Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who would be the #1 pick right now ?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Cousins won't be playing anything but PF at the next level.

 

Why you say that 6'11 280 ?:idunno:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cousins won't be playing anything but PF at the next level.

 

He is built to play center, IMO.

 

Listed at 6'11" and 270 lbs.

 

Unless his measurables shake out that he is really closer to 6'8" or 6'9", he is going to be a center.

 

He just isn't built to guard the athletic PF like a Chris Bosh, KG, LaMarcus Aldridge on the like on the perimeter. He is built to use his bulk on the inside and he can play with his back to the basket. His face-up offensive game is in need of improvement if he wants to play 4 in the NBA. He would probably need to drop like 20-30 lbs also so that he can run with the likes of the guys mentioned if he plays PF.

 

Just my opinion...:thumb:

The Nets, who have the worst record and best chance of picking number 1, would actually be set at the two positions that Wall and Cousins would occupy (Center- Brook Lopez, PG- Devin Harris). That being said, how could a team not take Wall?

A team with an already proven NBA point guard. I have no idea what plans NJ have but I would try and fill another position such as a wing player who can score instead of drafting a PG.

Why you say that 6'11 280 ?:idunno:

 

Well, for one thing I would bet that once he gets to the summer workouts they're going to find he magically shrank a couple inches, because that's what almost always happens, especially with the bigger guys.

Could always trade the pick.

 

Any chance that Favors is the #1?

 

I would take the Lawall kid from GT over Favors.

 

He is built to play center, IMO.

 

Listed at 6'11" and 270 lbs.

 

Unless his measurables shake out that he is really closer to 6'8" or 6'9", he is going to be a center.

 

He just isn't built to guard the athletic PF like a Chris Bosh, KG, LaMarcus Aldridge on the like on the perimeter. He is built to use his bulk on the inside and he can play with his back to the basket. His face-up offensive game is in need of improvement if he wants to play 4 in the NBA. He would probably need to drop like 20-30 lbs also so that he can run with the likes of the guys mentioned if he plays PF.

 

Just my opinion...:thumb:

 

Cousins reminds me of Zach Randolph. I think they are clones of each other.

 

Cousins reminds me of Zach Randolph. I think they are clones of each other.

 

Thats a pretty good comparison.

Wall is number one. Period. Cousins has played himself into the top 10, and Patterson the last few games has played himself out of the top 10. I don't know what is wrong with PPatt, but there has to be something there. He has lost his aggressiveness.

Wall is number one. Period. Cousins has played himself into the top 10, and Patterson the last few games has played himself out of the top 10. I don't know what is wrong with PPatt, but there has to be something there. He has lost his aggressiveness.
They could potentially play 19 more games.
Thats a pretty good comparison.

 

I've never seen two players I thought played more alike. I think in the worst case scenario Cousins turns into Randolph in the NBA, a productive post guy with an attitude. I think he could be alot better though it's all up to him IMO.

I've never seen two players I thought played more alike. I think in the worst case scenario Cousins turns into Randolph in the NBA, a productive post guy with an attitude. I think he could be alot better though it's all up to him IMO.

 

Randolph seems to be maturing and moving away from the attitude so far this year, I believe.

Cousins leads the nation in points per minute and rebounds per minute according to Cal.

Wall will be the #1 pick and there's a pretty good chance Cousins may go #2.

  • Author

:thumb:

Wall will be the #1 pick and there's a pretty good chance Cousins may go #2.
Wall will be the #1 pick and there's a pretty good chance Cousins may go #2.

 

Has any school had the #1 and #2 picks before?

I believe Duke had #2 and #3 the year with Jay Williams and Mike Dunleavy but I'll look it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.