Who would be the #1 pick right now ?

Wildcat Dad

Patterson is UK's current version of Chuck Hayes - great team player, great work ethic, very smart on the floor. His stock will go up at the workouts if he declares and he will be even better in the NBA than he is in college.

Wall is #1 on every mock draft I have seen, and I have seen a lot of them. Walter site says think Derrick Rose.

Cousins' stock is rising but maturity questions will likely keep him from being a top 5 pick, maybe even keep him out of the top 10. Walter says = Zach Randolph. Here is a link to a great scouting report on Cousins http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/

Patterson is holding steady between 8-12 in the mock drafts I have seen. Walter says = Kenyon Martin

Downey - I have only seen him listed in one mock draft and that was as the second to last pick in the draft.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way Wall isn't #1 is if a team that's already set at the point gets the pick...and even in that situation I think the odds are pretty good that he still goes first.

I still think Cousins will go #2, but that one is not as certain. In any case, I'd be shocked to see him still on the board at #6.

I believe Duke had #2 and #3 the year with Jay Williams and Mike Dunleavy but I'll look it up.

Correct.

Yao Ming went #1. Jason Williams was #2 & Mike Dunleavy Jr. was #3. So, Duke had the 1st 2 college players taken but not the top 2 in the draft...

Both Williams & Dunleavy were early entries, too. They left after their junior year.

Patterson is UK's current version of Chuck Hayes - great team player, great work ethic, very smart on the floor. His stock will go up at the workouts if he declares and he will be even better in the NBA than he is in college.

Wall is #1 on every mock draft I have seen, and I have seen a lot of them. Walter site says think Derrick Rose.

Cousins' stock is rising but maturity questions will likely keep him from being a top 5 pick, maybe even keep him out of the top 10. Walter says = Zach Randolph. Here is a link to a great scouting report on Cousins http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/

Patterson is holding steady between 8-12 in the mock drafts I have seen. Walter says = Kenyon Martin

Downey - I have only seen him listed in one mock draft and that was as the second to last pick in the draft.

I hope you are right...but I don't see it. I'd say career averages of 10 and 6 maybe.

I think it depends, there are some places that drafting Wall might not be as plausible as others. I don't see why you would give up on Devin Harris if you are in New Jersey, Harris isn't the problem, everyone other than he and Lopez are. I think this is the case for the Timberwolves, Clippers, and Kings. Each have decent point guard play already, or-in the case of Minnesota, and to a lesser extent Sacramento, have drafted a point guard in the last draft. These places I would think either Cousins, Turner, or Wes Johnson would be better fits. The Knicks, Wizards, and Warriors would be decent fits for J. Wall. IMO

I think it depends, there are some places that drafting Wall might not be as plausible as others. I don't see why you would give up on Devin Harris if you are in New Jersey, Harris isn't the problem, everyone other than he and Lopez are. I think this is the case for the Timberwolves, Clippers, and Kings. Each have decent point guard play already, or-in the case of Minnesota, and to a lesser extent Sacramento, have drafted a point guard in the last draft. These places I would think either Cousins, Turner, or Wes Johnson would be better fits. The Knicks, Wizards, and Warriors would be decent fits for J. Wall. IMO

The Nets would 100% draft Wall. Harris is super athletic and can most likely be effective at the 2, or at least bring a fairly nice return in a trade.

The Nets would 100% draft Wall. Harris is super athletic and can most likely be effective at the 2, or at least bring a fairly nice return in a trade.

I don't see why though, it's not like adding John Wall makes the Nets a contender in their division, let alone the East IMO. There are far more holes in that team than just a guard. And to your second point, I've always liked D-Harris, and I can't remember him playing the 2, either in college, Dallas or NJ. The Nets are bad because they traded away their best offensive weapon for a pair of 8 ppg guards, and a benchwarmer IMO. I just don't see why you trade Harris away to make room for Wall, he was an all-star last season, and he's fairly young. I don't think the Nets will even end up with the #1 pick, it doesn't seem like the team that has the worst record ever wins the lottery anymore.

I don't see why though, it's not like adding John Wall makes the Nets a contender in their division, let alone the East IMO. There are far more holes in that team than just a guard. And to your second point, I've always liked D-Harris, and I can't remember him playing the 2, either in college, Dallas or NJ. The Nets are bad because they traded away their best offensive weapon for a pair of 8 ppg guards, and a benchwarmer IMO. I just don't see why you trade Harris away to make room for Wall, he was an all-star last season, and he's fairly young. I don't think the Nets will even end up with the #1 pick, it doesn't seem like the team that has the worst record ever wins the lottery anymore.

Well, one reason is that there's a lot of talk of LeBron going to the Nets next season. Tell me a team with Lopez, LeBron, Harris, and Wall wouldn't instantly become a big-time player in the East?

It would, but what if he doesn't go? Then you're stuck with a center, two point guards, and no wings/other bigs. I would say Wes Johnson-I don't know what position he really is, I'd say he's a 4, or Cousins, or Favors, along with Harris, LBJ, and Lopez would be just as good eventually-if not better. It's all at how you look at it though. As I said, the Nets probably won't get the #1 pick anyway, I bet it's the Timberwolves.

None of those teams have PG's of the caliber that would allow them to pass on Wall, IMO.

The T-Wolves are interesting because they have Flynn and the rights to Ricky Rubio. If they think they can get Rubio, why on earth would they pick another PG. Possibly, I'd trade the rights to Rubio and add Wall.

I just don't think you can pass on a talent like Wall because you have a Devin Harris or someone comparable. Wall will be a top 5 PG for a decade or longer, and could possibly be the best in the league for much of that time.

Guys like Wall and Cousins are going to be even better at the next level. The NBA game will allow them to flourish even more, IMO.

We've seen the best Harris can be. John Wall will exceed that very quickly into his career. He's a difference maker, a game-changer. A guy they can build around for the next decade and could possibly give them the top player in the league at that position. The presence of Lopez lessens the need to add a big like Cousins or someone else. And, Harris just isn't good enough to justify passing on someone of Wall's talent level and potential.

Well, one reason is that there's a lot of talk of LeBron going to the Nets next season. Tell me a team with Lopez, LeBron, Harris, and Wall wouldn't instantly become a big-time player in the East?

If the Nets land the #1 pick and get Lebron...wow. That will be a turnaround similar to what Boston did by adding Allen and KG...it probably won't result in an immediate title, but it will bring them a more long-term answer.

The Nets would be in position to dominate the eastern conference for several years if Wall reaches his potential and Lopez continues to develop. That team would be fun to watch. James and Wall are so fast getting down the court, they'd be a nightmare open-court duo. I'd like to see it.

It would, but what if he doesn't go? Then you're stuck with a center, two point guards, and no wings/other bigs. I would say Wes Johnson-I don't know what position he really is, I'd say he's a 4, or Cousins, or Favors, along with Harris, LBJ, and Lopez would be just as good eventually-if not better. It's all at how you look at it though. As I said, the Nets probably won't get the #1 pick anyway, I bet it's the Timberwolves.

Seems like the worst team rarely wins the lotto.

If the T-Wolves get the pick, there would be a lot of drama I'd assume because they picked Flynn and Rubio last year.

Wesley Johnson at the 4? He's 6'7'' 200+ pounds.

Wesley Johnson is a 3, maybe a 2, in the NBA.

I've never seen two players I thought played more alike. I think in the worst case scenario Cousins turns into Randolph in the NBA, a productive post guy with an attitude. I think he could be alot better though it's all up to him IMO.

I don't disagree...I do think he is taller than Randolph, though. That is why I think he plays center.