Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke

Featured Replies

  • Replies 102
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crow anyone?

 

About what?

About what?

 

I guess you missed the debate we had about how UK would beat Duke. PP claims his Dukies could beat the Cats. I think today shows the Blue Devils can't handle a team of athletes. And that was my point exactly. UK has surperior athletes to GT and they beat Duke. I don't think UK would have a problem.

I guess you missed the debate we had about how UK would beat Duke. PP claims his Dukies could beat the Cats. I think today shows the Blue Devils can't handle a team of athletes. And that was my point exactly. UK has surperior athletes to GT and they beat Duke. I don't think UK would have a problem.

 

Uconn didn't have superior athletes to Duke? :confused: Duke manhandled Uconn the entire game. I honestly believe Duke WOULD give UK a great game if not beat them because they are smart. Losing to Tech has no bearings in a UK/Duke matchup. Nice try though...

Duke is very underrated when it comes to their athleticism IMO too...

I still think UK-Duke would be a good game. I hope to see the teams in the same bracked 1 & 2, I think that would be an awesome match up and the media would really play it up.

Uconn didn't have superior athletes to Duke? :confused: Duke manhandled Uconn the entire game. I honestly believe Duke WOULD give UK a great game if not beat them because they are smart. Losing to Tech has no bearings in a UK/Duke matchup. Nice try though...

 

Haha. Please, twist it anyway you want. Duke would out smart UK now? Didn't work against Tech won't work against the Cats. 16-0... Enough said.

Haha. Please, twist it anyway you want. Duke would out smart UK now? Didn't work against Tech won't work against the Cats. 16-0... Enough said.

 

Duke is one of if not the smartest team in America on a consistent yearly basis. That's why they are always so good. Duke had a bad game today, twist it any way you want. Your athleticism arguement does not fly though... UK would "not have a problem with them" doesn't make any sense to me...:confused:

Duke is one of if not the smartest team in America on a consistent yearly basis. That's why they are always so good. Duke had a bad game today, twist it any way you want. Your athleticism arguement does not fly though... UK would "not have a problem with them" doesn't make any sense to me...:confused:

 

What leads me to beleive anything else. It (athleticism) got us a win against UNC and Conn. I'm a beleiver. Plus if you read previous posts the athelticisim is not my only argument. UK would dominate on the boards as well.

What leads me to beleive anything else. It (athleticism) got us a win against UNC and Conn. I'm a beleiver. Plus if you read previous posts the athelticisim is not my only argument. UK would dominate on the boards as well.

 

UK would win the battle of the boards against most teams in the nation. But Duke is better in the frontcourt this year compared to years past and I don't believe it would be a huge margin. Zoubek(when in) is 2nd in the nation behind Cousins in the rebounds/mins played average. Add that along with the two Plumlees and Thomas and Singler I think Duke could hang. I'm not saying Duke would win, we won't know unless they play in the tourny. But I do believe Duke would atleast give UK some problems...

Regardless of the outcome of today's game I still think Duke would beat UK on a neutral court at this current moment. Go back and look at the argument where I said we can revisit the argument in March after conference play. Not to mention, UK escaped with a home win over UGA while Duke lost on the road. Be careful about gloating before UK travels to Vandy, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee. I never said they'd go undefeated and the only crow I have to eat is if Duke doesn't win it all next year, which they will. Nice try though. I'd really love to see Duke and UK play now because I would love to see what you have to say if Duke pulled off the upset of the new century and actually beat UK.

UK would win the battle of the boards against most teams in the nation. But Duke is better in the frontcourt this year compared to years past and I don't believe it would be a huge margin. Zoubek(when in) is 2nd in the nation behind Cousins in the rebounds/mins played average. Add that along with the two Plumlees and Thomas and Singler I think Duke could hang. I'm not saying Duke would win, we won't know unless they play in the tourny. But I do believe Duke would atleast give UK some problems...

 

Zoubek is a beast on the boards. IMO he's the worst offensive player I've ever seen at that type of program, but he would be problems for UK because he is so physical.

Zoubek is a beast on the boards. IMO he's the worst offensive player I've ever seen at that type of program, but he would be problems for UK because he is so physical.

 

Demarcus Cousins doesn't mind a physical game.

Connecticut is way more athletic than Duke and Duke beat Connecticut way more handily than UK did. On the same court that UK played Connecticut on. Cats3X was at the Duke-UConn game. He knows Duke wouldn't be left in the dust.

 

....

 

The Duke-UK matchup as of 1-7-10 favors Duke, IMO. Clean some of these things up by March and we can revisit this.:popcorn:

 

Welp, Georgia beat Georgia Tech. Kentucky beat Georgia, and Duke lost to Georgia Tech.

 

So, applying PurplePride's logic, Kentucky would be favored as of 1-9-10, right?

 

Oh, by the way. Duke plays a true road game and loses...again. Is that why they won't play anyone on the road?

Demarcus Cousins doesn't mind a physical game.

 

I know, I just worry about his foul troubles.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.