Deming 100 Menifee County 92

This one was played at Mason Co. in the US Bank Showcase.

Good win for the Devils after struggling over the past couple of weeks. Kyle King has 38 points and was 17-17 from the line. Luke King added 27 points and 9 rebounds on 9-14 shooting according to WFTM's Danny Weddle. Good effort from all the Devils tonight. Good to see Jonathan Caldwell back after his injury.

Edited by dell
spelling

Deming 100 Menifee Co. 92

Menifee Co. 20 22 24 26 90

Deming 25 14 30 31 100

US Bank Classic at Mason Co.

Menifee Co. (8-4) -- Meeks 8, Howard 20, P. Greene 28, B. Greene 15, Daniel 3, Peck 18.

Deming (5-8) -- L. King 26, Stitt 7, K. King 38, Caldwell 12, Pilosky 8, Collins 2, Schalch 7.

Neither of these teams play any D. If Deming would lock down on the D side of the ball they could really play with bigger and better teams.

Thought there was plenty of D. Lots of steals,block shots,deflections,etc. Just that both teams were in run and gun mode and not many half court sets. Good shooting, beating your man off the dribble,etc. from start to finish.

Thought there was plenty of D. Lots of steals,block shots,deflections,etc. Just that both teams were in run and gun mode and not many half court sets. Good shooting, beating your man off the dribble,etc. from start to finish.

Yeah you can do that against that team they played today, not against the likes of Mason Co, Brossart, Scott etc.

Yeah you can do that against that team they played today, not against the likes of Mason Co, Brossart, Scott etc.

Not every team is like Mason Co. or the others, they went wth what got them the win like allin said.:taz: Good to see Caldwell back in the lineup, could still see he was in some pain with the injury he had. He was flexing his hand and holding it during breaks but still scored 12pts. pretty good game first time back in.:thumb: Can't you guys just let them savior this win. instead of being so critical, they are aware of what they haven't been doing and are trying to correcet their plan of attack and defend. They know they have been on a downward spiral but when your starting PG was injured for about a month what do you expect. Even Mustang gave props to them even though in losing he said they were the best 3-5 team, at that time, that he saw Brossart played. Good effort by Austin Stitt also.

I saw Deming play in the Lloyd tournament and those twins are really tough ballplayers. I was impressed with their offensive game. They get to the rim and finish as good as I have seen. I agree with you though, if they played defense they would be really tough to beat.

They do need to hit the boards alittle more aggresive then I seen them do, props again to Larry Collins #42, he went in among the big men few times to collect the boards, as he does about every varsity game, I go as far as saying he has to be the hardest working player out there.:thumb:

:laugh:

No way these two teams played any defense! 100 and 92 points in a High School game with 8 min quarters! Sorry I wasn't at this game but I find it hard to believe much defense was even attempted.

If all the starting 5 shoot as well as the rest this team could be unstoppable, Polosky#33 has dimenstrated to me he can shoot, it's when he thinks about his shot that get's him in trouble, C. Schach always has been a good shot, just doesn't take it all the time, I know he's better then that, And what hasn't been said about the King boys they get there pts. day in and day out. Caldwell did well his first night back out on the floor at the point.

:laugh:

No way these two teams played any defense! 100 and 92 points in a High School game with 8 min quarters! Sorry I wasn't at this game but I find it hard to believe much defense was even attempted.

As you said you wasn't there.