Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke

Featured Replies

Oh no, I'd take UK's bigs on the boards over anyones. Should have clarified.

 

Oh, ok. Same here.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no team I'd take over UK either. Had Henry decided to come here UK would be unstoppable IMO. A scorer on the wing would be deadly with Wall, Patterson and Cousins.

There is no team I'd take over UK either. Had Henry decided to come here UK would be unstoppable IMO. A scorer on the wing would be deadly with Wall, Patterson and Cousins.

 

Yeah, but, I think they will do fine with Dodson and Miller out there.

We'll see how Duke does later in the season.

 

At this point, I don't think ANY matchup against Kentucky favors the other team. Too much NBA talent on the roster, but I digress.

 

I find it comical that, in your analysis, you rely on Cousins getting ejected, particularly since he's been ejected for a total of ZERO (0) times.

 

You should find it comical, I was being sarcastic referring to the "conspiracy theory" that Duke always gets all the calls. I was making a play on the Swop-Cousins scrum. I put the :sssh: smiley in there, but people tend to take my sarcasm seriously sometimes.

 

 

And also, there have been plenty of college teams that have had NBA talent that didn't win games when people thought they would. I seem to recall a rematch in the Final Four of 1991 between Duke and UNLV in which the entire world thought UNLV would win by 30 again because of their superior talent and athletic ability and lo and behold, slow, untalented non athletic Duke pulled off the upset. You could make the argument that UConn has more NBA talent than Duke, but Duke handled them in Madison Square Garden which is truly more of a home game for UConn than it is Duke.

Edited by PurplePride92

Kentucky has nothing to do with this thread.

 

Regardless, Kentucky plays home & home with Louisville, North Carolina & Indiana on a yearly basis. It just so happens that the only 2 worth a darn were at home this year.

 

I'd love to see a home & home series added between Kentucky & Duke. But no way that'll ever happen. If an annual matchup was to take place, it'd be at a neutral site...which would be alright by me.

 

Nonetheless, the point remains that Duke very rarely plays a true road game against a quality opponent outside of the ACC.

 

Okay, so they don't. Why does that matter anyways?

Again, I repeat....The Duke-UK matchup as of 1-7-10(today) favors Duke, IMO. I expect UK to get better and be better by March, but if these two met on Saturday, I would expect Duke to win it. Duke would easily be the best team UK has faced all year, and Duke has a better Coach on the sidelines. Between the 7.8 turnovers Wall and Bledsoe cough up per game and Coach K, I like Duke's chances.

 

Hopefully we can settle this on a neutral court in late March or early April. I ain't scared of UK anymore. John Wall is the greatest, but it won't matter. Bring it.

If they don't win it all in 2010-11, I'll come on here and eat crow, that's fine, but I have a very strong feeling I don't have to worry about that. Duke will be nasty next year. Wait and see............

 

I can't wait for the hate filled 2010-11 season.:popcorn:

 

UNC should loaded next year too...

 

Thompson and Ginyard only seniors, not to mention the youth behind them is more talented, to go along with getting the #1 ranked player (espn rankings).

 

Tobacco road should be fun, as always... :popcorn:

UNC should loaded next year too...

 

Thompson and Ginyard only seniors, not to mention the youth behind them is more talented, to go along with getting the #1 ranked player (espn rankings).

 

Tobacco road should be fun, as always... :popcorn:

 

Not worried about UNC at all...

Again, I repeat....The Duke-UK matchup as of 1-7-10(today) favors Duke, IMO. I expect UK to get better and be better by March, but if these two met on Saturday, I would expect Duke to win it. Duke would easily be the best team UK has faced all year, and Duke has a better Coach on the sidelines. Between the 7.8 turnovers Wall and Bledsoe cough up per game and Coach K, I like Duke's chances.

 

Hopefully we can settle this on a neutral court in late March or early April. I ain't scared of UK anymore. John Wall is the greatest, but it won't matter. Bring it.

 

I wouldn't go tha far to say Duke would be the best team UK has faced. UNC will give Duke fits IMO. Plus Roy Williams has basically owned Coach K since being at UNC.

I wouldn't go tha far to say Duke would be the best team UK has faced. UNC will give Duke fits IMO. Plus Roy Williams has basically owned Coach K since being at UNC.

 

This year, yes they would be. Record wise and overall team. Easily.

 

Roy Williams is 7-5 against Duke since coming to UNC and last year was the first time Roy has swept Duke. I hardly call that "owning" Coach K, but to each his own.:idunno:

This year, yes they would be. Record wise and overall team. Easily.

 

Roy Williams is 7-5 against Duke since coming to UNC and last year was the first time Roy has swept Duke. I hardly call that "owning" Coach K, but to each his own.:idunno:

 

UNC also sweeped Duke in 07. Also, UNC has won 5 of the last 6 games.

 

Duke won the 1st 2 games when Roy Williams got to UNC. After Williams had a year to get things going UNC has easily been on the upper hand. Since then UNC has been 7-3 against the Blue Devils.

UNC also sweeped Duke in 07. Also, UNC has won 5 of the last 6 games.

 

Duke won the 1st 2 games when Roy Williams got to UNC. After Williams had a year to get things going UNC has easily been on the upper hand. Since then UNC has been 7-3 against the Blue Devils.

 

Which still brings the overall record to 7-5 in which the adjective "owned" is the wrong adjective. Try using the words "recent success". If Duke sweeps the series this year, Ole Roy is 7-7 against Duke. If they meet in the ACC tourney and UNC loses to Duke again that would make Ole Roy 7-8 against Coach K, meaning Roy would not "own" Coach K, but rather, his recent success has come to an end. My only beef is with your adjective. He does not nor has ever "owned" Coach K and never will.

Which still brings the overall record to 7-5 in which the adjective "owned" is the wrong adjective. Try using the words "recent success". If Duke sweeps the series this year, Ole Roy is 7-7 against Duke. If they meet in the ACC tourney and UNC loses to Duke again that would make Ole Roy 7-8 against Coach K, meaning Roy would not "own" Coach K, but rather, his recent success has come to an end. My only beef is with your adjective. He does not nor has ever "owned" Coach K and never will.

 

Since losing the first 2 games with a shorthanded roster Williams is 7-3 since Coach K. Coach K better get at least one win this season or it will start to really tilt in Williams favor. The opposite of what you said could come true as well. If UNC were to sweep Duke then it would be 9-5 overall, 9-3 since his first year and 7 of 8. I don't think that will happen. Own might not be the correct word but Williams has enjoyed a decided advantage after his first season at UNC.

Which still brings the overall record to 7-5 in which the adjective "owned" is the wrong adjective. Try using the words "recent success". If Duke sweeps the series this year, Ole Roy is 7-7 against Duke. If they meet in the ACC tourney and UNC loses to Duke again that would make Ole Roy 7-8 against Coach K, meaning Roy would not "own" Coach K, but rather, his recent success has come to an end. My only beef is with your adjective. He does not nor has ever "owned" Coach K and never will.

 

Hes won 5 out of the last 6 against Coach K. It could be 7 out of the last 8 after this season. :p

Hes won 5 out of the last 6 against Coach K. It could be 7 out of the last 8 after this season. :p

 

No chance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.