Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke

Featured Replies

Are they playing how you thought they would play, overachieving so far or were they underrated coming into the season? Besides the game they lost to Wisconsin, 11 of their 13 wins have been absolute massacres.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are about where I expected them. They have a very nice team IMO.

They've been playing well, but their schedule hasn't been overly difficult.

 

Gonzaga was a good win, but that was on a neutral floor.

 

UCONN is a good win too, but once again, it is on a neutral floor.

 

Duke has played one tough road game and lost, at Wisconsin.

 

Duke drilled Clemson, but Clemson's best wins are over Butler & South Carolina. I'd expect them to win both, although Butler is highly ranked.

 

All in all, Duke has taken care of business, which is really all that you can ask for. We'll find out a lot more about where they stand now that conference play is beginning.

Duke will be a team to reckon with in March, as usual.

Wisconsin is a tough venue to play at with Bo Ryan coaching. I believe he is something like 130 and 10 at home over his career. I was disappointed that Duke did lose and it was a really great game to watch, but not many have won at the Kohl Center since 2001.

They've been playing well, but their schedule hasn't been overly difficult.

 

Gonzaga was a good win, but that was on a neutral floor.

 

UCONN is a good win too, but once again, it is on a neutral floor.

 

Duke has played one tough road game and lost, at Wisconsin.

 

Duke drilled Clemson, but Clemson's best wins are over Butler & South Carolina. I'd expect them to win both, although Butler is highly ranked.

 

All in all, Duke has taken care of business, which is really all that you can ask for. We'll find out a lot more about where they stand now that conference play is beginning.

 

 

I'm not sure why you state it's a good win, but on a neutral floor. The NCAA tournament games are on a neutral floor.

Duke will be a team to reckon with in March, as usual.

 

Until the Sweet 16 as Usual.:thumb:

Duke will be a team to reckon with in March, as usual.

 

They've not been the the Elite 8 since 2004 I believe and haven't been to the Sweet 16 in 2 of the last 3 years. Duke is better this year than they have been in a while IMO, but I don't think they are on the same level as UK (feels good to say that again :lol:), Texas, Kansas, Villanova, Purdue, Syracuse, and UNC (by February I look for UNC to be much improved!)

Duke will make the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8. I worry that they are peaking too early, which has been a problem this decade, but with the right seed(I predict a #1 seed) and good match ups, this team wouldn't surprise me at all if they made the Final Four. I am approaching this season with guarded optimism.

 

Duke has 1 loss more than UK and given UK's youth and inexperience, I like Duke's chances to beat UK on a neutral court. A month ago, I thought UK was better than Duke, but I don't believe that anymore. I am not afraid of UK anymore. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

 

Duke will win it all 2010-2011 and that is where my head is currently at, but they have been a lot better this year than I expected.

 

Duke has 1 loss more than UK and given UK's youth and inexperience, I like Duke's chances to beat UK on a neutral court. A month ago, I thought UK was better than Duke, but I don't believe that anymore. I am not afraid of UK anymore. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

 

As do I. UK is still comprised of Freshman. Talented, but Freshman. Experience goes a long way and Duke can really turn up the defensive pressure.
Duke will be a team to reckon with in March, as usual.

 

Until they have to play a game outside of North Carolina.

As do I. UK is still comprised of Freshman. Talented, but Freshman. Experience goes a long way and Duke can really turn up the defensive pressure.

 

Freshmen aren't really considered frehsmen anymore come March...after they've played a full season of college basketball. At least IMO.

Duke will make the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8. I worry that they are peaking too early, which has been a problem this decade, but with the right seed(I predict a #1 seed) and good match ups, this team wouldn't surprise me at all if they made the Final Four. I am approaching this season with guarded optimism.

 

Duke has 1 loss more than UK and given UK's youth and inexperience, I like Duke's chances to beat UK on a neutral court. A month ago, I thought UK was better than Duke, but I don't believe that anymore. I am not afraid of UK anymore. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

 

Duke will win it all 2010-2011 and that is where my head is currently at, but they have been a lot better this year than I expected.

 

HAHA. Duke would be left in the dust, UK would run them up and down the floor. UK is way more athletic and fast and that has proved anough thus far this season.

Duke is much better than I thought they would be so far this season! Scheyer has turned into a monster. Don't ridicule me but based on productivity and stats alone Scheyer is one of if not THE best guard in college basketball. He has taken his game to another level. Smith is playing really well and shooting the ball close to 50% from 3. Singler is Singler, he's struggling but we are still winning. And for the first time we are getting good play from our big men. Thomas has really stepped up and is playing great defense and scoring well, the two plumlee brothers are playing very well, and even big Zoubeck is contributing. He was awful his first three years but this year he is second to Demarcus Cousins in rebounds per minutes played in the NCAA. The fresh Dawkins can shoot the lights out too. I'm cautious about this season because we weren't supposed to be this good so I'm taking this season slow and seeing how we do, but boy am I pleased for as of now. I'd be pleased with an Elite 8 appearance this year. As the other poster said, 2010-11 will be Duke's year.

Duke will make the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8. I worry that they are peaking too early, which has been a problem this decade, but with the right seed(I predict a #1 seed) and good match ups, this team wouldn't surprise me at all if they made the Final Four. I am approaching this season with guarded optimism.

 

Duke has 1 loss more than UK and given UK's youth and inexperience, I like Duke's chances to beat UK on a neutral court. A month ago, I thought UK was better than Duke, but I don't believe that anymore. I am not afraid of UK anymore. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

 

Duke will win it all 2010-2011 and that is where my head is currently at, but they have been a lot better this year than I expected.

 

 

Wont they lose Sheyer, Singler, Thomas and Zoubek this year?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.