January 8, 201016 yr Duke may worry about losing Nolan Smith with him having a very good season right now. Doubtful. What position would he play in the pros. He's a prototypical 4 year Duke player. One of those Chris Duhon type players. But, say he pulls a Shavelik Randolph and leaves way too early, Dawkins and Curry along with Kyrie Irving could surely pick up the slack.
January 8, 201016 yr It just irks me that Duke plays the majority of their respectable OOC opponents on a neutral floor, as opposed to doing a home & home series. What respectable OOC opponent has UK played on the road this year??? And before you say it, Indiana is not respectable. Maybe in 2011-12 they will be respectable, but not 2009-10.
January 8, 201016 yr HAHA. Duke would be left in the dust, UK would run them up and down the floor. UK is way more athletic and fast and that has proved anough thus far this season. Connecticut is way more athletic than Duke and Duke beat Connecticut way more handily than UK did. On the same court that UK played Connecticut on. Cats3X was at the Duke-UConn game. He knows Duke wouldn't be left in the dust. Let John Wall and Bledsoe combine for 13+ turnovers against Duke(which is highly likely) and see how many Duke points that turns into. Plus, Big Cuz would get ejected or in major foul trouble because we all know Duke gets all of the calls.:sssh: It'd be a much better game that you think. Aren't teams still shooting a good 3 point percentage against UK? The Duke-UK matchup as of 1-7-10 favors Duke, IMO. Clean some of these things up by March and we can revisit this.:popcorn:
January 8, 201016 yr Ok, seriously, this post cracks me up....:lol: It's good to have confidence in your team, but odds say you are going to be eating a heck of a lot of crow with this. If they don't win it all in 2010-11, I'll come on here and eat crow, that's fine, but I have a very strong feeling I don't have to worry about that. Duke will be nasty next year. Wait and see............ I can't wait for the hate filled 2010-11 season.:popcorn:
January 8, 201016 yr Scheyer vs. John Wall would be a funny matchup. That is the reason I don't think Duke could beat UK. Scheyer is good, but I don't see him being able to guard Wall, or even Bledsoe. I think they would terrorize him when he has the ball as well. JMO. I would think that Smith and Dawkins would guard Wall, Scheyer would get Bledsoe. I am nowhere near as smart as Coach K, , but Scheyer would not stay on Wall long, I wouldn't think.
January 8, 201016 yr I would think that Smith and Dawkins would guard Wall, Scheyer would get Bledsoe. I am nowhere near as smart as Coach K, , but Scheyer would not stay on Wall long, I wouldn't think. Bledsoe would be a bad match up for him as well. And either of those two would be able to defend Scheyer extremely well IMO.
January 8, 201016 yr Connecticut is way more athletic than Duke and Duke beat Connecticut way more handily than UK did. On the same court that UK played Connecticut on. Cats3X was at the Duke-UConn game. He knows Duke wouldn't be left in the dust. Let John Wall and Bledsoe combine for 13+ turnovers against Duke(which is highly likely) and see how many Duke points that turns into. Plus, Big Cuz would get ejected or in major foul trouble because we all know Duke gets all of the calls.:sssh: It'd be a much better game that you think. Aren't teams still shooting a good 3 point percentage against UK? The Duke-UK matchup as of 1-7-10 favors Duke, IMO. Clean some of these things up by March and we can revisit this.:popcorn: IMO, Duke is one of the best teams in the country. They have some legit playmakers at the college level. They are more athletic than people givem them credit for as well IMO. :thumb:
January 8, 201016 yr UK's bigs would dominate inside, we have two of the best rebounders in the country. Wall leaves Scheyer in the dust. I just think UK is a terrible match up for Duke. That said IMO UK would beat Duke on a neutral floor nine times out of ten.
January 8, 201016 yr ^They might be. I'd worry about their shooting though. I also think they are better on the boards than other do.
January 8, 201016 yr What respectable OOC opponent has UK played on the road this year??? And before you say it, Indiana is not respectable. Maybe in 2011-12 they will be respectable, but not 2009-10. Kentucky has nothing to do with this thread. Regardless, Kentucky plays home & home with Louisville, North Carolina & Indiana on a yearly basis. It just so happens that the only 2 worth a darn were at home this year. I'd love to see a home & home series added between Kentucky & Duke. But no way that'll ever happen. If an annual matchup was to take place, it'd be at a neutral site...which would be alright by me. Nonetheless, the point remains that Duke very rarely plays a true road game against a quality opponent outside of the ACC.
January 8, 201016 yr ^They might be. I'd worry about their shooting though. I also think they are better on the boards than other do. You think UK's boards are better, or Duke's?
January 8, 201016 yr Kentucky has nothing to do with this thread. Regardless, Kentucky plays home & home with Louisville, North Carolina & Indiana on a yearly basis. It just so happens that the only 2 worth a darn were at home this year. I'd love to see a home & home series added between Kentucky & Duke. But no way that'll ever happen. If an annual matchup was to take place, it'd be at a neutral site...which would be alright by me. Nonetheless, the point remains that Duke very rarely plays a true road game against a quality opponent outside of the ACC. That is the point of this thread. PP brought up UK and that they would get beat by Duke. My point is UK has better athletes, better speed, and tougher.
January 8, 201016 yr You think UK's boards are better, or Duke's? Oh no, I'd take UK's bigs on the boards over anyones. Should have clarified.
January 8, 201016 yr Connecticut is way more athletic than Duke and Duke beat Connecticut way more handily than UK did. On the same court that UK played Connecticut on. Cats3X was at the Duke-UConn game. He knows Duke wouldn't be left in the dust. Let John Wall and Bledsoe combine for 13+ turnovers against Duke(which is highly likely) and see how many Duke points that turns into. Plus, Big Cuz would get ejected or in major foul trouble because we all know Duke gets all of the calls.:sssh: It'd be a much better game that you think. Aren't teams still shooting a good 3 point percentage against UK? The Duke-UK matchup as of 1-7-10 favors Duke, IMO. Clean some of these things up by March and we can revisit this.:popcorn: We'll see how Duke does later in the season. At this point, I don't think ANY matchup against Kentucky favors the other team. Too much NBA talent on the roster, but I digress. I find it comical that, in your analysis, you rely on Cousins getting ejected, particularly since he's been ejected for a total of ZERO (0) times.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.