Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark/Mason County predictions 2/5

Who wins? 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • George Rogers Clark
      53%
      24
    • Mason County
      46%
      21

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Please, you guys are cracking me up. You honestly think GRC was afraid to play this game? I'll definitely keep this thread in the back of my mind for early March and we'll see who's getting the last laugh. And yes, I'm that confident and I'll make the statement and go out on a limb here. :lol: Barring any huge injuries keeping players out of post season games, GRC WILL win the 10th region. No upsets this year guys, GRC won't blow another championship game. :thumb:

  • Replies 183
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks the game was cancelled for weather, so forget about the conspiracy theories. This is a game that means nothing. The districts will still play out as well as the region and if they meet, they meet.

 

For the record, the Winter Storm Warning started at 4:00 p.m. and the rain was suppossed to change from rain to snow, north to south. I am betting GRC was banking on this warning and weighed the risk of traffic issues vs. a regular season game. Obviously the safety of the players and students that travel to watch the game should be what comes first.

Let's assume that Mustang's estimate of 388 students at Brossart is correct - and I have no reason to doubt him. Let's play with the numbers and calculate projected regional tournaments won from 2000-2009 purely as a function of current enrollment by some of the schools. I must emphasize that there is NOTHING scientific about this - just an exercise in elementary mathematics.

 

Simple formula: School enrollment divided by regional enrollment times 10 (Scott only multiplied by 4; only in Region 10 from 2006 season on).

 

Clark County: 1.56 projected, 1 win

Campbell County: 1.36 projected, 1 win

Montgomery County: 1.17 projected, 0 win

Scott: 0.39 projected, 0 win

Harrison County: 0.89 projected, 0 win

Pendleton County: 0.83 projected, 1 win

Bourbon County: 0.77 projected, 0 win

Mason County: 0.73 projected, 6 wins

Bishop Brossart: 0.36 projected, 1 win

 

Thanks! 588 would have us conducting classes in a myriad of those white double-wide trailers you sometimes see on high school campuses. :D

Looks to me like the KHSAA has the girls outnumbering the boys by about 2-1; maybe that's where the problem lies.

Maybe I'll start publishing these little known facts!

 

I think we are on to a major promotional coup here! :walk:

Folks the game was cancelled for weather, so forget about the conspiracy theories. This is a game that means nothing. The districts will still play out as well as the region and if they meet, they meet.

 

For the record, the Winter Storm Warning started at 4:00 p.m. and the rain was suppossed to change from rain to snow, north to south. I am betting GRC was banking on this warning and weighed the risk of traffic issues vs. a regular season game. Obviously the safety of the players and students that travel to watch the game should be what comes first.

 

No problem at all with that decision.

 

How's Sunday's weather shaping up?

Folks the game was cancelled for weather, so forget about the conspiracy theories. This is a game that means nothing. The districts will still play out as well as the region and if they meet, they meet.

 

For the record, the Winter Storm Warning started at 4:00 p.m. and the rain was suppossed to change from rain to snow, north to south. I am betting GRC was banking on this warning and weighed the risk of traffic issues vs. a regular season game. Obviously the safety of the players and students that travel to watch the game should be what comes first.

 

Totally disagree with this statement. GRC has not played in the Fieldhouse for two years. If I was a part of the coaching staff I would take any chance I could get to give my players an early experience of playing on the 10th Region Tournament floor. Too my knowledge, Zollo for instance, has never played on this floor.

Totally disagree with this statement. GRC has not played in the Fieldhouse for two years. If I was a part of the coaching staff I would take any chance I could get to give my players an early experience of playing on the 10th Region Tournament floor. Too my knowledge, Zollo for instance, has never played on this floor.

 

It will probably be made up .Should have been played last night, win, lose or draw.

No problem at all with that decision.

 

How's Sunday's weather shaping up?[/QUOTE]

Not looking good, it is starting to snow here in Winchester right now. 31 degrees.

It will probably be made up .Should have been played last night, win, lose or draw.

 

The decision was made by the transportation Adm. NOT by the coaches or as some are suggesting, the injury of a player.

I think that the thread morphed out of some of the posts I put out here yesterday. So, I just want to be clear about what I meant. I don't think GRC is dodging Mason. I do think it's appropriate to point out that when Rowan County cancelled Mason, they were ridiculed by both schools posters. You can call it apples and oranges all you like. Pumpkins and pomegranates if that floats your boat. Just a bit hypocritical in my opinion. No mention of Rowan's safety concerns. Of course this board isn't inundated with posters from Rowan Co.

 

Good luck to both teams when they do finally make this one up.:thumb:

Mason County thought they had a small glimmer of hope with Robbie hurt! No one wants to say let's play when he is healthy so we can beat you at your best! GRC has played the best the state has literally! Why you think they would back down from Mason for any reason is beyond me. Be patient Mason fans you'll get to see this team soon enough! With or without Robbie you don't have a chance!:popcorn::rolleyes::ohbrother:

Mason County thought they had a small glimmer of hope with Robbie hurt! No one wants to say let's play when he is healthy so we can beat you at your best! GRC has played the best the state has literally! Why you think they would back down from Mason for any reason is beyond me. Be patient Mason fans you'll get to see this team soon enough! With or without Robbie you don't have a chance!:popcorn::rolleyes::ohbrother:

 

So just how disappointed will you be when you get beat?:idunno:We have nothing to loose here were not suppose to win were ranked liked 30th your 6th i mean hey if we loose were supposed to right if we win then its a major upset..:lol:

The decision was made by the transportation Adm. NOT by the coaches or as some are suggesting, the injury of a player.

 

Thank you for that post. I thought I was the only person that knew that. Oh by the way, on my way home from lexington at 8:30 it was sleeting.

Mason Co. should be tickled to death they didn't get to play, gives them another chance for excuses and ego trips. The forcast I heard all day long was rain turning to snow around 5-6 o'clock, but then again Mason County doesn't always see or hear things the same as the rest of the State.:notworthy::notworthy::isurrender::popcorn::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Mason Co. should be tickled to death they didn't get to play, gives them another chance for excuses and ego trips. The forcast I heard all day long was rain turning to snow around 5-6 o'clock, but then again Mason County doesn't always see or hear things the same as the rest of the State.:notworthy::notworthy::isurrender::popcorn::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Wow. Ego trip? How many titles Bracken have?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.