the numbers are. He'd be on one of the greatest ever then, but of course you can't do that. It's not fair to try to take three away, good or bad.

 

As a Colts fan, life with Peyton is much, much better than the alternative. I believe the Colts had won two playoff games from 1972 until he arrived in 1998. The fact that people like to criticize him for only winning NINE in his career makes me feel even better to have Peyton under center. If he never wins another one, it has been very special to follow the Colts the past decade.

  • Author
Let's take his three worst games away instead and see what the numbers are. He'd be on one of the greatest ever then, but of course you can't do that. It's not fair to try to take three away, good or bad.

 

As a Colts fan, life with Peyton is much, much better than the alternative. I believe the Colts had won two playoff games from 1972 until he arrived in 1998. The fact that people like to criticize him for only winning NINE in his career makes me feel even better to have Peyton under center. If he never wins another one, it has been very special to follow the Colts the past decade.

 

I understand what you're saying, but when you consider the sickening lovefest the entire world seems to have with Peyton, you'd think he never lost a game in his career. For some of us, that crap gets old, fast, and as a result some of us take great joy in seeing him fail -- if for no reason than for all those who engaged in the lovefest to have to sit around and wonder what went wrong.

I understand what you're saying, but when you consider the sickening lovefest the entire world seems to have with Peyton, you'd think he never lost a game in his career. For some of us, that crap gets old, fast, and as a result some of us take great joy in seeing him fail -- if for no reason than for all those who engaged in the lovefest to have to sit around and wonder what went wrong.

 

You just wrote down on this board, exactly what I've been feeling in my heart for the past 5 years or so.

I understand what you're saying, but when you consider the sickening lovefest the entire world seems to have with Peyton, you'd think he never lost a game in his career. For some of us, that crap gets old, fast, and as a result some of us take great joy in seeing him fail -- if for no reason than for all those who engaged in the lovefest to have to sit around and wonder what went wrong.

 

 

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

 

This is exactly why I dislike him and Tim Tebow.

One thing that strengthens Brady's status, IMO, is that for many years Manning's Colts were considered the best team in the AFC, if not the league, while Brady's Patriots were underappreciated. Whether true or not, the perception for the first half this past decade was that Brady quarterbacked an inferior, outgunned Patriots roster to critical regular season and post-season victories over Manning's unstoppable aerial show. And, then Brady finished with 3 Super Bowls.

 

The perception that Brady was continually beating Manning en route to titles with an inferior team really helped him and hurt Peyton.

 

Get this straight, Brady and the Pats were the under dog story for exactly one season.

Those 3 games were Kansas divisional game and two Wildcard games with Denver. If Brady never makes it back, I'd venture to say he's secured his legacy.

So now Peyton is horrible? Hahah...what's it say about the league that a Super Bowl Champion, and a league record 4 time MVP is horrible.

So now Peyton is horrible? Hahah...what's it say about the league that a Super Bowl Champion, and a league record 4 time MVP is horrible.

 

I believe they said in the post season he has been horrible. I will say, for someone who does so good in the regular season, he certainly doesn't live up to his bill in the post season. I believe someone said it better than I ever could, when they said he was the Atlanta Braves of the NFL.

I understand what you're saying, but when you consider the sickening lovefest the entire world seems to have with Peyton, you'd think he never lost a game in his career. For some of us, that crap gets old, fast, and as a result some of us take great joy in seeing him fail -- if for no reason than for all those who engaged in the lovefest to have to sit around and wonder what went wrong.

 

Before the cheating I never understood why people hated Tiger, because of his winning. He simply out thought, out worked, and out performed most everyone, most of the time. Peyton has done the same. Why not love someone who has decided to marry himself to the game, and not all of the other goings on in life.

I believe they said in the post season he has been horrible. I will say, for someone who does so good in the regular season, he certainly doesn't live up to his bill in the post season. I believe someone said it better than I ever could, when they said he was the Atlanta Braves of the NFL.

 

He's won a title, and was on the brink of winning another this season. I say he'll get one or two more titles before he hangs it up.

Get this straight, Brady and the Pats were the under dog story for exactly one season.

 

Maybe, but one would have a hard time buying that if they believed what the media told them about Manning and the Colts all those years.

He's won a title, and was on the brink of winning another this season. I say he'll get one or two more titles before he hangs it up.

 

A lot of his criticism left him after the 06 title, but after this year, whether deservingly or not, those same critics are right smack dab back. I don't see many more chances for the old boy, but hey, who am I to say.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.