Dayton 41 Beechwood 39

The coach in question has been around Dayton A few years hard to believe he would say anything derogatory to any adult more less to a kid.He is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I think the refs try to let some rough play go at first and then had a hard time controlling the game when it started to get out of hand. But all in all it was a goodnight of basketball.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach in question has been around Dayton A few years hard to believe he would say anything derogatory to any adult more less to a kid.He is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I think the refs try to let some rough play go at first and then had a hard time controlling the game when it started to get out of hand. But all in all it was a goodnight of basketball.

No chance we're talking about Coach Patton talking trash to a kid. I had his team last year and commented that a certain player was getting a little feisty and he immediately took him out of the game. Unnecessary from my view but he said the kid needed to cool his heels. Easily top 2 or 3 nicest coaches in NKY.

I can assure you that there are two sides to this story and the truth is more than likely somewhere in between. I have heard a little different version, of course.

Maybe you were one of the parties involved, but if you weren't then you don't know what the truth is

I do know that Dayton has that part of the game on tape and the tape never lies.

As far as punishment goes, not really sure how the AD recieved a tech but no foul shots were shot :confused: and any punishment other than that would be off of total hearsay (one story against another), with no actual ejections taking place I just don't see anything else coming from this.

If Dayton has the tape ... they may want to burn it then ....

Because it revolves around a "physical" situation as much as verbal.

As disgusting as the verbal piece was ... I doubt that the receiving party cared too much.

Overall ... I would say that anyone would be hard pressed to find one negative about the Beechwood AD. He is ... and always has been a stand up guy who looks at both sides of the equation before he takes action. He definitely does not take any smack from the Beechwood kids. So if they did something to provoke this ... then you would not have seen the type of reaction to the situation that occurred.

To be fair ... this took place during the Reserve game. I think that it is important that people keep that in the proper perspective.

If Dayton has the tape ... they may want to burn it then ....

Because it revolves around a "physical" situation as much as verbal.

As disgusting as the verbal piece was ... I doubt that the receiving party cared too much.

Overall ... I would say that anyone would be hard pressed to find one negative about the Beechwood AD. He is ... and always has been a stand up guy who looks at both sides of the equation before he takes action. He definitely does not take any smack from the Beechwood kids. So if they did something to provoke this ... then you would not have seen the type of reaction to the situation that occurred.

To be fair ... this took place during the Reserve game. I think that it is important that people keep that in the proper perspective.

Lots of stories flying around. If one of them is true in regards to words being used I'd back up the BW AD all day long.

Lots of stories flying around. If one of them is true in regards to words being used I'd back up the BW AD all day long.

Also, if anyone knows the BW kid that was called these offensive, derogatory names, you would know he would never have provoked this situation. One of the best, humble, good all around kids you could meet. I feel bad for him that he has to go through this because he is an outstanding athelete.

If no one wants to comment on the actual game this thread should probably be closed.

With so many people commenting on a situation that they were, more than likely, not a part of it will just continue to be the he said/she said stuff. Not to mention that the incident being talked about was during a JV game. Whatever did or did not happen will surely be hashed out with the parties involved and the proper school administrators and it should be left at that.

It is pretty clear that every athlete from Beechwood is an angel and all of their coaches and administration would and could never hurt a fly :rolleyes:

All that this chatter on here is doing is taking away from a great win by the Dayton VARSITY basketball team. A win that they have been working extremely hard to get and one that deserves to be celebrated.

It doesn't surprise me that the Beechwood faithful wouldn't want to talk about the loss, but there are a handful that are quick to post on the other Greendevil threads downplaying any win they get and saying how the conference title is not a given for the Greendevils. (same people that said Beechwood deserved NKY top 10 consideration after losing to Holmes by 15 :sssh:) The conference is still up for grabs, but the Grendevils just took a huge leap towards being the favorite.

...so how about talking basketball?

Perhaps a bigger loss for the Tigers than the game, is the loss of Cruse whom I've heard is out for the season after going down in the 1st Quarter. I'm sure the game would have been a lot different if he plays, since Dayton would have had a problem with his size.

Congrats to Dayton on the victory. I heard Dayton brought a large crowd to Fort Mitchell for the game. It is something to build off of, even if they lose a boat load of seniors after this season. Hopefully they can build a program like Beechwood, in which new players step up each season. I know the Tigers have their sets sight on a making it to the region, rather than another DIII crown, but the loss of Cruse will certainly have an impact.

They are not all anges but that gives them no ground to call one of our players a racial slur!

No one should ever be called a racial slur regardless of any situation, but again you are commenting on something you "heard" but did not witness or actually hear.

I do have a question though? Is "white trailor trash" considered a racial slur? Just wondering what the consensis is on that. That is not the statement in question though for those of you wondering.

No one should ever be called a racial slur regardless of any situation, but again you are commenting on something you "heard" but did not witness or actually hear.

I do have a question though? Is "white trailor trash" considered a racial slur? Just wondering what the consensis is on that. That is not the statement in question though for those of you wondering.

Not racial but a major dig at a person's socieconomic status. Some folks cannot help where they were born and raised.