Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 41 Beechwood 39

Featured Replies

  • Author
What happened in this game for people to be tossed?

 

No one got tossed from this game. Beechwood's AD got tossed at the end of the jv game. I'm not really sure what happened, all that I know is that he got into the face of the Dayton JV coach while the game was going on and he got ejected.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one got tossed from this game. Beechwood's AD got tossed at the end of the jv game. I'm not really sure what happened, all that I know is that he got into the face of the Dayton JV coach while the game was going on and he got ejected.

 

Wow. Of all the ejections that happen in high schools sports, I think I've seen the AD gets tossed about as much as the popcorn vendors and equipment managers.

No one got tossed from this game. Beechwood's AD got tossed at the end of the jv game. I'm not really sure what happened, all that I know is that he got into the face of the Dayton JV coach while the game was going on and he got ejected.

 

Wow. Of all the ejections that happen in high schools sports, I think I've seen the AD get tossed about as many times as the popcorn vendors and equipment managers.

  • Author
Wow. Of all the ejections that happen in high schools sports, I think I've seen the AD get tossed about as many times as the popcorn vendors and equipment managers.

 

It was strange, it was a first for me.

  • Author
I heard there was some interesting moments in this game, including a few people thrown out and an interesting finish with a turnover and a runout layup for the win? Good win for the Devils.

 

The finish was very interesting. Dayton was up from 5-11 for much of the 2nd half and then Beechwood went on a nice run. Beechwood tied it up late and then Dayton turned it over with about 1 minute to go.

 

Beechwood ran the clock down to about 15 seconds and then started their offesne (Dayton was in a 2-3 zone), one of the Beechwood guards threw a pass to the top of the key from the wing and Cody Turner jumped it and got out in front for a break away layup. He was caught from behind and fouled hard which resulted in an intentional foul with 2.1 seconds left. He made 2 free throws and that was the game.

 

And thinking of it, he only shot 3 free throws instead of 4. Beechwood got the rebound and then the clock started after the 3rd free throw.

Beechwood ran the clock down to about 15 seconds and then started their offesne (Dayton was in a 2-3 zone), one of the Beechwood guards threw a pass to the top of the key from the wing and Cody Turner jumped it and got out in front for a break away layup. He was caught from behind and fouled hard which resulted in an intentional foul with 2.1 seconds left. He made 2 free throws and that was the game.

 

And thinking of it, he only shot 3 free throws instead of 4. Beechwood got the rebound and then the clock started after the 3rd free throw.

 

I'm not following.

 

Did he get fouled shooting? Did the shot go in?

 

Was there an intentional foul called? If so, free throws are shot with no one in the lane. Dayton would then get the ball OOB for a throw-in. How did BW get a rebound?

  • Author
I'm not following.

 

Did he get fouled shooting? Did the shot go in?

 

Was there an intentional foul called? If so, free throws are shot with no one in the lane. Dayton would then get the ball OOB for a throw-in. How did BW get a rebound?

 

I was wrong, I forgot the actual sequence of events amidst all the excitement. He was intentionally fouled while shooting, made his free throws with no one in the lane, and then when Dayton threw the ball in bounds he was fouled again and missed the front end of the 1 and 1. My mistake.

A good win for a team that has worked hard. Nice to see Dayton fans Show up there cheering. It was loud all night almost felt like a home game.

From what I read in the paper sounded like he got fouled on tge bust out while shooting and he sank em both. Beechwood took it out and couldn't get a shot off with 3 ticks remaining.

  • Author
From what I read in the paper sounded like he got fouled on tge bust out while shooting and he sank em both. Beechwood took it out and couldn't get a shot off with 3 ticks remaining.

 

That's pretty much correct except they didn't get to take it out. They got the rebound off of his missed free throw on the 1 and 1 and couldn't get the shot off will 3 ticks.

  • Author
A good win for a team that has worked hard. Nice to see Dayton fans Show up there cheering. It was loud all night almost felt like a home game.

 

Amen! The fans were great.

Congrats to Dayton on a big win for their program!! From the looks of the paper today, apparently somebody still follows the NKAC races?? :D

No one got tossed from this game. Beechwood's AD got tossed at the end of the jv game. I'm not really sure what happened, all that I know is that he got into the face of the Dayton JV coach while the game was going on and he got ejected.

 

The story is there was some offensive language (not just profanity) being directed by one of Dayton's players toward one of Beechwood players. Then the JV coach directed some profanity at one of the Beechwood players and the AD said that is enough. At which point he got in the face of the JV coach and basically told him you are not going to speak to any players in my gym like that. The officials gave the AD a T but when they found out he was the school's AD, they allowed him to stay in the gym.

The story is there was some offensive language (not just profanity) being directed by one of Dayton's players toward one of Beechwood players. Then the JV coach directed some profanity at one of the Beechwood players and the AD said that is enough. At which point he got in the face of the JV coach and basically told him you are not going to speak to any players in my gym like that. The officials gave the AD a T but when they found out he was the school's AD, they allowed him to stay in the gym.

 

I had heard this but wasn't sure if it was against the rules to post. Apparently this is going to lead to some major punishment. Some things you just don't say or do in this day and age.

  • Author
The story is there was some offensive language (not just profanity) being directed by one of Dayton's players toward one of Beechwood players. Then the JV coach directed some profanity at one of the Beechwood players and the AD said that is enough. At which point he got in the face of the JV coach and basically told him you are not going to speak to any players in my gym like that. The officials gave the AD a T but when they found out he was the school's AD, they allowed him to stay in the gym.

 

I can assure you that there are two sides to this story and the truth is more than likely somewhere in between. I have heard a little different version, of course.

 

Maybe you were one of the parties involved, but if you weren't then you don't know what the truth is

 

I do know that Dayton has that part of the game on tape and the tape never lies.

 

As far as punishment goes, not really sure how the AD recieved a tech but no foul shots were shot :confused: and any punishment other than that would be off of total hearsay (one story against another), with no actual ejections taking place I just don't see anything else coming from this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.