January 7, 201016 yr Scheyer vs. John Wall would be a funny matchup. That is the reason I don't think Duke could beat UK. Scheyer is good, but I don't see him being able to guard Wall, or even Bledsoe. I think they would terrorize him when he has the ball as well. JMO.
January 7, 201016 yr [/b] Wont they lose Sheyer, Singler, Thomas and Zoubek this year? Not Singler. Scheyer will be the only big loss. Thomas will be replaced by the Plumlee brothers and Zoubek is used sparingly this year. Duke's starters next year should be Kyrie Irving/Nolan Smith, Seth Curry(huge add, some say he's best player for them this year in practice), Singler, and the Plumlees. With Dawkins, the other of Irving/Smith, Kelly, Hairston (frosh) and Thornton (frosh). They are still in on a couple more Forwards that are ranked in the top 50 too I believe. They will be one of if not THE best team in the nation.
January 7, 201016 yr Not Singler. Scheyer will be the only big loss. Thomas will be replaced by the Plumlee brothers and Zoubek is used sparingly this year. Duke's starters next year should be Kyrie Irving/Nolan Smith, Seth Curry(huge add, some say he's best player for them this year in practice), Singler, and the Plumlees. With Dawkins, the other of Irving/Smith, Kelly, Hairston (frosh) and Thornton (frosh). They are still in on a couple more Forwards that are ranked in the top 50 too I believe. They will be one of if not THE best team in the nation. If Singler is as good as Duke fans make him out to be, there is no chance he's back next year. That team will be talented, but not dominant, especially without Singler.
January 7, 201016 yr If Singler is as good as Duke fans make him out to be, there is no chance he's back next year. That team will be talented, but not dominant, especially without Singler. He's struggled so far this season, and IMO, is hurting his stock so far. Before the season it was up in the air as to whether he'd come back for his senior season or not. Up until this point, he hasn't done anything to raise his stock.
January 7, 201016 yr I'm not sure why you state it's a good win, but on a neutral floor. The NCAA tournament games are on a neutral floor. It just irks me that Duke plays the majority of their respectable OOC opponents on a neutral floor, as opposed to doing a home & home series.
January 7, 201016 yr He's struggled so far this season, and IMO, is hurting his stock so far. Before the season it was up in the air as to whether he'd come back for his senior season or not. Up until this point, he hasn't done anything to raise his stock. Singler needs to stay. He's not athletic enough IMO to warrant a high draft pick. He would benefit from another year and would have a better shot at playing in the league. IMO he's probably a 3 @ the NBA level, which means he needs to do some work off the court.
January 7, 201016 yr I think we win it all without Singler next year......with Singler, I know we win it all. Next year's incoming class along with Smith, Dawkins, Plumlee brother and Kelly will be the most talented Duke team since 2001.
January 7, 201016 yr I think we win it all without Singler next year......with Singler, I know we win it all. Next year's incoming class along with Smith, Dawkins, Plumlee brother and Kelly will be the most talented Duke team since 2001. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
January 7, 201016 yr It just irks me that Duke plays the majority of their respectable OOC opponents on a neutral floor, as opposed to doing a home & home series. I can remember them playing at Michigan last season or the season before last. Beyond that, with the exception of the Big 10/ACC challenge that they are forced to play on the road every other year, I cannot think of Duke's last true road game or home & home with another BCS school.
January 7, 201016 yr I think we win it all without Singler next year......with Singler, I know we win it all. Next year's incoming class along with Smith, Dawkins, Plumlee brother and Kelly will be the most talented Duke team since 2001. Ok, seriously, this post cracks me up....:lol: It's good to have confidence in your team, but odds say you are going to be eating a heck of a lot of crow with this.
January 7, 201016 yr I think we win it all without Singler next year......with Singler, I know we win it all. Next year's incoming class along with Smith, Dawkins, Plumlee brother and Kelly will be the most talented Duke team since 2001. Well, get more excited if you believe this because Singler will likely be back. The majority of the mock drafts don't even have him listed as a first round pick. The few that do, have him at the end of the first round.
January 8, 201016 yr Well, get more excited if you believe this because Singler will likely be back. The majority of the mock drafts don't even have him listed as a first round pick. The few that do, have him at the end of the first round. Duke may worry about losing Nolan Smith with him having a very good season right now.
January 8, 201016 yr Duke has a nice team and they are very good,but my Cats can hang with anyone,so I would love a match between Duke and UK. So,just like PP said,bring it on.:thumb:
January 8, 201016 yr If you guys dont think Duke will be a top 5 team next year you gotta be crazy :lol:. They will be loaded. So far this year I am loving this Duke team. Dawkins is turning into a stud already, not to mention Singler and Schyer are on fire. Thing that scares me like PP said they are peaking at the wrong time, hopefully it will continue into ACC play and into late March.
January 8, 201016 yr Ok, seriously, this post cracks me up....:lol: It's good to have confidence in your team, but odds say you are going to be eating a heck of a lot of crow with this. And when he's right you'll be eating a heck of a lot of crow as well
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.