Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke

Featured Replies

Welp, Georgia beat Georgia Tech. Kentucky beat Georgia, and Duke lost to Georgia Tech.

 

So, applying PurplePride's logic, Kentucky would be favored as of 1-9-10, right?

 

Oh, by the way. Duke plays a true road game and loses...again. Is that why they won't play anyone on the road?

 

Nope, because my logic was applied to a UK/Duke game on a neutral court.

 

Again, what road test has UK had thus far?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess you missed the debate we had about how UK would beat Duke. PP claims his Dukies could beat the Cats. I think today shows the Blue Devils can't handle a team of athletes. And that was my point exactly. UK has surperior athletes to GT and they beat Duke. I don't think UK would have a problem.

 

It's not like Tech mopped the floor with Duke. It was a close game throughout. Your words that started the debate was how UK would leave Duke in the dust. Not likely, big guy, not likely.

Nope, because my logic was applied to a UK/Duke game on a neutral court.

 

Again, what road test has UK had thus far?

 

Once again, my comment was directed at Duke and how they refuse to schedule true road games.

 

Kentucky, this season, has not had a true road test. They did play at Indiana, which is a fairly good test even though Indiana isn't a great team. Still, it is a rivalry game against a great program in a hostile environment. (Did I just say Indiana is a great program? Yuck.)

 

Since it didn't sink in the first time, I'll restate who Kentucky plays on the road. Kentucky plays a home & home series with Indiana, Louisville and North Carolina.

 

Let me make this as simple as possible for you:

 

1. These teams are not in Kentucky's conference, which means they do not have to play them.

 

2. Kentucky plays these teams on a "home & home" basis, which means that Kentucky plays AT their home venue one year and then they play AT Kentucky the next (or vice versa.)

 

3. Kentucky happened to play 2 of the 3 teams at home this year.

 

If you need additional help let me know. Hopefully this will clear things up. :thumb:

Once again, my comment was directed at Duke and how they refuse to schedule true road games.

 

Kentucky, this season, has not had a true road test. They did play at Indiana, which is a fairly good test even though Indiana isn't a great team. Still, it is a rivalry game against a great program in a hostile environment. (Did I just say Indiana is a great program? Yuck.)

 

Since it didn't sink in the first time, I'll restate who Kentucky plays on the road. Kentucky plays a home & home series with Indiana, Louisville and North Carolina.

 

Let me make this as simple as possible for you:

 

1. These teams are not in Kentucky's conference, which means they do not have to play them.

 

2. Kentucky plays these teams on a "home & home" basis, which means that Kentucky plays AT their home venue one year and then they play AT Kentucky the next (or vice versa.)

 

3. Kentucky happened to play 2 of the 3 teams at home this year.

 

If you need additional help let me know. Hopefully this will clear things up. :thumb:

 

 

I understand clearly, I just don't understand the importance of playing teams on the road when you don't have to. This isn't the BCS, they have a tourney at the end of the year and these made for tv games that are OOC games have no bearing on the outcome of March Madness. When Duke schedules quality teams, they play on a neutral court, partly so Duke fans around the country will have a chance to see them play. They play at Maryland every year, at UNC every year, at Georgia Tech, at NC State and while these are not OOC games, they are still road tests. If UNC or UL is down, like Indiana is this year, then these made for tv match ups are really rendered meaningless and only their names and tradition make them intriguing contests. If you can schedule games against quality teams on neutral courts, I don't see a problem especially when you will play brutal road games when you begin conference play. I hope Coach K continues to make schedules without consulting ColonelCrazy because last I saw he wasn't making his schedule to benefit you anyways.

 

Too bad UK insists on having a home and home series instead of playing on a neutral court(which would actually favor UK) and maybe then we could get that Duke/UK match up in the regular season.

I understand clearly, I just don't understand the importance of playing teams on the road when you don't have to. This isn't the BCS, they have a tourney at the end of the year and these made for tv games that are OOC games have no bearing on the outcome of March Madness. When Duke schedules quality teams, they play on a neutral court, partly so Duke fans around the country will have a chance to see them play. They play at Maryland every year, at UNC every year, at Georgia Tech, at NC State and while these are not OOC games, they are still road tests. If UNC or UL is down, like Indiana is this year, then these made for tv match ups are really rendered meaningless and only their names and tradition make them intriguing contests. If you can schedule games against quality teams on neutral courts, I don't see a problem especially when you will play brutal road games when you begin conference play. I hope Coach K continues to make schedules without consulting ColonelCrazy because last I saw he wasn't making his schedule to benefit you anyways.

 

Too bad UK insists on having a home and home series instead of playing on a neutral court(which would actually favor UK) and maybe then we could get that Duke/UK match up in the regular season.

 

I understand the benefit of playing on a neutral court. I also think that it's beneficial to the team. I just find it odd that they very rarely play at an opponent's home venue. No more, no less.

 

FWIW, I look for Kentucky under Coach Cal to take a similar approach. I understand the reasoning behind it, I just like the idea of playing a few games in a hostile environment.

I understand the benefit of playing on a neutral court. I also think that it's beneficial to the team. I just find it odd that they very rarely play at an opponent's home venue. No more, no less.

 

FWIW, I look for Kentucky under Coach Cal to take a similar approach. I understand the reasoning behind it, I just like the idea of playing a few games in a hostile environment.

 

Fair enough.

 

Coach K has used favorable scheduling to hide weaker teams in the past to boost the team's confidence. He's shrewd, but knows the neutral court games also have a NCAA tourney feel to them. Going on the road for hostile conference games is enough for me, though. As evidenced by today......

This Kansas/UT game is why Coach K is a great scheduler. Kansas lost to Tennessee at Tennessee after they lost their best player. Kansas had to play this game because of why?

This Kansas/UT game is why Coach K is a great scheduler. Kansas lost to Tennessee at Tennessee after they lost their best player. Kansas had to play this game because of why?

 

To play better competition, for the betterment of thier team. So they don't go into the NCAA tourney and be like "Oh shoot!". It's evident that need to play stiffer competition because the cupcakes did nothing for them. There is no exscuse for them to lose to Tennessee with out thier best scorer. Period.

Duke plays plenty of tough games on the road...but that doesn't help you in the tourney....Duke plays plenty of tough games in neutral venues.....which directly helps you prepare for the tourney....Mike Krzyzewski is one of the most successful coaches of all time.....I don't really care what you think they are, or who they are, whatever......I'll go with his opinions and suggestions in regards to the well being of the Duke basketball program.

  • Author

It seems like Georgia Tech beats Duke the same way Maryland seems to beat North Carolina every year. The ACC is always tough to play on the road no matter the quality of the teams.

Duke plays plenty of tough games on the road...but that doesn't help you in the tourney....Duke plays plenty of tough games in neutral venues.....which directly helps you prepare for the tourney....Mike Krzyzewski is one of the most successful coaches of all time.....I don't really care what you think they are, or who they are, whatever......I'll go with his opinions and suggestions in regards to the well being of the Duke basketball program.

 

That doesn't make team better playing on the road is what your trying to tell me? Laughable, simply laughable. Obviously the neutral court games aren't helping either.

That doesn't make team better playing on the road is what your trying to tell me? Laughable, simply laughable. Obviously the neutral court games aren't helping either.

 

The neutral court games are more like an NCAA tourney game than a road game.

That doesn't make team better playing on the road is what your trying to tell me? Laughable, simply laughable. Obviously the neutral court games aren't helping either.

 

Ho hum....Duke has had plenty of success they know what they're doing..........

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.